ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold Pan Ams

You caught that! I was throwing it for real. I was gonna use “y’all folk”, but didn’t want to really highlight the fact that I’ve spent the past 20+ years in the Deep South. That would just be unbecoming of me…
And what a more appropriate movie to GIF from : )

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/13VSAbTVuYJfLa" width="480" height="372" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

And what a more appropriate movie to GIF from : )

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/13VSAbTVuYJfLa" width="480" height="372" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href=" ">via GIPHY</a></p>
“Certain” friends of mine were offended that I thought this movie was hilarious! But damn, few movies have I laughed harder at. I mean he was an actor, playing a character actor. It was brilliant.

Ok-other side now…. That’s f’d up why you gotta be throwing that out that. You think I’m supposed to find that ish funny?? That what you think? I’m supposed to giggle cuz your new black friend finds it comical??? That’s messed up. Who’s the damn moderator on this site? We need a five letter here.

There. Both sides have been thoughtfully and carefully addressed. Probably not politically correct; but this IS the cesspool.

“Certain” friends of mine were offended that I thought this movie was hilarious! But damn, few movies have I laughed harder at. I mean he was an actor, playing a character actor. It was brilliant.

Ok-other side now…. That’s f’d up why you gotta be throwing that out that. You think I’m supposed to find that ish funny?? That what you think? I’m supposed to giggle cuz your new black friend finds it comical??? That’s messed up. Who’s the damn moderator on this site? We need a five letter here.

There. Both sides have been thoughtfully and carefully addressed. Probably not politically correct; but this IS the cesspool.
Now, you just need to reply to yourself and the circle would be complete!

Reactions: el dub
This shit be crazy. Typically, I find myself rooting for a kid, then parents interject and spoils it. Never root against the kid, but truly tests my fandom when parents interject. His dad speaks, and makes me not just happy that I donated to the cause, but makes me want to run through a brick wall for him. So thrilled this family dons the black and gold.

Aww schucksy-darn. Well starting on the 4th I’ll be blogging daily about our adventures in Chile. I've been blogging our family wrestling trips since Rio with J'den. You are personally invited to following along the journey as well. If you're up to it, you can read our trips through France, Hungary and Croatia as well! Just don't be too critical of my writing. I'm very soft skinned. . . .

https://aocoachphil.wordpress.com/
Hey Coach, I've spent a lot of time in Santiago over the years. Do you know what area of Stgo the competition is in, and where you'll be staying? Here are a few of my recommendations in central Stgo, if you have time:

* Las Vacas Gordas restaurant (located at Cienfuegos 280)
* Domino' (a good place for hot dogs, it's laid out like old-style soda fountain places) - I challenge you to eat one of their completos (hot dogs) without spilling any toppings onto your plate! They have sooo many combinations of toppings. There are several locations in central Stgo. - google it. The frambuesa juice (raspberry) is tasty!
* Plaza de Armas - a central gathering place, a big cathedral is there, artists, open-air chess games, etc. (may have changed some, since I haven't been there in a long time).
* If you like Catholic churches, the Basilica de la Merced is two blocks from Plaza de Armas and is really beautiful inside, better than the cathedral.
* Cerro Santa Lucia - quaint, small hill with an old, small "castle" - at the top is a view of central Stgo.
* The Zoologico Nacional (National Zoo) is pretty good, and has a teleferico (tramway) nearby that's fun to ride.
* The "costanera" walkway and the adjacent Rio Mapocho is cool to check out and walk around.
* The subway system is very clean, modern, nice artwork on walls - good way to get around.

You're there for the wrestling, not tourism, but just wanted to list some things to see/do if you have time or any interest, before or after the competition. Wish I were there to cheer on Gabe!! I know he'll do well.

Hey Coach, I've spent a lot of time in Santiago over the years. Do you know what area of Stgo the competition is in, and where you'll be staying? Here are a few of my recommendations in central Stgo, if you have time:

* Las Vacas Gordas restaurant (located at Cienfuegos 280)
* Domino' (a good place for hot dogs, it's laid out like old-style soda fountain places) - I challenge you to eat one of their completos (hot dogs) without spilling any toppings onto your plate! They have sooo many combinations of toppings. There are several locations in central Stgo. - google it. The frambuesa juice (raspberry) is tasty!
* Plaza de Armas - a central gathering place, a big cathedral is there, artists, open-air chess games, etc. (may have changed some, since I haven't been there in a long time).
* If you like Catholic churches, the Basilica de la Merced is two blocks from Plaza de Armas and is really beautiful inside, better than the cathedral.
* Cerro Santa Lucia - quaint, small hill with an old, small "castle" - at the top is a view of central Stgo.
* The Zoologico Nacional (National Zoo) is pretty good, and has a teleferico (tramway) nearby that's fun to ride.
* The "costanera" walkway and the adjacent Rio Mapocho is cool to check out and walk around.
* The subway system is very clean, modern, nice artwork on walls - good way to get around.

You're there for the wrestling, not tourism, but just wanted to list some things to see/do if you have time or any interest, before or after the competition. Wish I were there to cheer on Gabe!! I know he'll do well.
Oh Wow! Thank you! We are staying at Hotel Diego de Almagro Providencia which is on San Pao X. Gabe doesn't wrestle until Saturday, so We'll have some free time for sure!! I've got to find something to keep the Mrs. busy.

Reactions: foxb and el dub
Oh Wow! Thank you! We are staying at Hotel Diego de Almagro Providencia which is on San Pao X. Gabe doesn't wrestle until Saturday, so We'll have some free time for sure!! I've got to find something to keep the Mrs. busy.
If there's anything in particular that the Mrs. is interested in, let me know and I can make further recommendations. Even though SHOPPING is in the DNA of all women, tell her that you're not travelling 6000 miles to go shopping at a mall! Btw, in many ways Chile is a mini-USA, they've patterned alot of things after the U.S., so there are plenty of modern shopping centers.

Edit: I just checked out where you're staying -- if you decide to do any of the things that I listed in my first post, the subway is near your hotel so just hop on the subway and take it to Santa Lucia or Moneda station - that's close to everything that I listed.

Last edited:
Best of luck to Gabe at the Pan-Ams, really enjoyed watching him at City High last season and looking forward to watching his Hawkeye career as well. Go Hawks!

Reactions: 504hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT