ADVERTISEMENT

Gender Warz—-boxing edition

In March 2023, Khelif was disqualified for failing to meet eligibility criteria shortly before her gold medal bout at the 2023 IBA Women's World Boxing Championships. The Algerian Olympic Committee said Khelif was disqualified for medical reasons. It later emerged that the disqualification was due to high levels of testosterone.[6][7] International Boxing Association president Umar Kremlev claimed that the DNA test results of Khelif and other athletes "proved they had XY chromosomes".[8] Khelif made an appeal before the Court of Arbitration for Sport but later withdrew it,[2] making the IBA decision legally binding.[9] In 2024, the IBA said that Khelif and others "did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognised test, whereby the specifics remain confidential".[2]

In January 2024, Khelif became a UNICEF national ambassador.[10][2]

The International Olympic Committee (IOC), using different rules, cleared Khelif to compete in the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, confirming that she complied with all necessary eligibility and medical regulations for the event,[7][11] without detailing what these eligibility rules were.[9] The IOC noted that Khelif was a woman according to her passport and that this was not a "transgender issue".
[9]

Harris title 9 rewrite goes into effect today as well. Be prepared for alot more of this in the name of dem inclusivity. Despicable as the border and Kammie owns them both.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Anyone who watches boxing knows that even a few pounds is an advantage between 2 elite male athletes. This should be a crime and investigated.

Reactions: Hawkman34
I would say most Dems agree with this sentiment but there are those loud few that over shadow the common sense on the left.

To be fair though I think the loud ones cause our politicians to refuse to act in this regard. The idea that we just let the individual sports set their own standards is nice in theory but it clearly appears to not be working. I feel like a lot of women's sports which get lower levels of attention may be cynically allowing this to happen in order to invite the controversy to get attention on their sport.

No one gave a shit about women's college swimming til Leah Thomas started competing.

The problem of course is that their cynical attempts to get attention rob hardworking young women and girls of being able to celebrate a win they would have otherwise deserved.

So I'm with the right here. The states at the very least need to regulate this out of high school sports and possibly anything that can be done with college sports. College sports will be harder because if different states have different rules who's rules do you play by? And pro-sports there is probably very little you can do.

Boxing can be a brutal sport. It was never intended to match
women against men. Common sense should prevail. This is
something that the Olympics failed to recognize. I hope there
will be a re-examination of their policy on this matter.

It's especially worrying in a sport like boxing where someone can be seriously injured.

In swimming the woman just loses bad. Even in basketball you could put an NBA player up against a WNBA player and she'd get destroyed but probably wouldn't be seriously injured as a result.

Combat sports and collision sports this is really freaking dangerous. Especially at the highest levels.

I'm curious what % of our society believes trans folks belong in women's sports? It has to be less than 5%

I'd estimate about 20 to 25% actually. I don't have any polls or anything, that's just my guess.

5% just seems too low. There is too many people who get upset if you suggest that a trans woman isn't exactly fully a woman. A lot of people suddenly hate JK Rowling because she said basically that. And it's not like Rowling is known for a lot of conservative views.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
These two boxers are not trans. They have always been women. Sounds like they might have XY chromosomes, but female genital's which I guess is way more common than you think and most men or women with this do not even know or do not fin out until later in life. And, the Tunisian fighter was in a prior Olympics so they have boxed before.

I'd estimate about 20 to 25% actually. I don't have any polls or anything, that's just my guess.

5% just seems too low. There is too many people who get upset if you suggest that a trans woman isn't exactly fully a woman. A lot of people suddenly hate JK Rowling because she said basically that. And it's not like Rowling is known for a lot of conservative views.

I lean left, as do most of the people I spend time with, and I've never spoken to a single person on this subject that believes former men should be in women's athletics.

I'm not saying there aren't people out there that are not in favor of it, but I don't hear a loud voice in favor for it.

I lean left, as do most of the people I spend time with, and I've never spoken to a single person on this subject that believes former men should be in women's athletics.

I'm not saying there aren't people out there that are not in favor of it, but I don't hear a loud voice in favor for it.

I had a friend in high school and college (we went to the same HS and college and we roomed together for a year in college) who has turned into based on his FB posts a far leftist. Some of his posts have attacked Rowling and others for "transphobia". I won't discuss it with him but I feel about 98% sure he fully supports it.

His wife came out as "non-binary" as well. I'm not entirely sure what pro-nouns his wife now prefers. As far as I can tell she hasn't changed her physical appearance or anything.

I wouldn't take him off my FB for his views on the issue but I'm like 80% sure he'd remove me if I made my views clear. Because he probably views himself as being intolerant of transphobic views.

Weird thing because he never seemed to have strong political views when he was in college. He was nominally a libertarian at the time, I think mostly because he wanted to legally smoke weed. Which is odd because he never illegally smoked it as far as I can tell. Like I roomed with him for a year and he was never high or had any weed or talked about smoking it. To be fair I would never try it if it was illegal, but I'm willing to try it in a state where it's legal if my wife and I can ever do it and get away from the kids.

He no longer supports the libertarian party and is full on leftist.

These two boxers are not trans. They have always been women. Sounds like they might have XY chromosomes, but female genital's which I guess is way more common than you think and most men or women with this do not even know or do not fin out until later in life. And, the Tunisian fighter was in a prior Olympics so they have boxed before.
Thank you for actually reading articles about this and not automatically jump to the conclusion that she was a man her entire life and just transitioned recently to beat the shit out of women to win a gold medal.

BTW she has a 36-9 record with 4 KO so it's not like she's knocking people out left and right on her way to the gold medal

Thank you for actually reading articles about this and not automatically jump to the conclusion that she was a man her entire life and just transitioned recently to beat the shit out of women to win a gold medal.

BTW she has a 36-9 record with 4 KO so it's not like she's knocking people out left and right on her way to the gold medal

I'll take the shame.

100% didn't read into this and now feel a bit foolish. A good reminder to not fall for click bait headlines without reading deeper.

Remember though, hardly any trans athletes are doing this. And there’s no reason to think more might be competing against girls/women in the future. Therefore, it doesn’t matter! It’s ok that it’s going on.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's illegal to be trans in Algeria. This isn't a transgender issue, although there will be some folks that will absolutely attempt to make it one.

Weird scenario though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's illegal to be trans in Algeria. This isn't a transgender issue, although there will be some folks that will absolutely attempt to make it one.

Weird scenario though.
Au contrar mon frar ( don't care not French)

THIS is the exact situation that SHOULD have us talking about these issues because this is 100% authentic and has a medical standing. People who THINK they are the other sex are who has fuxked it for this person.

Remember though, hardly any trans athletes are doing this. And there’s no reason to think more might be competing against girls/women in the future. Therefore, it doesn’t matter! It’s ok that it’s going on.
Show me one example!!!!

You guys pandered to stupidity and now what should be a legitimate, serious, conversation will never happen.

Weird scenario though.
This makes it tough, genetically male, but was there or are there undecided testicles? Any extra testosterone

The women as a group should have refused to even get in the damn ring with the men.
Goldmom, you have always protected womans rights. You do know this is a woman. Born with all female Genitalia. I thought you are one to defend woman, why are you not standing up for this one?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
This makes it tough, genetically male, but was there or are there undecided testicles? Any extra testosterone

Au contrar mon frar ( don't care not French)

THIS is the exact situation that SHOULD have us talking about these issues because this is 100% authentic and has a medical standing. People who THINK they are the other sex are who has fuxked it for this person.
Actually, I think those who hate people who are trans, gay, etc are the ones who stoke this stuff. Just let them be... you don't have to like it or understand just let them be. Instead, people hate and constantly badger them and crap so these things happen. Just live your life and treat people well and that should come back to you.

Actually, I think those who hate people who are trans, gay, etc are the ones who stoke this stuff. Just let them be... you don't have to like it or understand just let them be. Instead, people hate and constantly badger them and crap so these things happen. Just live your life and treat people well and that should come back to you.
Letting them be is fine, but not in sports, if it’s an unfair advantage.

Reactions: Hans81 and goldmom
In March 2023, Khelif was disqualified for failing to meet eligibility criteria shortly before her gold medal bout at the 2023 IBA Women's World Boxing Championships. The Algerian Olympic Committee said Khelif was disqualified for medical reasons. It later emerged that the disqualification was due to high levels of testosterone.[6][7] International Boxing Association president Umar Kremlev claimed that the DNA test results of Khelif and other athletes "proved they had XY chromosomes".[8] Khelif made an appeal before the Court of Arbitration for Sport but later withdrew it,[2] making the IBA decision legally binding.[9] In 2024, the IBA said that Khelif and others "did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognised test, whereby the specifics remain confidential".[2]

In January 2024, Khelif became a UNICEF national ambassador.[10][2]

The International Olympic Committee (IOC), using different rules, cleared Khelif to compete in the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, confirming that she complied with all necessary eligibility and medical regulations for the event,[7][11] without detailing what these eligibility rules were.[9] The IOC noted that Khelif was a woman according to her passport and that this was not a "transgender issue".
[9]
The IOC is stupid.

Reactions: goldmom
Letting them be is fine, but not in sports, if it’s an unfair advantage.
Except she was born and raised a woman. She's never been a guy. She has some chromosomes normally found in males, but what does that even mean? How many athletes have had this over the years and nobody knew. I recall people saying Flo Jo was a dude. Heard similar things about Serena Williams. It wasn't long ago you same people were saying "the definition of a woman is being born with a vagina." Now, it appears that isn't always the case, huh?

Except she was born and raised a woman. She's never been a guy. She has some chromosomes normally found in males, but what does that even mean? How many athletes have had this over the years and nobody knew. I recall people saying Flo Jo was a dude. Heard similar things about Serena Williams. It wasn't long ago you same people were saying "the definition of a woman is being born with a vagina." Now, it appears that isn't always the case, huh?
Apparently she had the testosterone levels of a man too

Reactions: Scruddy and goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT