ADVERTISEMENT

Fran?

Sick of watching Rebraca miss the front end of FT, so even on an off night I'd rather see Kris down the stretch.
It’s not Rebraca’s fault he’s in the game late when we need FT shooters.
all in all, Rebraca showed why he’s valuable, 6-8 from field, with nice post moves, he’s a good piece.

kris should be given 30m a game

7-13 in Conf and 15-15 overall, they are bubble line NIT…
That prediction could be right....maybe. That said, the line between that record and the Hawks being a bubble NCAA team might be 5 points. Honestly, Maryland played pretty well last night, and if they continue to shoot the ball like that they will be a tough out for a number of teams.

Couple of things…
*Don’t assume that because you don’t understand the rotations that there is something wrong with them.
*I am really glad some of you bb geniuses don’t coach our team.
*Fran actually explained his thinking on rotations in the post game.
*The Ulis/Perkins duo is our best defensive combo. Fran has confidence in them.
*Connor wins a lot of games for us. Really sorry some of you cannot see this.
*Hawks won a tight game last night. Good play and good coaching decisions down the stretch got us the win. If you cannot see that then you are blind!

Couple of things…
*Don’t assume that because you don’t understand the rotations that there is something wrong with them.
*The Ulis/Perkins duo is our best defensive combo. Fran has confidence in them.
*Hawks won a tight game last night. Good play and good coaching decisions down the stretch got us the win. If you cannot see that then you are blind!
Please explain to me how connor wins a lot of games for us. I’m talking about this years team not 2 years ago. I’ll hang up and listen.

Please explain to me how connor wins a lot of games for us. I’m talking about this years team not 2 years ago. I’ll hang up and listen.
Sorry but you would not understand. You believe shooting is the only bb skill that matters. In a nutshell Connor directs the team and orchestrates the defense. If you can’t see that then you don’t understand. Sorry.

Sorry but you would not understand. You believe shooting is the only bb skill that matters. In a nutshell Connor directs the team and orchestrates the defense. If you can’t see that then you don’t understand. Sorry.

Some would argue that skill should be designated to someone on the floor with tangible skills or the coaches on the sideline. I am under the impression that what he does well doesn't make up for the things he lacks.

Some would argue that skill should be designated to someone on the floor with tangible skills or the coaches on the sideline. I am under the impression that what he does well doesn't make up for the things he lacks.
You are certainly entitled to that opinion.

Tell me how he directs the team playing off ball on offense? Who is a liability on that end where teams sag off and without Garza doesn’t have the luxury for high assist to T.O. Ration By feeding him consistently. He has zero confidence taking open shot unlike previous yrs and at end of shot clock. Last night more than once passed up shot under 10 and we took a tougher more
Contested shot. Or on D. For a team that mainly plays more man how does he direct them when not in zone? Man need collective group effort everyone talking for good man D. Besides that his man D is adequate at best. He struggled with big athletic wings and quick guards. Funny thing is credit for orchestrating our D and that is this teams biggest weakness besides rebounding where he’s been subpar on that and did a poor job on the backend of the zone last night finishing with 1 reb. I’ve played b-ball and you have a guy lot of time on backend barking out orders. But when that’s all you bring to the floor then that tells me you shouldn’t be playing much.

again said in another post 2 yrs ago fit well with short bench to play multiple spots. Or last year with 4 shooters I actually defended Fran starting him because he fit the role with that group. But with this team he’s not a good fit and don’t know how people defend him coming off the bench over perkins or kris. Plus it’s obvious he is a shell of himself from 2 yrs ago or even start of last year. Not sure if injuries or what but I’m sure fran apologist will beg to differ , and I like Fran, but if his last name was anything else he would be riding the bench as our 10-11th man.

Couple of things…

laugh-cant-hold-it-in.gif

At 21%, Connor has the 3rd worst FG% of any player in D1 basketball that is in a regular rotation. The only players worse are Max Rice at Boise State and Denham Wojcik at Harvard. Coincidentally or not, Max Rice's dad coaches Boise State. To say he is a bad shooter is an understatement. He is damn near the worst shooter in all D1.
you just don't understand basketball. Connor does things. amazing things, the best things.

Will they remain a Quad 3 for the rest of the year or is that just where they are right now? Serious question.
This game will most likely be a quad 3 win at the end of the year unless Maryland somehow improves to be better than the 76th best team in NET. Based upon their season so far, they're not going to do that.

Someone else doesn't understand because they think different than you? You are the final opinion on the discussion?

You love to support coaches don't you? You were a big Alford apologist if memory serves
Thanks. I try to support all the coaches who wear the black and gold. I don't remember apologizing for Alford but I did enjoy his 2 B1G tournament championship runs, as well as bringing in some great talent. I was kind of glad to see him go though, although my personal interactions with him were always positive. Not sure why this is relevant to you?

Someone else doesn't understand because they think different than you? You are the final opinion on the discussion?
No. All opinions are welcome. But I do think there are things some are not seeing or understanding.

Thanks. I try to support all the coaches who wear the black and gold. I don't remember apologizing for Alford but I did enjoy his 2 B1G tournament championship runs, as well as bringing in some great talent. I was kind of glad to see him go though, although my personal interactions with him were always positive. Not sure why this is relevant to you?
This paragraph tells me everything I need to know about you, Alford was an embarrassment to the University. You apologized for him to the bitter end

I thought Joe was particularly effective in transition because his strength -- quickness to the rim -- was amplified by Maryland's weakness of not stopping the ball on transition D. Joe made them pay for that.

What stood out even more to me was how he played the scouting report on D which you have to give the staff some credit for. When Wahab, the big guy put the ball on the floor towards the paint, Joe was there to dig it off the dribble causing Maryland turnovers at least twice that I remember.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Will they remain a Quad 3 for the rest of the year or is that just where they are right now? Serious question.
I have no idea but I think this Maryland team has a lot of upside. Manning has them playing looser and running the court more. Their transition defense was pretty poor and if Danny can shore that up they have the talent to be pretty good. But man, it is a tough league.

I thought Joe was particularly effective in transition because his strength -- quickness to the rim -- was amplified by Maryland's weakness of not stopping the ball on transition D. Joe made them pay for that.

What stood out even more to me was how he played the scouting report on D which you have to give the staff some credit for. When Wahab, the big guy put the ball on the floor towards the paint, Joe was there to dig it off the dribble causing Maryland turnovers at least twice that I remember. That was critical as Maryland went away from their strength inside with 4 missed distance shots in a row when Iowa built it's late lead and they couldn't recover from that.

This paragraph tells me everything I need to know about you, Alford was an embarrassment to the University. You apologized for him to the bitter end
If you don't have an argument then just repeat the same insult over and over. Maybe that will work.

Glad you are here to help us understand, you know it all, thanks for providing such insight
It is a discussion board. My opinion is no more valid than anyone else, including you. Don't feel bad about disagreeing. I just wish the Hawk Haters would stay away.

Credit Joe for staying highly engaged on the bench down the stretch. I would’ve been pissed

I’m not sure if Fran thinks that Ulis, Bohannon, Connor, Keegan, and Rebraca is the lineup that’s going to close out a game in the Big Ten Tournament or NCAAs/NIT game, but if he does, he better think again. If that’s the lineup he’s riding with then it’s going to be a quick finish in March
Connor and Rebraca are really horrible down the stretch, especially if Iowa has the lead as they are poor FT shooters.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
It is a discussion board. My opinion is no more valid than anyone else, including you. Don't feel bad about disagreeing. I just wish the Hawk Haters would stay away.
I hear you on Hawk haters needing to chill. That being said, Connor shouldn't be in the game over Kris, Toussaint, Perkins, Ulis and probably not Sandfort either. He's not a great defender and he adds nothing on the offensive side of the ball. It's ridiculous that he got more minutes than Joe last night. At best, he should be the 10th man off the bench.

I'm curious as well. What does he do so well to make up for all his other downfalls?

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
Good God, I admit I don't come over to the bball side of the board often but it's just like the football side. Swap out Fran for Kirk, Connor for SP, etc. etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT