ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone having doubts?

I mean, I agree on part of that. But we'd quickly dismiss any potential attitude problems in less than 3 minutes if we would switch over to us and our staff still wanted him, including you. Unless you've forgotten about some of the glowing comments you've made on him.

Summary - He committed to Nebraska. Now he apparently has a huge attitude problem. We'd still all be happy if he comes here and the staff still will take his commitment. Attitudes can change, people can mature, his, in your own words "wing span, huge and soft hands, footwork, cutting, quick moves, and change of direction" can't always. Sorry, but that's true. Hell, this is the first quote I "liked" in the thread:

So it's not like I'm sold on the guy. I'd still be happy to pick him up and see if he can learn something from our staff about humility and teamwork. He's still a hell of a talent.
His attitude was always in question. Great skill set! I was unable to attend any games this year because of COVID constraints, but of the guys who did go, two things that were shared were him throwing tantrums on the field and yelling at coach(es). One person who has been a major player in the athletic department at LC for over 30 years describes him as a cancer. All I have done is pass along what people in the know have shared.

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
I mean, I agree on part of that. But we'd quickly dismiss any potential attitude problems in less than 3 minutes if we would switch over to us and our staff still wanted him, including you. Unless you've forgotten about some of the glowing comments you've made on him.

Summary - He committed to Nebraska. Now he apparently has a huge attitude problem. We'd still all be happy if he comes here and the staff still will take his commitment. Attitudes can change, people can mature, his, in your own words "wing span, huge and soft hands, footwork, cutting, quick moves, and change of direction" can't always. Sorry, but that's true. Hell, this is the first quote I "liked" in the thread:

So it's not like I'm sold on the guy. I'd still be happy to pick him up and see if he can learn something from our staff about humility and teamwork. He's still a hell of a talent.
I am also the one and only person on this board that knew anything about the kid because of my LC ties and the fact that one of my best friends works with Fidone’s uncle in Omaha and I was able to get the inside scoop on where he was going to commit. I have passed along others’ assessments of his skills which are top notch, and also passed along others’ perceptions of his perceived character flaws which come out a reasonable amount. If you could get your head out of a certain body part that you sit on, you could possibly comprehend the big picture of what I have shared about Fidone over the last year.

His attitude was always in question. Great skill set! I was unable to attend any games this year because of COVID constraints, but of the guys who did go, two things that were shared were him throwing tantrums on the field and yelling at coach(es). One person who has been a major player in the athletic department at LC for over 30 years describes him as a cancer. All I have done is pass along what people in the know have shared.
That’s fair. The only post I saw in this had a video where he supposedly blew up in a tantrum after his cousin caught a TD instead of him. Once Blair linked the play it was a whole lot of nothing. If there’s more to the whole picture, then I’ll trust the coaches if he does still have any desire to play for us, which I doubt anyway.

That’s fair. The only post I saw in this had a video where he supposedly blew up in a tantrum after his cousin caught a TD instead of him. Once Blair linked the play it was a whole lot of nothing. If there’s more to the whole picture, then I’ll trust the coaches if he does still have any desire to play for us, which I doubt anyway.
Understand.. I don’t disagree that the video that Blair shared didn’t divulge as much as two people who were both on the field shared with me. it is my understanding that the two sources were not together on the field but their accounts were the same. While Fidone didn’t throw his arms up in the air and make a huge thing of it as one described, Fidone chose to not participate in the touchdown celebration as the other 10 players did even though it was his cousin who scored as he preferred to yell at the head coach while leaving the field because the play was supposed to go to him and then continued the verbal exchange on the sideline. I wasn’t there so I personally did not see/hear what unfolded but the two people that I am referring to are as honest as the day is long and are the staunchest of staunch LC supporters.

wow, 4 pages. The kid isn't coming to Iowa, and if you look at his post following the initial statement it would support that. Enough, wish him the best, the same as I wish any other Iowa kid the best.

wow, 4 pages. The kid isn't coming to Iowa, and if you look at his post following the initial statement it would support that. Enough, wish him the best, the same as I wish any other Iowa kid the best.
After dissing the Hawks, it sounds like he's maybe not man enough to admit he made a mistake the first time.

Hope he enjoys irrelevance.

Nope——don’t want Fidone. I am a Lewis Central parent and my son played for the Titans and a number of my friends comprise a large part of the inner circle of LC athletics. He is one incredible athlete but most of them are of the belief that his selfish attitude and ego are too great to overcome. There is no I in team especially in Iowa City.
Says tjFANT.
I dunno if I am buying....

After dissing the Hawks, it sounds like he's maybe not man enough to admit he made a mistake the first time.

Hope he enjoys irrelevance.
The kid is a Nebraska fan, I also have the feeling the Noah Fant had some input based on his twitter profile. I don't hate the kid, it just shows the coaches, that they need to get there butts over to the western side of the state and kick up the recruiting.

Well, in Nebraska’s defense, they only put 9 players on the field. So you have to feel kind of sorry for the lone rusher. The guy on the field responsible for counting to 11 must have been one of the two MIA.

that is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Lol. What's funny is he could have got the first down and then some, running in any direction he wanted

Reactions: VodkaSam
that is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Lol. What's funny is he could have got the first down and then some, running in any direction he wanted
Sadly it reminds me of the fake punt Wisconsin used to turn the game in Iowa City several years back. After that game Wisconsin continued on to become the bell cow of the West Division.

You are a loser because you wish young guys bad luck because they don't make the decision you want. You are lame af, strangle yourself and we'll all be better off

Reactions: Cydkar
Nah, it never gets old making fun of the Huskers and all their 4* croots.

But will it be "Fi Done" or Fidon't"?

I watched lot's of football yesterday. The funniest play I saw all day was the Illinois punt where every Husker defender turned their backs and ran, except for ONE guy that rushed the kick.

Google the play if you can. It makes Pop Warner players look like Pros.
That play literally made me laugh out loud. That Illini punter was juking and shimmying nobody for 5 seconds and still got the first down! It was glorious

That play literally made me laugh out loud. That Illini punter was juking and shimmying nobody for 5 seconds and still got the first down! It was glorious
I saw that once in a middle school football game where a team only had nine guys on the field. Maybe Nebby is headed to the nine man game?

Reactions: Niko13
Even if Fidone de commits from Debbie, I seriously doubt he chooses Iowa, that would not be enough to feed his ego, if what I read about him is true. However, he should really consider another school as I think Frost's days are going to be numbered unless he can get things turned around ASAP, I can't see the Cakesters of Little Debbie State take to much more losing considering this is his third season and he has yet to show much progress.
He's contracted through 2026. He's there for at least 3 more.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Like most folks on this site, I have no first hand information of Fidone. But I get the feeling from what's been posted by others that the kid struggles a bit with always putting the team first. If that's accurate, he wouldn't be happy at a place like Iowa. I wish him well at Nebraska (except on Black Friday).

You are a loser because you wish young guys bad luck because they don't make the decision you want. You are lame af, strangle yourself and we'll all be better off
IrV7Jwlha-gqUokEz9kP_GaeeWH3xhR_aD2S31S9ulYrqKc2Xz7Wcoe1QHO9PVn53ae4Vq-D8gIkk9CIWS7S1IWbMyKIebT52KZLx7G7JYQ3iKm1iDyAZb5D-VLACisKryFkNyABjQAD6VAlEN_Z0vDOePgYEqbRDQw

I wonder what the buy out would be. Of course, I doubt Debbie would fire him after this year, but I think if he doesn't put a winning team on the field next season I would think his seat would be MIGHTY warm. LOL
It was $10M thru 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT