ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

The question about Cass' singlet - it finally came to me - he is a BIG BOY!
bobs.jpg

. . . No respect form Flo. It could have something to do with the low cut singlets we wear at Fargo. My wife was so upset because she could almost see a kid's nipple. :)

First, I believe it is Foley who has an issue with singlets.

Second, you married Foley??!!!

Reactions: el dub
Braunagel looked bigger to me than Brands.

Fwiw, Willie was the most accurate of the FLO guys, picking Brands to finish 4th.

Where is Braunagel wrestling? I know his brother Jarrid has been wrestling at a small school in Mizzou, I think... that kid was talented as well.

The Braunagel brothers are interesting. I was once sitting in the back hallway of a school pouting about my fave football team losing to the Pats in the playoffs and the 3 of them came back and sat down about 3 feet away from me. They started off by talking about their finals opponents. They had respect for everyone. Seriously, they had mad respect for their opponents and what they do well, and honestly, 2 of the 3 weren’t wrestling anyone worth a crap that round. Then they prayed to the Virgin Mary for what seemed like 5 minutes together. Very Catholic. It brought me back to the first 13 years of my life in which I was raised Catholic, but these guys were heavy into it. Like, I had never seen anyone at the Catholic Church I went to as passionate as they were in their prayers to the Virgin Mary.

And then they kicked ass in the finals. Tactical as hell. This was right before they began making waves on the national scene....like Jarrid’s Senior year.

Anyways...

Where is Braunagel wrestling? I know his brother Jarrid has been wrestling at a small school in Mizzou, I think... that kid was talented as well.

The Braunagel brothers are interesting. I was once sitting in the back hallway of a school pouting about my fave football team losing to the Pats in the playoffs and the 3 of them came back and sat down about 3 feet away from me. They started off by talking about their finals opponents. They had respect for everyone. Seriously, they had mad respect for their opponents and what they do well, and honestly, 2 of the 3 weren’t wrestling anyone worth a crap that round. Then they prayed to the Virgin Mary for what seemed like 5 minutes together. Very Catholic. It brought me back to the first 13 years of my life in which I was raised Catholic, but these guys were heavy into it. Like, I had never seen anyone at the Catholic Church I went to as passionate as they were in their prayers to the Virgin Mary.

And then they kicked ass in the finals. Tactical as hell. This was right before they began making waves on the national scene....like Jarrid’s Senior year.

Anyways...
They are wrestling for U of I . Illinois. Also, for those on the board who love this discussion. They are from the smallest class in Illinois. 1A. We have 3 classes over here.

Reactions: Dingledorf13
They are wrestling for U of I . Illinois. Also, for those on the board who love this discussion. They are from the smallest class in Illinois. 1A. We have 3 classes over here.

Yeah they are Althoff kids. We wrestled them for years until 2 years ago. GREAT program. The Braunagel bro’s, I think there was a Wysocky that was good.

Jarrid got beat by Will Lucie from West Hancock in the state finals as a Senior. Funny thing was, those two didn’t win the big tourney they were in together earlier that year. Didn’t wrestle each other. A no name kid pulled off an upset vs. Jarrid and then beat Lucie. And I don’t say this loosely, but Lucie shouldn’t have even made the finals. My brother got screwed at the end of the match in the semis, I mean it was bad... we won that..and then Jarrid beat my brother 10-6 for 3rd.

The big story coming into that Illinois tourney (Quincy) was the returning 120 Quincy champ (my brother, Soph at the time), 126 champ (Lucie) and 132 champ (Braunagel) were all gonna meet up at 138 in a collision course. They wrote an article about it in the Quincey paper. Lol,and the hometown kid, in a 30 team tourney who hadn’t had any big wins coming in or afterwards pulled the upset...it was a huge shock. I don’t think there were ever 3 returning champs that had ever been in the same bracket before that...winning Quincy is a big thing, relatively speaking and for THAT outcome. Crazy.

Lotta respect for the Braunagel bros. Nice kids. Very respectful.

And Lucie wrestled for the Marines or Army now.

Reactions: Squarehat
What is M*’s role with team Iowa? He is in the corner of some guys (Schreiver, Happel, Brands, and maybe others) but not all of the Iowa kids. Are there multiple Iowa coaches and the kids choose who they want in their corner?

I know for a fact that the coaches you generally see in the guy’s corners are by no means coincidental. If you see M* in a corner, it’s likely a Hawk guy or a guy they intend to be a Hawk guy.

If you see Kittelson in a corner, it’s very likely that he wants that kid in the Loras room.

To my understanding, the coaching situations are more or less discussed and designated accordingly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT