ADVERTISEMENT

Former KIMT anchor Jodi Huisentruit disappearence update

I've always believed this case can be solved. Will it? Who knows, but I think it can be.

I refuse to believe that someone can vanish without a trace. Somewhere out there somebody knows something.

So many groves and farm areas that are not tilled to bury a body, it doesn’t surprise me they didn’t find anything.

Much more difficult to pull something like this off today. Cell phones, traffic cameras, cars with OnStar or like services. Many ways you can be tracked after the fact.

If you have some time, read some of the comments on articles and in the forum on the Find Jodi website. Some of the stuff out there is as odd as the two articles linked.

csb.. i heard from a local cop back in july that they were one step away from making an arrest in the case. he didnt give details and i didnt ask but its interesting to me that this is coming out now. at the time i didnt put much faith in what he said, its been so long. i hope the family can get some closure. it has to be mental torture to go through something like this with a loved one.

So just to clarify, Jodi was in Iowa City for the weekend, went home to Mason City on Sunday or Monday-- was confirmed to have been back in Mason City-- and then disappeared, AND she was member of a cult-like 'church'? Did she hang out in Iowa City often?

So just to clarify, Jodi was in Iowa City for the weekend, went home to Mason City on Sunday or Monday-- was confirmed to have been back in Mason City-- and then disappeared, AND she was member of a cult-like 'church'? Did she hang out in Iowa City often?
she was abducted in the parking lot at keystone apts where she lived in mason city sometime in the early morning. no she was not a member of a cult like church.

I'm sure there are cost and legal barriers, but I've thought for a long time that the police should go to abandoned cesspools and wells, to train as if they suspect there is something there. Bet they would solve some of these old cases.

Likes others said. Very odd they want tracking information on cars that didn’t exist at time of crime.

I wonder if they got nothing and are just hoping at some point her killer drove by the spot they dumped body. Sort of a return to scene of crime. If the car drove past her apartment perhaps they also drove past the burial site on same trip.

Yeah this case and the newspaper delivery ones are really strange that they all disappeared without a trace essentially.
There was the girl that went to Grinnell that they found dead rolled up in a rug as well. They found her car broken down on I-80 by West Branch if my mind remembers correctly.

Mason City shares one with Rochester & Austin, MN, I believe.

KIMT (formerly KGLO) has operated out of their Mason City studios since 1954 and have been the CBS affiliate for north central Iowa and southern Minnesota for over sixty years. KAAL (KAUS) out of Austin is the ABC affiliate for that area and KTTC (KROC) in Rochester is the areas NBC affiliate. I don’t think any of these stations are affiliated with any of the other ones in that area although each probably have substations and radio affiliates. I always considered KIMT my preferred station for news and weather. I never trust Minnesota!

I miss Bart’s clubhouse.

I loved Barts Clubhouse. Bart enjoyed the dancers when not on tv

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
From what I remember, your first paragraph is right...but she was also out the night before she disappeared in Iowa City...pretty sure. I just remember we employees talking about Rez having to be interviewed about her disappearance and he was pretty nervous even though he knew he didn't do anything.

There is a ten part podcast - "What Happened to Jodi?" - about her that I recently listened to. It was produced by John Fuller the content manager for KAUS radio in Austin, MN.

She was in IC the weekend before her disappearance.

A LEO officer told a previous poster that they were one step away, sometimes news like this gets floated by the police through the media to cause a reaction in their suspect. This news is probably floating out not because it is something new, but because they want to put the spotlight back on this case and hopefully jar some reaction out of a suspect. Maybe that suspect visits the burial site to make sure she's still there. Maybe it causes a suspect to phone an accomplice or triggers some other behavior the cops can hone in on.

A LEO officer told a previous poster that they were one step away, sometimes news like this gets floated by the police through the media to cause a reaction in their suspect. This news is probably floating out not because it is something new, but because they want to put the spotlight back on this case and hopefully jar some reaction out of a suspect. Maybe that suspect visits the burial site to make sure she's still there. Maybe it causes a suspect to phone an accomplice or triggers some other behavior the cops can hone in on.

Exactly what I was thinking. Which is why I'm staying in my routine, you know?

Yeah, better check to make sure she didn't want a change of scenery

Yeah, better check to make sure she didn't want a change of scenery

A lot of killers get off on the idea that they can go visit the scene of the crime. I don't think it is that weird of a suggestion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT