ADVERTISEMENT

Fran contract extension

Would have cost us a lot more after we win the national title;)
GranularAthleticCats-small.gif

Huh? You’ve complained for years and years that Iowa doesn’t have enough brothas. Did you see the Murray/Perkins/Ulis class? Iowa will get a transfer or two to plug holes but saying that the cupboard is bare is idiotic. Then again, look who typed it....
Did you notice out of that entire class only 1 other P5 offer COMBINED!!! We can’t keep waiting for players to be ready to contribute on the junior or senior years. We need players that can contribute something immediately.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
Did you notice out of that entire class only 1 other P5 offer COMBINED!!! We can’t keep waiting for players to be ready to contribute on the junior or senior years. We need players that can contribute something immediately.
Idk, I think this whole "one and done" is going to be a dying Fad.

Grasping at straws when you know damn well one of those terrible recruits is a future superstar. The others will contribute once back court minutes open up. Perkins has flashed, especially on the defensive end. Ulis looks steady and ready to take the reins next year. Kris is an unknown but I’ll bet he’s going f to hold his own. Josh O needs an off season of conditioning but he reminds me of a Michigan St or Purdue big who comes in severely overweight but leaves a monster.

Even with Weezy, no chance at the top 25. Who else on the team can shoot??? Anyone create off the dribble??? NO! Very thin front court. Back to same ‘ol crap Iowa next year.
Frederick is one of the best shooters in the BIG. I think Uhlis could be decent from the arc. Murray's percentage might not be that good, but he has good shooting form so I expect him to improve... same with Nunge. Sandfort is an excellent shooter.

Frederick is decent at creating off the dribble, notably the drive with the pull-up jumper. PMac and Murray can get to the rim. In limited time, Uhlis and Perkins have shown that they can drive. If Joe T could play under control, he can get to the hoop (I really hope he works on that this summer).

Grasping at straws when you know damn well one of those terrible recruits is a future superstar. The others will contribute once back court minutes open up. Perkins has flashed, especially on the defensive end. Ulis looks steady and ready to take the reins next year. Kris is an unknown but I’ll bet he’s going f to hold his own. Josh O needs an off season of conditioning but he reminds me of a Michigan St or Purdue big who comes in severely overweight but leaves a monster.
Why no other respectable offers??? 100 4star b-ball recruits each year. At the minimum we should get one per year!?!!! I guess we can just sit back and hope we continue the trend of one decent year out if every ten. And, no, we will not be making the NCAA tournament next year. Very limited scoring options. Selection Sunday will just be another Sunday like most basketball seasons.

My guess is Iowa will be Frans last coaching destination. I’m ok with this, I’m as guilty as anyone for being critical of Fran. I want people that want to be at Iowa though, Fran obviously wants that.

Fran will never get another Garza. This year is likely his high water mark.

I guess the big boosters are happy and thst is who drives the boat.

Reactions: CarterHall
Why no other respectable offers??? 100 4star b-ball recruits each year. At the minimum we should get one per year!?!!! I guess we can just sit back and hope we continue the trend of one decent year out if every ten. And, no, we will not be making the NCAA tournament next year. Very limited scoring options. Selection Sunday will just be another Sunday like most basketball seasons.

I loooooove to place wagers with stupid people. I’ll bet you any amount, regardless of who returns, that Iowa will be in the Big Dance next year. Put up or shut up, Roy.

I don't see Fran going anywhere but he for sure would have drawn interest after this season I'm sure... locking him in now before he can use other jobs as leverage makes sense to me.

I don't see Fran going anywhere but he for sure would have drawn interest after this season I'm sure... locking him in now before he can use other jobs as leverage makes sense to me.
lol

From whom would he “for sure” have drawn interest? Who’s hot to hire a 62 year old .500 in B1G coach?

List the programs (or NBA teams lol) or stop embarrassing yourself.

You aren’t happy with where the program is now?
Define now ....”today”. Yes today is great but I wouldn’t write checks over it. I would have waited to see what he does without Garza.

Fran isn’t going to get offers from better programs. Better programs write massive buyout checks and expect big time winners when they do that. A .500 conference record with no track record of big time recruits don’t move e needle.

Huh, please tell us specifically how many times Fran's team has made the Dance in the past (and of course they were very solidly in last year before it got cancelled). "Most seasons", lmao....

Huh, please tell us specifically how many times Fran's team has made the Dance in the past (and of course they were very solidly in last year before it got cancelled). "Most seasons", lmao....

Lyao all you want but the answer is 5 (6 w/out COVID) out of 11 seasons. Best seed before this year? 7. Is this really a chest puffing body of work? Making the tourney as a seven seed every other year? Really?

I like some of our young talent but come on... things are going to look a lot different offensively without the POY on the floor (defensively we might actually be much improved).

I like Fran. Fran is a good coach who has built a solid program in a tough place to do that. Fran certainly deserved to be extended... but let’s get real... he isn’t in demand in the P5 world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT