ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Northwestern Game Thread*****

4:30 BTN
NW -3.5
O/U 152.5

Iowa Hawkeyes (17-12, 9-9) at Northwestern Wildcats (20-8, 11-6)

The Wildcats are 14-1 in home games.

I’ve always predicted this game as a loss and although the hawks have played better lately i still think the Cats are just too good defensively. Give me 81-74 NW.
willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-gene-wilder.gif

;)

Iowa's perimeter players, Dix, Perkins, and Sandfort, all played a great game tonight. When our starting lineup stays on the court for most of the game, we are a really difficult team to defend. Our guards also play tough defense. Assured of at least a .500 record, which few thought possible early in the season.

I think we also have a real shot at beating Illannoy. We need Owen to NOT make bonehead fouls , because we need him on the court most of the game to win, although Dembele is coming on... First B1G team to beat NW at home. Huge win.

The gift of the game was Buie not taking control and looking to score on that possession.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised he wasn't more assertive.
What I loved most about the final minute+ of the game was NW's second and third to last meaningful possessions were them dribbling around and passing like they were the ones that had the lead and were trying to run the clock out and/or the ones expecting fouls to extend the game.

No idea why they were doing that, but I was thanking them very much for doing so.

I noticed in a pic from game action that NW uses a Wilson ball. Is it the EVO?

If so, can we put the "Hawks can't handle/shoot well with the EVO ball" crap to bed finally??

I noticed in a pic from game action that NW uses a Wilson ball. Is it the EVO?

If so, can we put the "Hawks can't handle/shoot well with the EVO ball" crap to bed finally??
Yes, and I hope they start using it soon in practice.

Reactions: HawkBall23
You can do that, you know.
only after a made basket.. not sure which play this was referencing. Unless this rule has changed..

When can you move on inbounds?

After a made basket, the player inbounding the ball may move along the baseline. On any other inbounds pass, the player must remain laterally stationary, although he or she can move forward and backward toward or away from the court.Nov 18, 2011

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT