ADVERTISEMENT

Fardaws Aimaq Is Dominating

IowasLaw

HR All-State
Nov 19, 2019
Well this one stings a bit.

The stud 6'11, 250 lb grad transfer that was inches away from playing for the Hawks this season just had 13 points and 18 rebounds against the likely #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, Kansas, this week. He scored 19 points in each of his two games before that. Although he was injured the first 3/4 of the season, he's really coming on strong now and it would have been incredible to have him going into tournament time.

Recruiting is a game of inches, and it's mind blowing to imagine how good the Hawks would be right now if this guy was in the lineup along side Filip, Murray, and crew. One missing piece might have given the Hawks a legit shot at making a deep NCAA tourney run.

Last edited:
If Kansas is the overall #1 seed, then that means Alabama, Houston, and Purdue all lost in their conference tournaments and Kansas won convincingly.

It would also mean that CBB is soft as f*** this year if Kansas is the #1 overall seed this year.

So congrats on yet another awful take that you hope is right so you can point to everyone and claim "see, see I told you all look at what a masterful troll I am".............

Good luck, slap dick. :)

Don't ever reply to or @ me again, either.........;)

They have the most q1 victories ever.

Wasn't there something with his NIL deal at Texas Tech? Something controversial went on. He averaging just over 12 and 8 in his 9 games played. Despite playing in the loaded Big 12, Tech is 16-14 and only has 5 conference wins. They have work to do to feel good about selection Sunday.
I thought he entered the transfer portal at one point? Thought he was done at TTU.

If Kansas is the overall #1 seed, then that means Alabama, Houston, and Purdue all lost in their conference tournaments and Kansas won convincingly.

It would also mean that CBB is soft as f*** this year if Kansas is the #1 overall seed this year.

So congrats on yet another awful take that you hope is right so you can point to everyone and claim "see, see I told you all look at what a masterful troll I am".............

I think Kansas is going to be the #1 seed, and also that it's a very weak field for top seeds this year. Prepare for madness.

Saw him play right after he came back from his foot injury. He looked like a Hawk big. He would help us, no doubt. Flip flop the 2, have 10 fouls to use, Filip at the 4.

Kansas is 22-5 against one of the two best schedules in the country. They have a really good argument for #1 overall seed.

I watched several games of Fardaws and was not overly impressed with the exception of one game. But he was injured for most of the season, and he would be an upgrade at the 5 next year for Iowa. I really do not expect Iowa to be agressive trying to recruit him if $'s is his primary motivation.

I watched several games of Fardaws and was not overly impressed with the exception of one game. But he was injured for most of the season, and he would be an upgrade at the 5 next year for Iowa. I really do not expect Iowa to be agressive trying to recruit him if $'s is his primary motivation.
Money is going to be the motivation of just about every proven player in the transfer portal.

Welcome to free agency.

lol we don't want him if money is his primary motivation? Keegan Murray went pro after just his soph year because...money was his primary motivation. That makes him bad? Weezy left early as well to chase the $. Not a true Hawk? Cade McNamara transferred to rescue Iowa's woeful offense because...you guessed it, MONEY.

Count me in for wanting the best possible players regardless of their motivation.

lol we don't want him if money is his primary motivation? Keegan Murray went pro after just his soph year because...money was his primary motivation. That makes him bad? Weezy left early as well to chase the $. Not a true Hawk? Cade McNamara transferred to rescue Iowa's woeful offense because...you guessed it, MONEY.

Count me in for wanting the best possible players regardless of their motivation.
This is an odd response.

Never said that at all lol = " we don't want him if money is his primary motivation? "
What I was trying to say was I do not think Iowa will be the highest bidder. Of, course we want the best players we can get.

Reactions: RocknRollface
We have nil now. If Hunter doesn't do something smart like ditch Mich for iowa i say lets throw some of that nil money around and fill in a couple holes. Assuming Josh O actually leaves this year since he hasn't bothered to get in shape over the last 3 years.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17

Holy hell, you replied instead of tucking tail after starting a thread. The world may be ending.

Well this one stings a bit.

The stud 6'11, 250 lb grad transfer that was inches away from playing for the Hawks this season just had 13 points and 18 rebounds against the likely #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, Kansas, this week. He scored 19 points in each of his two games before that. Although he was injured the first 3/4 of the season, he's really coming on strong now and it would have been incredible to have him going into tournament time.

Recruiting is a game of inches, and it's mind blowing to imagine how good the Hawks would be right now if this guy was in the lineup along side Filip, Murray, and crew. One missing piece might have given the Hawks a legit shot at making a deep NCAA tourney run.
Imagine if Nunge stayed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT