ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold

Starocci has stated from the very start that he's not wrestling again next year. Could he change his mind? I guess, but he's not ducking anyone by sticking exactly to what he said he would do. Gabe said Starocci is overrated and that he is coming after him this year and would win the 174 national title, so by ducking the match with the guy he specifically called out as overrated, he is going directly against what he said he was going to do. I love the moxie and confidence, but if you're going to put yourself out there like that, you should actually show up to cash the check your mouth wrote, you know?
Does anyone on here actually think GA comes within 8 of Cstar? I wouldnt call it moxie/confidence. Id call it more arrogant and ignorant. He could of showed up friday. It may of been his best shot at not getting majored based on Cstar gastank for whatever reason. I think GA will be a force at 74 because of talent but mostly because no weight clears out like this one next yr.

Id just prefer he becomes confident while humble and let his resume speak….kemmerer like!

Does anyone on here actually think GA comes within 8 of Cstar? I wouldnt call it moxie/confidence. Id call it more arrogant and ignorant. He could of showed up friday. It may of been his best shot at not getting majored based on Cstar gastank for whatever reason. I think GA will be a force at 74 because of talent but mostly because no weight clears out like this one next yr.

Id just prefer he becomes confident while humble and let his resume speak….kemmerer like!
Considering he just beat the Welch from Ohio State by a couple points last week it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Arnold to be within 8.

The fact that I got the parent of a wrestler in this sort of meltdown is endearing. LOL.
You must not know Phil at all . Not sure anything makes him mad. He's laughing about all of this. He finds trolls funny. Most parents who have successful wrestlers don't care what some random person says. You don't raise a kid like that being a pussy

No meltdown at all; I honestly was waiting for you to call so I could tell you exactly what was going on with him. You chose not to, which proves that you really were never interested in the truth, which is fine. You’re still welcome to call, I’m actually a very well mannered and nice guy. Who knows; you might even like me and want to be my friend, which I’m totally cool with. Just make it before 10pm cst. I’m old and need my rest.
They don't care that he was hurt and not available that doesn't fit the narrative

You must not know Phil at all . Not sure anything makes him mad. He's laughing about all of this. He finds trolls funny. Most parents who have successful wrestlers don't care what some random person says. You don't raise a kid like that being a pussy
If I had a son who was a successful wrestler I’d be damned if I would spend my time on a wrestling forum.

Reactions: Wawa Coffee
Considering he just beat the Welch from Ohio State by a couple points last week it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Arnold to be within 8.
Dont you think cstar would want to make a statement on this match. Hes one of the most dominant in history. Most times he looks like a terminator but every so often he seems to wrestle just hard enough to win. I dont think hed take that approach in a match that he was called out on SM.

How would we of felt a true fresh called out lee like this. Wed want lee to embarrass him and lee wouod have. This is what would of happened friday if GA showed up. Ill preface GA is going to be a beast but Cstar vs GA woupd of been a slaughter just because of the call out. Dude scores when he wants to. Like lee.

Dont you think cstar would want to make a statement on this match. Hes one of the most dominant in history. Most times he looks like a terminator but every so often he seems to wrestle just hard enough to win. I dont think hed take that approach in a match that he was called out on SM.

How would we of felt a true fresh called out lee like this. Wed want lee to embarrass him and lee wouod have. This is what would of happened friday if GA showed up. Ill preface GA is going to be a beast but Cstar vs GA woupd of been a slaughter just because of the call out. Dude scores when he wants to. Like lee.
You are absolutely wrong, Gabe is athletic and strong enough to hang with CStall. Maybe Gabe doesn’t win, but it would not be a slaughter no way.

I didn't see it the post, but several outlets including Pyles at Flo reported that he called out Star the Friday before the dual in addition to calling him out last year. CP reported that Gabe deleted his recent post a short time later. I'm assuming it's true and if so that's a punk move and no other way to put it.

The way Cstar faded in the second half of that match, Gabe absolutely makes that match close imo
Are you telling me you think somebody likes Sear and his capabilities that there is anything that would’ve stopped him from putting GA in his place after the comments he’s made.

Are you telling me you think somebody likes Sear and his capabilities that there is anything that would’ve stopped him from putting GA in his place after the comments he’s made.
Notice you disregarded my last post, wonder why?
Im fairly certain GA would weather the storm enough to keep it to a decision or maybe a major but not a complete slaughter. I think you overestimate Cstall this season and underestimate GA at 174

What woupd lee have done to an incoming freshman his senior yr that made comments. We kind of saw that play out against drake A. Remember…..”you got what you asked for”…SL
No offense to DA, but GA is is in a better place his true frosh year than Drake is currently, imo, let alone frosh Drake.

No offense to DA, but GA is is in a better place his true frosh year than Drake is currently, imo, let alone frosh Drake.
Id agree. Which was higher recruit out of HS? Just curious. Im guessing about same?

Reactions: el dub
What woupd lee have done to an incoming freshman his senior yr that made comments. We kind of saw that play out against drake A. Remember…..”you got what you asked for”…SL
Cstar isn't Lee. He doesn't put people on their backs at will. Cstars strength is his strength and Gabe is one of the stronger 174lbrs in the country right now so he wouldn't have been outhorsed by much. My guess would have been 7-3 ish

Reactions: el dub and Grip220
If he put out another big board Gabe would have certainly been higher. He had Rocco Welsh 3 or 4 and Gabe beat him after those rankings came out.
I’m answering the question of who was rated higher at the end of their HS career. What he would’ve ranked him after it came out is irrelevant

Last edited:
Gabe beat Rocco in April in Vegas. I don't believe new class rankings were updated after that
Not refuting that. A hypothetical of where he would’ve ranked him after the rankings came out doesn’t answer the question of who was ranked higher at the time of the final Big board.

Reactions: west2east
I’m answering the question of who was rated higher by the top recruiting website. What he would’ve ranked him after it came out is irrelevant
It absolutely matters. FLO had Gabe 12 until that win along with Gabe winning U20 Pan Ams after winning the US Team Trials. In fact, I think Smalls has even gone on record as saying he would have moved Gabe up considerably if he did another ranking....

Simply put, there is no way Ayala's body of work coming into Iowa was better than Gabe's. Especially #4 to #19....

It absolutely matters. FLO had Gabe 12 until that win along with Gabe winning U20 Pan Ams after winning the US Team Trials. In fact, I think Smalls has even gone on record as saying he would have moved Gabe up considerably if he did another ranking....

Simply put, there is no way Ayala's body of work coming into Iowa was better than Gabe's. Especially #4 to #19....
We’re going in circles. Have a good day.

We’re going in circles. Have a good day.
No circles, actually pretty much a straight line in the sand. You disagree with 1 ranking service, where I disagree with another. Meanwhile, I actually have facts and statistics to back mine up while you want to ignore them, because they don't help your case.

But, yes, please have a great day!

What Spencer actually said was, "He wanted it. He wanted that."
It's there at 1:58.to 2:00.

I think Gabe comes within 8 of Starroci. Your fear of an inevitable beat down with malice is…. interesting. Sounds more like UFC thang.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT