ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold Pan Ams

I''m confused. The US doesn*'t send a team? Pay for those on the team? I[m referring to sending Gabe, not the other two who would of course use outside hellp
Go Gabe1
Don’t be confused. Just throw 100 bucks in the pot cheapskate

Thanks --a legit question goes unanswered with an insult thrown in. Cesspool for sure.

I believe that most of the age-level teams typically require atheletes to raise some(if not all) of the funds.

I know @smalls103 had paid a select Cadet's way to Worlds in years prior and it was a pretty big deal when it was announced that this year's Worlds was fully funded.

USA Wrestling website lists U20 Pan Ams as "partially funded".

Reactions: goldenanimal
You guys are awesome. Thank you all. To answer a question, the kids each have to pay $2,000 to USA Wrestling to be able to compete. I’ll keep you guys updated while there.
When did that happen? My son went to the Pan am games and he/we did not have to come up with a single penny. This was about 12 years ago.

Reactions: hlstone and el dub
you are a lucky man coach,enjoy yourselves, keep us updated
You know I will. I've always written a daily Blog when Gabe and I travel for wrestling internationally. I actually started them in 2016 in Rio with J'den. I'll probably continue to post them here:

That's our Journey to France for the International Cup in 2018

Why was the goal raised from $4,000 to $6,000 once the original goal was satisfied?

Doesn't really matter, does it? If you aren't interested in donating, then don't. He stated it was $2000 per wrestler. I believe they are also trying to help send dad and his coach as well and/or perhaps another family member.
That's exactly what the go fund me page says. Travel expenses to and from Chile for dad and a coach. Seems pretty straightforward.

Happens frequently
Yes, all too frequently. We had a BB player several years ago who lost a sibling and he setup a Go-Fund-Me account asking for $25K to help with funeral and relocation expenses. He raised the goal 6 times finally ending at $75K and never once explained why the goal was being raised. If expenses were underestimated with the original goal perhaps an explanation of the current goal should be given? It's a pet peeve of mine and not trying to cause trouble. JMHO

EDIT: I think the GoFundMe people should require an explanation.

you know the $2000 part kind of chaps my a$$. not all of these kids are fortunate enough to have hawkeye supporters to help out and some do not have great parents like coach and mrs. coach. i would think there is probably some kind of corporate sponser that should cover whatever expenses.i would hate that some poor kids don't persue these opportunities because of money.

you know the $2000 part kind of chaps my a$$. not all of these kids are fortunate enough to have hawkeye supporters to help out and some do not have great parents like coach and mrs. coach. i would think there is probably some kind of corporate sponser that should cover whatever expenses.i would hate that some poor kids don't persue these opportunities because of money.

They probably haven't thought of that or tried that and are just cold, heartless people out to screw over their own wrestlers.

Why was the goal raised from $4,000 to $6,000 once the original goal was satisfied?
I really have no clue why I'm answering this, but what the hell, right? I've always tried to live my life and be as transparent as possible so there are never any questions raised about my integrity or that of my family. A kind parent of Gabe's HS team (who manages the account) thought it would be nice to raise the amount to see if we could get enough raised for my wife to be able to go as well. For eight years she has always stayed at home when Gabe and I traveled abroad or out of the state because travel is expensive, and my pride doesn't allow he to look for support. My kid. My cost, right? Oddly, one of my HS teammates chastised me about this because he felt that it wasn't fair that he wasn't invited to be a part of Gabe's journey by supporting anyway he could. And since he is financially well off, he felt the best way he could help was by sharing the resources he has, and so he did. Because of the kindness of others, for the first time my wife will be making this incredible journey with us. To say she is excited is an understatement. When I told her she was going with, she actually cried, (and my wife isn't usually emotional like that, especially about wrestling stuff). I've stayed away from commenting in this forum for awhile because I've realized it's hard to be a part of a community when you are so deeply tied to the same. But when it comes to those things that directly are tied to my family, on a personal side, it's hard not to. Our family has developed a policy to not really comment on boards about family. We decided to do this when J'den beat Dake for his Olympic spot, then Taylor for his World team spot. We continued that policy when so many keyboard warriors blasted Gabe's decision to be a Hawkeye, then again when he was "washed up" after his junior year.

So yeah, I think that's it in a nutshell. I know, I know it's really not that glorious of a response, but hey, it's the truth. In two weeks my ENTIRE family will make our first trip TOGETHER with my son's high school coach to watch him compete internationally. We are so damn blessed to have so many people who believe in him and love him the way they do. There will always be those that don't, and question our actions and decisions. That's ok. I promise there is not a decision that is made that isn't thought through and prayed about. That's what my daddy expected out of me, an quite honestly, he's the only one I'm ever worried about pleasing. . . . #goHawks #itsjustwrestling

I really have no clue why I'm answering this, but what the hell, right? I've always tried to live my life and be as transparent as possible so there are never any questions raised about my integrity or that of my family. A kind parent of Gabe's HS team (who manages the account) thought it would be nice to raise the amount to see if we could get enough raised for my wife to be able to go as well. For eight years she has always stayed at home when Gabe and I traveled abroad or out of the state because travel is expensive, and my pride doesn't allow he to look for support. My kid. My cost, right? Oddly, one of my HS teammates chastised me about this because he felt that it wasn't fair that he wasn't invited to be a part of Gabe's journey by supporting anyway he could. And since he is financially well off, he felt the best way he could help was by sharing the resources he has, and so he did. Because of the kindness of others, for the first time my wife will be making this incredible journey with us. To say she is excited is an understatement. When I told her she was going with, she actually cried, (and my wife isn't usually emotional like that, especially about wrestling stuff). I've stayed away from commenting in this forum for awhile because I've realized it's hard to be a part of a community when you are so deeply tied to the same. But when it comes to those things that directly are tied to my family, on a personal side, it's hard not to. Our family has developed a policy to not really comment on boards about family. We decided to do this when J'den beat Dake for his Olympic spot, then Taylor for his World team spot. We continued that policy when so many keyboard warriors blasted Gabe's decision to be a Hawkeye, then again when he was "washed up" after his junior year.

So yeah, I think that's it in a nutshell. I know, I know it's really not that glorious of a response, but hey, it's the truth. In two weeks my ENTIRE family will make our first trip TOGETHER with my son's high school coach to watch him compete internationally. We are so damn blessed to have so many people who believe in him and love him the way they do. There will always be those that don't, and question our actions and decisions. That's ok. I promise there is not a decision that is made that isn't thought through and prayed about. That's what my daddy expected out of me, an quite honestly, he's the only one I'm ever worried about pleasing. . . . #goHawks #itsjustwrestling

Thanks for the response and the link to your blog... love the line about swedish "friends" LOL

Actually, it is a glorious response. I'll be adding to the account and I hope you have enough to spend a few extra days for some sight seeing and relaxation.

As if we needed another reason to be grateful and excited about the Arnold’s being members of the Hawkeye family. Give em hell in Chile Gabe!

The truth will work most every time, especially when it’s a truth as simple and warm hearted as that. Have fun, good luck, take pictures!

This is an absolutely incredible response and I love every word. Us Hawkeye fans are so very blessed to have you, your family and your son join our community.

Unfortunately, something must be addressed and you brought it, but rules are rules.
Will pictures of the wife be posted? After all you did mention her SEVERAL times.

Give em' hell Gabe!

Very glad to have y'all here and part of the Hawk family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT