ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody needs to chill

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
The redundancy of speculation about the new OC position is on the brink of paranoia.

Kirk said, he hoped to have the position filled, two to three weeks after the bowl game. It has been all of five days. He had several phone conversations but no face-to-face meetings. That needs to take place, then a contract finalized before anything is announced. I do not expect anything until late next week or the week of the 15th is probably more likely.

Hopefully we fill the gap with announvements from Castro, Jackson, etc. - that they are returning. I'm retired and have plenty to keep me busy beyond worrying who our next offensive coordinator is going to be. FWIW, the podcast talking heads know as much as we do, Kirk plays things close to the vest.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. Life is too short.

Cheers!

What worries most of us is that Kirk said his entire focus was on bowl prep

We saw the fruits of that labor

Not sure he couldn’t have multitasked and had interviews ready to go. Especially since it sounded like Brian was openly applying and interviewing (Kirk said there was a chance Brian wouldn’t be available)

I do think the fun of a message board is in times like this. The speculation and rumors.

The redundancy of speculation about the new OC position is on the brink of paranoia.

Kirk said, he hoped to have the position filled, two to three weeks after the bowl game. It has been all of five days. He had several phone conversations but no face-to-face meetings. That needs to take place, then a contract finalized before anything is announced. I do not expect anything until late next week or the week of the 15th is probably more likely.

Hopefully we fill the gap with announvements from Castro, Jackson, etc. - that they are returning. I'm retired and have plenty to keep me busy beyond worrying who our next offensive coordinator is going to be. FWIW, the podcast talking heads know as much as we do, Kirk plays things close to the vest.

Cheers!
Hahahahaha
Can't agree with you more.
This forum which has become the tabloid that used to be at the checkout counter in grocery stores is a place where people with their panties in a bunch about things they have no control over vent.
Kirk is going to do what he wants. He had no control over Brian's issues and out the door he went.
Let's be patient and see what develops.

Cheers!
What you say is true about the level of speculation. But that is ok for those who want to do it. I have said many times I do not speculate on or even follow recruiting that much and dont get into it until players are enrolled and in August camp. But the portal and NIL have even changed that as players can leave after any season. I dont know of that many OCs out there so I cant speculate very much but I can add to the conversation by bringing up potential candidates coaching backgrounds.

I like to speculate about upcoming games as to the matchups, strategy, and stats and that is what fans do.

Reactions: obfuscating

Cheers!
Maybe you should focus on retirement and not pontificate about what other posters are doing.

Hahahahaha
This forum which has become the tabloid that used to be at the checkout counter in grocery stores is a place where people with their panties in a bunch about things they have no control over vent.
Kirk is going to do what he wants. He had no control over Brian's issues and out the door he went.
Lovenit when people say that this board is this or that, and they are members of said board and contribute like all the others.

What you say is true about the level of speculation. But that is ok for those who want to do it. I have said many times I do not speculate on or even follow recruiting that much and dont get into it until players are enrolled and in August camp. But the portal and NIL have even changed that as players can leave after any season. I dont know of that many OCs out there so I cant speculate very much but I can add to the conversation by bringing up potential candidates coaching backgrounds.

I like to speculate about upcoming games as to the matchups, strategy, and stats and that is what fans do.
I enjoy the speculation. I do find it bizarre when people are working themselves up and getting angry over things that we don’t even know are going to happen

Yet you decide to create a new post to talk about it.
priceless-tracy-kiss.gif

Hahahahaha
You mean hand-wringing over Kirk potentially making the wrong hire isn't gonna make it any easier when the news finally does break that Kirk made the mistake of hiring Philbin, Chryst, or worst of all Budmayr?...............................Ya don't say. :D

25 years of the same offense that has only gotten worse. It ain’t changing till KF hangs it up. BG needs to come to an agreement with KF that it’s time to turn over the keys to a new leader such as Ryan Grubb to bring the offense into the 21st century. Thanks for all you’ve done KF but it’s time for change. Pay him an agreed upon buyout of his contract to retire.

Cheers!
I wouldn’t know who the possibilities for OC were without reading the speculation on these boards. If it is too much for you to handle I suggest you take a vacation and stay off the boards. Or pick and choose which threads to open like I do…

There has to be a reason why this is taking so long, other than him just being thorough. He’s known about this opening for months, and he’s just getting around to it now? Something doesn’t add up.

• Haha
Reactions: IAHUNTER

Cheers!
I think you woke up paranoid that you might not be able to come up with something to start a post on. Problem solved....preach to all of us to calm down cuz we are on the brink of being paranoid. Jeez....blow shit out of proportion much?

Lovenit when people say that this board is this or that, and they are members of said board and contribute like all the others.
The trick is that I don't get my panties in a bunch over something I absolutely have NO control over like many here who argue between each other who's right. When I first came here to get solid information from insiders it was fun. Now most everything is an opinion because the insiders left because they were called out for posting.
How many persons on this forum are very close to the team and how many speculate stuff and post it.
I am not a insider/never have been

Reactions: BHoppy and RLMHAWK
We can talk about how bad Iowa's offense is/was and why with a Months prep they didn't assign a Spy on every Play to take away the main way a Freshman QB could really hurt the Defense . Oh and the Bobble Head Kirk might hire for an OC.

Last edited:
The OP is right.

But what else do we have to talk about?
This right here. There's not much else to talk about now that the season is over, and BF is officially gone.

There was the Ty Thompson talk for a day or so, I guess, but that's a dead topic now, also.

The OC search is the only real topic in the forefront right now, and people are gonna speculate. I say let em.

That's why I like this message board. Barring any whack jobs and personal assaults, I enjoy reading all opinions on Iowa football. Retirement...ahhhhh...I'm not far from it.

What worries most of us is that Kirk said his entire focus was on bowl prep

We saw the fruits of that labor

Not sure he couldn’t have multitasked and had interviews ready to go. Especially since it sounded like Brian was openly applying and interviewing (Kirk said there was a chance Brian wouldn’t be available)

I do think the fun of a message board is in times like this. The speculation and rumors.
How do you know he didn’t have most lined up to come in. He said he wanted candidates to come to Iowa City when bowl season was over.

Cheers!
About 1/3 will come out firing as soon as Kirk names the guy.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
We can talk about how bad Iowa's offense is/was and why with a Months prep they didn't assign a Spy on every Play to take away the main way a Freshman QB could really hurt the Defense . Oh and the Bobble Head Kirk might hire for an OC.
So Fire Phil!!! lol JFC.

Cheers!
Exactly. You only have to look at recent history to know that Coach will do what's best for the future of the program.

#STAYSTRONGCOACHFERENTZ

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT