ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Gavin Holmes decommits from Iowa

But, as a grown man, going out of your way to read and judge the tweets of a 17 year old recruit isn't, correct?

Some of you twitter people creep me the hell out. Especially some of the Nebraska ones.
If you don't have a twitter account, don't know what it is, or how it works, perhaps it's time to sit this one out. Many people, maybe most, do it for articles of some sort. Those tweeting recruits are creeps, no arguing that. I haven't, nor will I ever do that. Eno is the only recruit I ever followed because of his de-commitment. If you put something out on twitter, prepare to be judged. It's the way it is. Eno is a twitter queen, sorry for judging, your holiness.

Reactions: cecilB
If you don't have a twitter account, don't know what it is, or how it works, perhaps it's time to sit this one out. Many people, maybe most, do it for articles of some sort. Those tweeting recruits are creeps, no arguing that. I haven't, nor will I ever do that. Eno is the only recruit I ever followed because of his de-commitment. If you put something out on twitter, prepare to be judged. It's the way it is. Eno is a twitter queen, sorry for judging, your holiness.
Oh, I'm well versed on the twitter machine and feel very comfortable saying that an adult college football fan following a 17 year old recruit is creepy. Have fun though.

Reactions: cecilB
Oh, I'm well versed on the twitter machine and feel very comfortable saying that an adult college football fan following a 17 year old recruit is creepy. Have fun though.
Your inability to read is only trumped by your inability to know what's actually going on around you. Stay true to the 80's. I will continue to have a twitter account, as you continue to sit here, label, and have no idea what's going on. It's working out well for you.

Did you miss the "Top 50" part - DB?

You said (and I quote) "So here are the WR's left that haven't "committed" to any schools... but has an Iowa offer " and added parenthetically that the majority of the top 50 don't have an offer from Iowa. But the first part clearly is talking about the # fo WR's left that are not committed to any school but have an Iowa offer. I provided an easy example of one that isn't committed to a school and has an Iowa offer.

So here are the WR's left that haven't "committed" to any schools... but has an Iowa offer (and the majority of the top 50 don't have an Iowa offer):

Yep - ZERO

Why do our coaches get it both ways and screw the recruit? we will never sniff a championship (national) with that mindset.
What!? Recruits get it both ways too. What don't you understand? He committed to Duke and continued to listen for better offers. Once he got a better offer he broke his word and took the Iowa off. Now he's doing the same to Iowa. Just like gold diggers. Marry, divorce, re-marry for more money.

The one thing I don't agree with is how Holmes handled the situation. There is no need to call the coaches out publicly. I imagine him and Eno thought it would be payback of some kind but it just comes off as immature and i am sure other coaches who see that think the same thing. And then to put it out there as God's plan. Pretty sure the God you believe in wouldn't want you acting that way to people who gave you an opportunity to play football in exchange for a free education at a Big Ten university.

The main problem I have with this situation is that it just shows how outdated Kirk is in recruiting and how little emphasis he puts on it.

There is a great opportunity for early playing time for some WR'S wise enough to see that opportunity instead of playing childish games.

These kids today are always talking about wanting to play early. Hello.....Iowa is exhibit A.

Also kudos to the dumbass fans on this site who have spent the last few months practically coming up with every reason a player shouldn't come to Iowa. And then when they don't, you blame the coaches.

Look in the mirror dumbasses.

I dont blame the kid for wanting to play in another offense. Not one bit. But....

this no visit thing is being blown out of proportion, IMO. The kids are told this when they commit. Its not a suprise. Also, there are many, many schools that have the same policy. I just dont get the outrage over it. If you think its a bullshit policy dont commit. If you are smart enough to identify the hypocrisy of the policy then you understand the policy.

Last edited:
There is a great opportunity for early playing time for some WR'S wise enough to see that opportunity instead of playing childish games.

These kids today are always talking about wanting to play early. Hello.....Iowa is exhibit A.

Also kudos to the dumbass fans on this site who have spent the last few months practically coming up with every reason a player shouldn't come to Iowa. And then when they don't, you blame the coaches.

Look in the mirror dumbasses.

Nobody has ever downplayed the university, the town, the program.

Past that, I'd buy into a "fanbase sabotage" narrative if you were talking about players that don't know what football looks like, or don't understand the game, but I'm pretty sure they can all figure out what Iowa offers on the field (beyond a Tevahn Smith highlight) for themselves--the good and bad.

Play the way exciting players want to play, or find another way to win. There is a choice. This is the row hoed.

Nobody has ever downplayed the university, the town, the program.

Past that, I'd buy into a "fanbase sabotage" narrative if you were talking about players that don't know what football looks like, or don't understand the game, but I'm pretty sure they can all figure out what Iowa offers on the field (beyond a Tevahn Smith highlight) for themselves--the good and bad.

Play the way exciting players want to play, or find another way to win. There is a choice. This is the row hoed.

I just don't think playing WR in a Pro-style Offense that typically has a decent running game and Line play is the worst situation a WR could find themselves in.

I don't see a ton of QB'S or WR'S making it in the NFL from the gimmicky offenses out there. You are going to be expected to block in the NFL.

A talented WR has the opportunity to come here and play early. Make the coaches want to pass it around more. I still say some are missing a golden opportunity.

Before Desmond King, many on here would have said why would a player want to play CB for the Hawks. That seemed to work out ok for Desmond.

I just don't think playing WR in a Pro-style Offense that typically has a decent running game and Line play is the worst situation a WR could find themselves in.

I don't see a ton of QB'S or WR'S making it in the NFL from the gimmicky offenses out there. You are going to be expected to block in the NFL.

A talented WR has the opportunity to come here and play early. Make the coaches want to pass it around more. I still say some are missing a golden opportunity.

Before Desmond King, many on here would have said why would a player want to play CB for the Hawks. That seemed to work out ok for Desmond.
Agree with everything but last part. Iowa has had plenty of CB make the NFL.

But you feel comfortable going to a website dedicated to said 17 year olds and posting on the forums...?

I'm not sure I understand this argument. It's very contradictory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT