ADVERTISEMENT

****Gonzaga vs Iowa Game Thread****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
The day is finally here. We are all excited to see where this team ranks with the blue bloods.

Get pumped boyz

fce233e2746737fe82d0eaa186f97bab.gif

A longtime IU fan here. Today is the first time in my life that I'll record an Iowa game that doesn't involve my Hoosiers (IU and Butler play at the same time). Go Hawks, I hope that you put a beatdown on the Zags today.
Appreciate the sentiment. I'll settle for a 1 point win! :)

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I'm very interested to see this Iowa team's energy level on the defensive end. If they think this is another game where they can just outscore their opponent, they will lose by double-digits.

Reactions: intrepodor
Im feeling confident going into this game... Always dangerous territory as a hawkeye fan

I’m confident about this one. I have the right to change this feeling after the first 5 minutes, but that’s where I am right now.

Iowa really needed to beat either UNC or Gonzaga so that the best non con win wouldn't be Iowa St. Now that we've beaten UNC, I'm not so nervous. This game is gravy.

The combination of experience, talent, heart, and depth that Iowa brings to this, and every matchup, exceeds that of this and every other opponent. We know that doesn't guarantee an undefeated season because the best team doesn't always win, but no Hawkeye fan should be afraid of Gonzaga or anyone else. Every Hawkeye fan should have a quiet confidence. Should Iowa fall behind, don't worry. Be happy. Because the Hawkeyes know how to come back. And should Iowa take a big lead, the game isn't over. But the Hawkeyes know that, so relax and enjoy. This is the real beginning of a season fans wait a lifetime to see.

From Bucky O'Connor and Carl Cain and Bill Logan to Ralph Miller and John Johnson and Freddie Brown to Lute Olson and Ronnie Lester and Vince Brookins to Dr. Tom Davis and BJ Armstrong and Roy Marble to Fran and Aaron White and Jarod Uthoff, we have reached this moment. Now Luka Garza, JoBo & Company are ready to join the ranks of the greatest Hawkeye teams ever. It begins today. The Hawkeyes win.

Reactions: slapchop
We need to hit 50% from 3 or better to win this one. The Zags will make it miserable for Luka down low today.

Well this is it. If we are ever going to win a NC its this year. And beating the Zaps propels us to the #1 spot (or maybe #2)

We need to hit 50% from 3 or better to win this one. The Zags will make it miserable for Luka down low today.

Honestly, I think that would be a mistake for Gonzaga. If Garza is doing all the scoring, that means Iowa's shooters aren't involved. Iowa is most dangerous when Garza goes for a pedestrian 20 and CJ, JBo, or Weezy are going off from 3.

With Iowa, you have to pick your poison.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT