ADVERTISEMENT

Gas prices are tanking!

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrpppppppppppp...... as I said "wonder what the price tag on the refill is going to be". Selling higher than you bought it for, only to rebuild at even higher, is not a "genius move".
Uh, the prices are LOWER now.

Sell high, buy low.

This is dumb even by your rather simple standards.

We buying now?
Yes

The Department of Energy announced it's beginning a buyback process with a call for bids to repurchase 60 million barrels of oil, or one-third of the 180 million emergency barrels released as Russian President Vladimir Putin wages war on Ukraine. Gas prices were already high before Putin's war, which sent prices at the pump hurtling upward even more.

The call for bids from companies will take place in fall 2022, and is intended to bolster the nation's reserves for future years. Mr. Biden announced earlier this year the U.S. would release 1 million barrels a day from the reserve to help alleviate gas prices.

"The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the largest emergency supply in the world, is a valuable tool to protect the American economy and consumers from supply disruptions — whether caused by emergencies at home or petrol-dictators weaponizing access to energy resources," Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm said in a statement. "As we are thoughtful and methodical in the decision to drawdown from our emergency reserve, we must be similarly strategic in replenishing the supply so that it stands ready to deliver on its mission to provide relief when needed most."

Yes

The Department of Energy announced it's beginning a buyback process with a call for bids to repurchase 60 million barrels of oil, or one-third of the 180 million emergency barrels released as Russian President Vladimir Putin wages war on Ukraine. Gas prices were already high before Putin's war, which sent prices at the pump hurtling upward even more.

The call for bids from companies will take place in fall 2022, and is intended to bolster the nation's reserves for future years. Mr. Biden announced earlier this year the U.S. would release 1 million barrels a day from the reserve to help alleviate gas prices.

"The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the largest emergency supply in the world, is a valuable tool to protect the American economy and consumers from supply disruptions — whether caused by emergencies at home or petrol-dictators weaponizing access to energy resources," Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm said in a statement. "As we are thoughtful and methodical in the decision to drawdown from our emergency reserve, we must be similarly strategic in replenishing the supply so that it stands ready to deliver on its mission to provide relief when needed most."

That's from May and says we are interested in getting some bids bro.

Honest question, are we actually buying and refilling or are we kicking tires?

*Here is a recent one that says we have approval to purchase when we are able to do so under 72 dollars a barrel. Great in theory, but we ain't actually buying shit.

That's from May and says we are interested in getting some bids bro.

Honest question, are we actually buying and refilling or are we kicking tires?
It says the bids are being called for in the fall of 2022.

Guess what time it is?

Do you not know that the government bidding process is slow?

But yeah, it appears things are moving forward apace:

It says the bids are being called for in the fall of 2022.

Guess what time it is?

Do you not know that the government bidding process is slow?
I found another one from today. Biden has released it so that they can buy when oil is less than 72. We shall see.

Also, we have 4 seasons in the Midwest. December 12 is dead nuts "winter" not "fall", surprised you didn't know that.

I found another one from today. Biden has released it so that they can buy when oil is less than 72. We shall see.

Also, we have 4 seasons in the Midwest. December 12 is dead nuts "winter" not "fall", surprised you didn't know that.
Nope.

First day of winter is Dec. 21.

Do you not get tired of always being wrong?

Nope.

First day of winter is Dec. 21.

Do you not get tired of always being wrong?
Hahahaha... good one, i dont care how farinto the night capricorn wants to take it in the solstice. Leaves are off, multiple nights of heavy frost and snow, migratory birds headed south, its winter. Astrology is for queefs. Talks cheap, time to start buying boys! Time to see what happens to those prices when we start buying. Get it done.

Hahahaha... good one, i dont care how farinto the night capricorn wants to take it in the solstice. Leaves are off, multiple nights of heavy frost and snow, migratory birds headed south, its winter. Astrology is for queefs. Talks cheap, time to start buying boys! Time to see what happens to those prices when we start buying. Get it done.
Well when you are setting up government contracting, you actually use the meteorological definitions when referring to seasons. Not how some hillbilly feels. Sorry.

Dude, you're getting your stupid ass handed to you and apparently don't even realize it.

Keep going.

Things are going so badly for the MAGAts right now that, they themselves, are removing the Biden "I did this" decals from Merica's gas pumps.

Dude, you're getting your stupid ass handed to you and apparently don't even realize it.

Keep going.

Things are going so badly for the MAGAts right now that, they themselves, are removing the Biden "I did this" decals from Merica's gas pumps.

Did I miss the thing where " you are getting your ass handed to you" became in vogue?

Where is me getting my ass handed happening dipshit? When I provided the link that says we are taking bids and have agreed to a buy price but still aren't buying shit? Or is your dick actually so small you think torbee and I going back and forth about the ****ing winter solstice is actually something.

Change your ****ing pants ya puss.

BTW, you are full of shit about the sticker thing. Finding someone on the I telnet does not mean that is what is happening in masses.

What IS actually happening RIGHT NOW is our reserves are being run lower and lower.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Did I miss the thing where " you are getting your ass handed to you" became in vogue?

Where is me getting my ass handed happening dipshit? When I provided the link that says we are taking bids and have agreed to a buy price but still aren't buying shit? Or is your dick actually so small you think torbee and I going back and forth about the ****ing winter solstice is actually something.

BTW, you are full of shit about the sticker thing. Finding someone on the I telnet does not mean that is what is happening in masses.

What IS actually happening RIGHT NOW is our reserves are being run lower and lower.
The problem lies with your lack of understanding of how things work, yet acting like you do.

You start off saying the administration is not buying back oil cheaper to refill the strategic oil reserve.

Then when shown that, actually, the administration started that process in May by sending out an RFP because setting up contracts is a multi-month process, you then say you aren't "sure" they are going to follow through with it.

Then you are shown a link to an ACTUAL RFP on the Federal Register (the clearinghouse for actionable governmental contracting) posted on Oct. 25, 2022 that specifically seeks sellers for filling the reserve, you then pivot to "well there isn't actually oil on ships going into the reserves right now."

All you are doing is demonstrating your ignorance. The "federal government" can't pick up a phone and be like "we need 80 million barrels of oil, stat! - please start pumping today!"

The answer is the Biden administration is and has been ACTIVELY working on replacing US strategic oil reserves now that the price is declining and trying to do it ASAP.

I understand it can be frustrating to be proved wrong (just ask Hawkedoff in another long thread on this page) but some of you guys really might want to do a simple Google search or two before shooting off your mouths.

That national oil reserve isn't even close to being a problem.

You just never stop bitching, do ya?

You will make a great old man someday.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and MitchLL
The problem lies with your lack of understanding of how things work, yet acting like you do.

You start off saying the administration is not buying back oil cheaper to refill the strategic oil reserve.

My start was this "Wonder what the price tag on the refill of our reserves is going to be. yeesh""
Then when shown that, actually, the administration started that process in May by sending out an RFP because setting up contracts is a multi-month process, you then say you aren't "sure" they are going to follow through with it.

I didn't say I wasn't sure. I said they haven't done any of the do-ing shit. They have, as you have pointed out, done the talking shit. Then I said let's get it done.

Then you are shown a link to an ACTUAL RFP on the Federal Register (the clearinghouse for actionable governmental contracting) posted on Oct. 25, 2022 that specifically seeks sellers for filling the reserve, you then pivot to "well there isn't actually oil on ships going into the reserves right now."
You of all people should have more respect for quotation marks than that. I said "get it done".

All you are doing is demonstrating your ignorance. The "federal government" can't pick up a phone and be like "we need 80 million barrels of oil, stat! - please start pumping today!"
Sure they can, they have a phone don't they? I believe what you mean to say is, even if they make that call, there is more to it than just the call.

The answer is the Biden administration is and has been ACTIVELY working on replacing US strategic oil reserves now that the price is declining and trying to do it ASAP.
They have said they are in the market to buy.

I understand it can be frustrating to be proved wrong (just ask Hawkedoff in another long thread on this page) but some of you guys really might want to do a simple Google search or two before shooting off your mouths.
Torbs, take a ****ing chill pill.

My start was this "Wonder what the price tag on the refill of our reserves is going to be. yeesh""

I didn't say I wasn't sure. I said they haven't done any of the do-ing shit. They have, as you have pointed out, done the talking shit. Then I said let's get it done.

You of all people should have more respect for quotation marks than that. I said "get it done".

Sure they can, they have a phone don't they? I believe what you mean to say is, even if they make that call, there is more to it than just the call.

They have said they are in the market to buy.

Torbs, take a ****ing chill pill.
No, they haven’t “said they are in a market to buy.”

They have an active RfP out seeking contracts.

By any normal person’s logic that means yes, they are buying oil to refill strategic reserves. They “said” they’d do it in fall last May and started the process in the fall with the RFP on the federal exchange opening on Oct. 22.

And, as always, I remain as chill as the other side of the pillow.

No, they haven’t “said they are in a market to buy.”

They have an active RfP out seeking contracts.

By any normal person’s logic that means yes, they are buying oil to refill strategic reserves. They “said” they’d do it in fall last May and started the process in the fall with the RFP on the federal exchange opening on Oct. 22.

And, as always, I remain as chill as the other side of the pillow.
I live in the world of sales. They are talking until they are buying and that's fine. They set prices, strike when you can.

****'n chill as that my pillow guy bruh.

I filled my truck up for $2.81/gallon in Cedar Falls on Saturday. Makes me reeeeeeal happy.

JFC you're a god damned idiot. Wow.

Take the rubber glove out of your ass.

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT