ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Not yet, those were just pictures from his most recent recruiting trip. With Anthony leaning on him to come to Iowa, I like our chances, but not a done deal yet. Virginia Tech wants him bad. I would assume Rutgers does too.
V tech had the most pandering visit, with a rented Ferrari for pictures and a huge Italian flag for his parents to hold up behind the Ferrari. Also, took a bunch of pictures with him holding basketballs??? Maybe they have their basketball recruits put singlets on during their visit. I can’t believe even young kids fall for this crap.

V tech had the most pandering visit, with a rented Ferrari for pictures and a huge Italian flag for his parents to hold up behind the Ferrari. Also, took a bunch of pictures with him holding basketballs??? Maybe they have their basketball recruits put singlets on during their visit. I can’t believe even young kids fall for this crap.
Well we don't know if he fell for it or not yet ;). I would be devastated if we lost Angelo to fricken VT.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
Well we don't know if he fell for it or not yet ;). I would be devastated if we lost Angelo to fricken VT.
From a wrestling program standpoint, we should be hands down the choice. Rutgers is in jersey where they are very comfortable, and made his list twice, which is concerning. Hoping his brothers attitude of being a hawk rubs off. I think we may have had th nc state 184 if his brother wasn’t already at nc state, so it may work in our favor this time.

I was wondering why he was holding basketballs and doing football wide receivers poses lol

Reactions: el dub
I hate to bring the anxiety thing back up, because it faded away two pages ago, but I've been busy and just now read it.
I see both sides of the discussion and have no idea (not being a doctor of psychology or psychiatry or any other kind) but felt like I should share my two sides of the story.
I never understood how people could get to the state where anxiety (or depression) crushed their spirit and caused so much turmoil in their life. I went through two VERY difficult divorces, that had me thinking crazy thoughts, and doing stupid things that I knew better than to do, out of desperation. I didn't turn to drugs, and by the second one I had given up alcohol and didn't go back to it either. I've always thought I was a mentally-tough individual and felt I could soldier through any situation.
People's brains ARE definitely wired differently.
Enter my youngest son. He is also a very mentally-tough individual. He was diagnosed in 2nd or 3rd grade with ADD. He has been off-and-on medications ever since. In spite of his ADD, he was a 3.96 GPA High-schooler taking all the AP and advanced courses. I feel the .04 in that grade point started his anxiety caused by a teacher that was an idiot. He had a class with seven 4.0 students in it, and only one came out at 4.0 because the teacher had a grudge against 4-pointers (he wasn't one himself). Anyway, at U of I my son (who was very confident in his abilities as a student) had run-ins with a few professors early on, for various reasons. I'm not a parent who thinks their kids are blameless, but would have stood up for him in most of these situations if given a chance. Anyway, by his third year, he was suffering from some huge anxiety issues, and I couldn't understand them from my point of view. Eventually, he went on meds for a while and is currently off those and ADD meds and is coping fine, but his struggles have shown me that even the strongest people can battle those issues, and it's not just mental weakness on someone's part that can lead to anxiety and depression and often those people close to them are helpless to see the problem or help with it.
Sorry for the book here, but felt it might help others to hear some of this.
Pics of the first two wives??

Hard pass.
You obviously have a lot of anger toward this family. I say let things play out before we condemn anything and everything about them. I don’t know them. You don’t know them. T&T obviously do. I trust they will make the right decision for Iowa and Gabe Arnold’s dad commented he enjoyed meeting the kids and dad … instead of casting stones from afar how about we let this play out as it’s intended to (whatever that may look like.)

You obviously have a lot of anger toward this family. I say let things play out before we condemn anything and everything about them. I don’t know them. You don’t know them. T&T obviously do. I trust they will make the right decision for Iowa and Gabe Arnold’s dad commented he enjoyed meeting the kids and dad … instead of casting stones from afar how about we let this play out as it’s intended to (whatever that may look like.)

A lot of Hawk fans are against this. Many are for it. Both have their reasons and in this case, I'm good with both because I do not know how this will end up. For their part, 2/3 Ferraris have earned this. I am all in hoping Ferrari 57 redeems himself and shows some personal growth. At Iowa, I think this can happen. AJ is a wait and see in terms of his case but I have doubts whether we'll ever see him wrestle again in college.

All I know, if our 24/25 team looks something like this Watch Out!
125 Ayala
133 Petersen
141 Block
149 Rathjen/Voinivich
157 Ant Ferrari
165 Kennedy
174 Arnold
184 Ang Ferrari
197 AJ Ferrari
285 Kueter

Looks like the upper weights could be our strength in the future.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Our planning and recruiting up front has not been what it needs to be so while that remains the case acquisition of talent needs to happen somehow. Since we lost a blue chip supposedly related to this situation we might as well see where it gets us because at this point it has become more of a need than a want to keep us first in the rear view mirror.

All I know, if our 24/25 team looks something like this Watch Out!
125 Ayala
133 Petersen
141 Block
149 Rathjen/Voinivich
157 Ant Ferrari
165 Kennedy
174 Arnold
184 Ang Ferrari
197 AJ Ferrari
285 Kueter

Looks like the upper weights could be our strength in the future.
Hope kueter is able to do both sports. Smart move would be to get a solid heavy. Iowa could be left with a huge hole where we’ve been getting serious points.

Desanto is the man.
I agree. His thing is different than the Ferrari Crime Family’s m.o. even if there appear to be similarities on the surface.

One is a competitor whose emotions can get in the way of social interactions. The other may enjoy manipulating people and playing with their emotions. Maybe bullying behavior and sense of entitlement are found as well.

I agree. His thing is different than the Ferrari Crime Family’s m.o. even if there appear to be similarities on the surface.

One is a competitor whose emotions can get in the way of social interactions. The other may enjoy manipulating people and playing with their emotions. Maybe bullying behavior and sense of entitlement are found as well.
Yes. We need a serious heavy, imo.

Sorry… I’ll continue casting stones. We are all entitled to our opinions… mine is much closer to “this should never have even been entertained” than to “let this play out.” Because if this doesn’t play out right…and it very likely will not… this is a devastating blow to the program. IMO it’s absolutely not worth the risk.

Sorry… I’ll continue casting stones. We are all entitled to our opinions… mine is much closer to “this should never have even been entertained” than to “let this play out.” Because if this doesn’t play out right…and it very likely will not… this is a devastating blow to the program. IMO it’s absolutely not worth the risk.
Not sure how devastating it will be. But it could potentially alter a teams success ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

To me, it’s too many side-shows in one tent. Talk about the potential of having a coaching staff over a proverbial barrel? What happens if one “family,” member feals slighted or gets out of line? Does the entire troupe pull up stakes and portal out in middle of night?

This is the poker equivalent of going all in. And counting on the FCF to start acting in a different manner than witnessed repeatedly over the last number of years. Someone is bluffing…

Last edited:
Reactions: ping72
I was all-out for a week or two: too much downside risk. Then when Cael started getting all the top transfers I switched to all-in: be bold, Hail Mary, the world is ending soon anyway.

Then when Chittum left, I was conflicted for about fifteen minutes. But I realized the thing I dislike about Tom--his blind stubbornness--is also the thing I like about him. He is clearly all-in with these guys, to the point of telling Old Man Chittum this ain't the University of Chittum. Nobody tells Tom what to do, by God. I roll my eyes at that, but his mind is made up before the sun rises.

So, good. I'm all-in. Step on the gas. Rock-'n'-roll. Let's go. Get these guys signed, win some titles, and boo-hoo. Not gonna convert any non-believers anyway.

Are these guys basically DeSanto times 100?

P.S. I also haven't followed this ongoing saga.........much at all.
No, totally different situation than AD.

Not following much at all? Your kidding right?

IMO - Well they have left 3 highschools and one college in their wake and they are just getting started, in addition to their legal troubles. There is a clear pattern, and the problems they have been associated, are the ugly kind.

I believe if you told 100 informed wrestling fans, coaches and wrestlers that they had to wager $50 straight up on the younger two lastng all 4 years at any big school program or not, the majority would wager no. In short, they are the definition of a high reward but even higher risk gamble.

I think the most unsettling piece is arguably not what they have done (which ain't good), but the root cause, which appears to be pretty extreme pathalogical narcissism, which is not good for team chemistry in any room.

Last edited:
I was all-out for a week or two: too much downside risk. Then when Cael started getting all the top transfers I switched to all-in: be bold, Hail Mary, the world is ending soon anyway.

Then when Chittum left, I was conflicted for about fifteen minutes. But I realized the thing I dislike about Tom--his blind stubbornness--is also the thing I like about him. He is clearly all-in with these guys, to the point of telling Old Man Chittum this ain't the University of Chittum. Nobody tells Tom what to do, by God. I roll my eyes at that, but his mind is made up before the sun rises.

So, good. I'm all-in. Step on the gas. Rock-'n'-roll. Let's go. Get these guys signed, win some titles, and boo-hoo. Not gonna convert any non-believers anyway.
Only thing that may convert the non believers is if this works out in 2-3 years. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. Where we are at, Tom had to take a big chance just to keep us ahead of Michigan and Ohio State.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Why would a hwt prospect want to come to Iowa at this point with kueter here? As long as he is in the picture I doubt we sign any high level guys.
Agree.

If Kueter goes the football route, it's likely a portal acquisition.
No high school kid is coming.

IMO - Well they have left 3 highschools and one college in their wake and they are just getting started, in addition to their legal troubles. There is a clear pattern, and the problems they have been associated, are the ugly kind.

I believe if you told 100 informed wrestling fans, coaches and wrestlers that they had to wager $50 straight up on the younger two lastng all 4 years at any big school program or not, the majority would wager no. In short, they are the definition of a high reward but even higher risk gamble.

I think the most unsettling piece is arguably not what they have done (which ain't good), but the root cause, which appears to be pretty extreme pathalogical narcissism, which is not good in any room.
So their parents put Ashley Joens' dad to shame?........

Why would a hwt prospect want to come to Iowa at this point with kueter here? As long as he is in the picture I doubt we sign any high level guys.
Good point, maybe not a top 5 guy. But wonder about a top 10. Football season is absolutely brutal and long. And football conditioning is very different from wrestling. It took Warner pretty much all season to get into wrestling shape. Coming in every season starting in January …. After D1 football practices and games for 5 months.

Good point, maybe not a top 5 guy. But wonder about a top 10. Football season is absolutely brutal and long. And football conditioning is very different from wrestling. It took Warner pretty much all season to get into wrestling shape. Coming in every season starting in January …. After D1 football practices and games for 5 months.
Huh? Warner played football too? Or… what?

Reactions: kkhawk
Pics of the first two wives??

I never have been able to figure out how to post pictures on here. I started a website once just to post a picture of my video set-up for the NCAA tournament one year. I'll see how this works;
https://i0.wp.com/talkglitz.media/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Nina-Dobrev.jpg?resize=500,291&ssl=1

I never have been able to figure out how to post pictures on here. I started a website once just to post a picture of my video set-up for the NCAA tournament one year. I'll see how this works;
https://i0.wp.com/talkglitz.media/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Nina-Dobrev.jpg?resize=500,291&ssl=1
I can see why you left those 2 dogs😬

Reactions: Gusaford
The villain shoe already fits, why not wear it? Bring the Ferrari Fleet in and let this mf rip. We are already hated by everyone else just like always, how about TnT stop trying to appease the virtue signalers and just embrace the hate? Whichever Sports Car toes the line first, he comes out to Voodoo Chile Slight Return wearing a black and gold nWO shirt. Somebody mentioned this a few months ago and knowing how things have played out since Tulsa, this makes a ton of sense and would be a nice shot in the arm for the fanbase.
Man, if anyone walked out to Hendrix in Carver I would be over the moon. Voodoo Child should definitely be someone's walkout song. There are a few Zeppelin songs that would be perfect too.

Don't be pussifacation.....grow some dude....

• Haha
Reactions: Grip220
Are we men or mice.
Like it or not they are being recruited hard! it's been said and seen that many current Hawkeyes have no problem hanging and bringing them in with open arms so maybe a few of you should get off your high horse and trust our people.
It's not done, but when these guys are lined up standing on the mat at Carver with the rest of our lineup and Our HWC guys behind them--- Look Out! I can't wait to get up in that little slime balls grill and say "How do you like our new Ferraris"

Nina-Dobrev.jpg

Countries-With-The-Most-Beautiful-Women.jpg

Reactions: TarpHawk
Not sure how devastating it will be. But it could potentially alter a teams success ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

To me, it’s too many side-shows in one tent. Talk about the potential of having a coaching staff over a proverbial barrel? What happens if one “family,” member feals slighted or gets out of line? Does the entire troupe pull up stakes and portal out in middle of night?

This is the poker equivalent of going all in. And counting on the FCF to start acting in a different manner than witnessed repeatedly over the last number of years. Someone is bluffing…
But we aren’t pushing all in with the nuts. This is pushing in pre-flop with 7-8 suited.

I think the most unsettling piece is arguably not what they have done (which ain't good), but the root cause, which appears to be pretty extreme pathalogical narcissism, which is not good for team chemistry in any room.
Over the years, my wife had a very contentious relationship with her daughter. They had, and talked for about a year to year and a half, and then she got back in touch with her. It seems she had some mental health issues that went on diagnosed.

She's doing great now, and just had a baby, and she's doing a fantastic job as a mom. She is a great guy, and seems to be like a totally different person from my understanding she had a combination of depression or bipolar, along with ADD and anxiety.

She did say her psychiatrist mention she might possibly have borderline personality disorder, which can be a real nightmare to deal with and which seem to confirm what I've seen, of course I guess it could be the other things too.

Which I'm glad, because from my understanding personality disorders can't be cured. So if you're dealing with a true, narcissist, psychopath, or sociopath, can't fix these people.

If a person is a true narcissist, they often do great initially in relationships of any kind because it's like a shiny new toy for them, the people in the situation as they get comfortable in it their true personality comes out and that's when problems start.

So we'll see what happens with these guys, but from what I've heard the last few months I would pass.

Over the years, my wife had a very contentious relationship with her daughter. They had, and talked for about a year to year and a half, and then she got back in touch with her. It seems she had some mental health issues that went on diagnosed.

She's doing great now, and just had a baby, and she's doing a fantastic job as a mom. She is a great guy, and seems to be like a totally different person from my understanding she had a combination of depression or bipolar, along with ADD and anxiety.

She did say her psychiatrist mention she might possibly have borderline personality disorder, which can be a real nightmare to deal with and which seem to confirm what I've seen, of course I guess it could be the other things too.

Which I'm glad, because from my understanding personality disorders can't be cured. So if you're dealing with a true, narcissist, psychopath, or sociopath, can't fix these people.

If a person is a true narcissist, they often do great initially in relationships of any kind because it's like a shiny new toy for them, the people in the situation as they get comfortable in it their true personality comes out and that's when problems start.

So we'll see what happens with these guys, but from what I've heard the last few months I would pass.
Great post. That’s my understanding/experience as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT