ADVERTISEMENT

Gilman to Okie state

Wow - diversity among coaching staff instead of hiring all alumni. Good concept. Hmm…
Kind of, bringing his brother-in-law with him from psu and Gilman from the nlwc.
He only brought guys with him from the same program he is from. Makes sense though.

Kind of, bringing his brother-in-law with him from psu and Gilman from the nlwc.
He only brought guys with him from the same program he is from. Makes sense though.
I think the point he's making is Gilman from Iowa and Kennedy from Illinois. Both highly credentialed in NCAA, on the senior circuit and come from different places.

Even the great Gordon Gekko started at the bottom.
He’ll have to take some lumps and decide if he wants to stick with it. He is in a good starting spot, but he’s not on a Harvard MBA fast track. I chuckle when people assume that every person on Wall Street is destined for 7-8 figures. Plenty of folks like me that do okay, but have wives that are the bread winners.

He’ll have to take some lumps and decide if he wants to stick with it. He is in a good starting spot, but he’s not on a Harvard MBA fast track. I chuckle when people assume that every person on Wall Street is destined for 7-8 figures. Plenty of folks like me that do okay, but have wives that are the bread winners.
So you’re a kept man? :)

Reactions: Libertylover
We’re gonna need pictures of these wives.

Plenty of folks like me that do okay, but have wives that are the bread winners.
I've been the bread winner for 15 years until this year. The wife got a Grade A promotion with bonuses coming in steady. Now I just butter her bread. And I'm completely fine with it. 😄

It's refreshing actually. Cheers to the men out there with badass hard working wives! Teamwork makes the dreamwork

Wow - diversity among coaching staff instead of hiring all alumni. Good concept. Hmm…
Gilman made a good impression on DT while at NLWC. RBY also praised him, so Gilman may be cut out for this. Davis, Bartlett, and Lee also have done well- wonder if Gilman was a decent factor.

So the first hire for DT is a Hawkeye. Hmmmmm
HMMM what? DT obviously liked what he saw at the NLWC and wanted him on his staff. I doubt DT cared where he came from or the style he wrestled. Most likely how he interreacted with younger wrestlers and his mentoring ability.

Reactions: vhsalum
I've been the bread winner for 15 years until this year. The wife got a Grade A promotion with bonuses coming in steady. Now I just butter her bread. And I'm completely fine with it. 😄

It's refreshing actually. Cheers to the men out there with badass hard working wives! Teamwork makes the dreamwork
My wife worked a job that was commission based for a while and then took a job that was salaried. Some years she made a lot more than me. Some years she made less than me and some years she made about the same as me. I greatly prefer the years she made a lot more than me. I never could figure out who the fema - nazis were talking about when they said a man was threatened by a woman who made more than him.
Pics to follow. :)

PSU lost a NLWC 57 kg wrestler and their 149-157 coach. So who is their replacements?
Zain-he has a great job which allowed him to go through this olympic cycle, he praised them in an interview-NO.
Coleman Scott-would he take a demotion to go to PSU even in the short term? probably not.
Cenzo-at ASU plus already left. NO.
Mark Hall-great choice. would he leave Penn? Maybe.
Nolf-great choice if he is done competing. Maybe.
Nick Lee-great choice if he is done competing. Maybe.
Kemerer-return to PA? He and Nolf had respect for each other. Maybe
No end of great choices. Don't think the decision will be based on Jax recruitment. Jax has ties to Coleman, Fix, Taylor but from PA. Toss up for him. Seems like Jax and Bo may not be a package deal either.

Reactions: Hawkgma
PSU lost a NLWC 57 kg wrestler and their 149-157 coach. So who is their replacements?
Zain-he has a great job which allowed him to go through this olympic cycle, he praised them in an interview-NO.
Coleman Scott-would he take a demotion to go to PSU even in the short term? probably not.
Cenzo-at ASU plus already left. NO.
Mark Hall-great choice. would he leave Penn? Maybe.
Nolf-great choice if he is done competing. Maybe.
Nick Lee-great choice if he is done competing. Maybe.
Kemerer-return to PA? He and Nolf had respect for each other. Maybe
No end of great choices. Don't think the decision will be based on Jax recruitment. Jax has ties to Coleman, Fix, Taylor but from PA. Toss up for him. Seems like Jax and Bo may not be a package deal either.
Hall recently applied to Oklahoma as their director of operations, so he is up for leaving Penn.

But aren't both of them on the USAW Nat'l team and currently #2 on the ladder in an OLY year? Curious to see how this plays out, but Spencer Lee is always a question from a health standpoint, and you've got this Brooks Adderall issue ongoing.
I’m sure they can spare alittle time to go to the Olympics

Reactions: AFHawk86
My wife worked a job that was commission based for a while and then took a job that was salaried. Some years she made a lot more than me. Some years she made less than me and some years she made about the same as me. I greatly prefer the years she made a lot more than me. I never could figure out who the fema - nazis were talking about when they said a man was threatened by a woman who made more than him.
Pics to follow. :)

I never understood it either. My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and we both worked hard to get her there. She started off wiping butts as a CNA and worked her way up as an RN to BSN to a Masters in family and critical care. Her job is more important than anything I’ve ever done professionally.

I think it’s great if you have kids and Dad makes enough $$ for Mom to stay home with them. But that’s very rare these days.

Bringing in Kennedy as Associate HC is super super smart.

These 3 are going to build a powerhouse instantly.

They'll overtake us in year 2 and challenge PSU in year 3. This is going to move very quickly.

In what shape are OK State's:

* Facilities
* NIL funding

With NIL, pretty much anything goes. What used to be recruiting violations is no more. Pay to play/wrestle is alive & well; all an athlete has to do is tweet out support of a business once a month and in return he/she is paid very well. Who is gonna outbid Penn State for the top talent?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT