ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody needs to chill

It’s hard to remember the last time Kirk made a competent decision in regards to anything associated with the offense. So I think a lot of people are just eager for him to prove that nothing will change with this hire.
Betts and Hodge hires are the last competent decisions Kirk has made on that side of the ball.

Reactions: blhawk
The trick is that I don't get my panties in a bunch over something I absolutely have NO control over like many here who argue between each other who's right. When I first came here to get solid information from insiders it was fun. Now most everything is an opinion because the insiders left because they were called out for posting.
How many persons on this forum are very close to the team and how many speculate stuff and post it.
I am not a insider/never have been
Try the premium board for insider stuff…

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Not sure he couldn’t have multitasked and had interviews ready to go. Especially since it sounded like Brian was openly applying and interviewing (Kirk said there was a chance Brian wouldn’t be available)

And? What if he was? His employment was about to be finished. When you fire a guy in the middle of the season, of course he's going to start looking for a new job immediately. I wouldn't blame him one bit if that what he was doing.

25 years of the same offense that has only gotten worse. It ain’t changing till KF hangs it up. BG needs to come to an agreement with KF that it’s time to turn over the keys to a new leader such as Ryan Grubb to bring the offense into the 21st century. Thanks for all you’ve done KF but it’s time for change. Pay him an agreed upon buyout of his contract to retire.
⬆️ This While idk if Grubbs is the answer (everyone is a guess till they are HC). It really depends on what fans are happy with. If winning 7-10 games is, then status quo is fine. If competing for championships (B1G or national) is what we want then we need in the top 30 offense efficancy because otherwise we will never be there. The worst offense to ever win the B1G championship is when Michigan State beat us at #25 in offense efficiency.

If we’re going to be telling each other how to conduct ourselves on this forum, then maybe we should all have an intervention for OP, the only poster to have an actual picture of himself as his avatar (holding a fish, no less), to inform him that he’s creeping the hell out of us.

Reactions: DewHawk
Take a valium Felicia , pretty big leap from talk about why no Spy to fire Phil , REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)
fickifionawide.jpg
Phil’s so stupid. lol.

It’s hard to remember the last time Kirk made a competent decision in regards to anything associated with the offense. So I think a lot of people are just eager for him to prove that nothing will change with this hire.
Ladell Betts wasn’t a good hire?

Used to but it got as bad in my opinion so I dropped it.
Maybe it's changed since Kakert left.
I have looked at thread titles on the premium page and the post count for them, then go to the football board and see there is literally ten times+ the activity on the free boards compared to the premium…I too used to be a paying member but the info on the premium board was nothing “inside” except for maybe getting news out an hour earlier than every other source…

And? What if he was? His employment was about to be finished. When you fire a guy in the middle of the season, of course he's going to start looking for a new job immediately. I wouldn't blame him one bit if that what he was doing.
Sure, no issue. I agree.

What i don’t agree is why couldn’t Kirk be doing the same interviews for Brian’s job vs make it sound like so busy with bowl prep ?

There has to be a reason why this is taking so long, other than him just being thorough. He’s known about this opening for months, and he’s just getting around to it now? Something doesn’t add up.
He just wants everyone to think he is being thorough. Remember how he worded it after Brian got hired? Extensive search is what he said, wasn't it? We are screwed and getting Budmayr.

There has to be a reason why this is taking so long, other than him just being thorough. He’s known about this opening for months, and he’s just getting around to it now? Something doesn’t add up.
It is a KF thing. Always have been, always will be. Do you not remember when KF was first hired? How long it took him to put his coaching staff together. The man hates change and afraid to make a mistake

It is a KF thing. Always have been, always will be. Do you not remember when KF was first hired? How long it took him to put his coaching staff together. The man hates change and afraid to make a mistake
True…you would think, though, that after 25 years, he would have an idea rather quickly of what he wants to do. I mean he has tons of connections. You’re right, he hates change so I’m sure this has thrown him for a loop.

Reactions: IAHUNTER
Try the premium board for insider stuff…
That is a joke right? I've been on the premium sites for years, it's pretty much the same. In the early years of the fan sites you use to get good inside information, but people ruined that by blasting people that would not give up their source. So the one in the know quit posting. Now they have Brad from the Swarm, he gives up a little. Just enough to get you to keep giving money for the NIL. So much better on these boards back in the late 90s early 2000s

Reactions: Hendy hawk
True…you would think, though, that after 25 years, he would have an idea rather quickly of what he wants to do. I mean he has tons of connections. You’re right, he hates change so I’m sure this has thrown him for a loop.
Heck, KF still has problems with clock management, 😆 🤣

Reactions: win1forthe
That is a joke right? I've been on the premium sites for years, it's pretty much the same. In the early years of the fan sites you use to get good inside information, but people ruined that by blasting people that would not give up their source. So the one in the know quit posting. Now they have Brad from the Swarm, he gives up a little. Just enough to get you to keep giving money for the NIL. So much better on these boards back in the late 90s early 2000s
Yep, pretty much.

Reactions: IAHUNTER
Im
The redundancy of speculation about the new OC position is on the brink of paranoia.

Kirk said, he hoped to have the position filled, two to three weeks after the bowl game. It has been all of five days. He had several phone conversations but no face-to-face meetings. That needs to take place, then a contract finalized before anything is announced. I do not expect anything until late next week or the week of the 15th is probably more likely.

Hopefully we fill the gap with announvements from Castro, Jackson, etc. - that they are returning. I'm retired and have plenty to keep me busy beyond worrying who our next offensive coordinator is going to be. FWIW, the podcast talking heads know as much as we do, Kirk plays things close to the vest.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. Life is too short.

Cheers!
I'm calmer than you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT