ADVERTISEMENT

****Gonzaga vs Iowa Game Thread****

DisappointEd, no doubt. A lot of poor shot selection today. As stated earlier, too many times guys taking shots out of their comfort zone. All said and done Iowa can and will play better. Gonzaga is a tough matchup. Agree Toussain’t makes us a better team overall When on the floor.

And will never shoot that well again.

While Iowa will probably never shoot this poorly again.

What a dissapointment.

I wish we could play this game over.

No way it plays out the same.
Lol I guarantee we will have a game or several where we shoot worse than this.

Saw it several times last year and our fans always said....."we'll never shoot this bad again".

Okay......

P.S. It's because the guys don't learn.

Lol I guarantee we will have a game or several where we shoot worse than this.

Saw it several times last year and our fans always said....."we'll never shoot this bad again".

Okay......

P.S. It's because the guys don't learn.

For some reason, our fans are always so surprised when teams shoot well against us too.

lol

There’s a reason for that. It starts with a d and rhymes with sense.

For some reason, our fans are always so surprised when teams shoot well against us too.

lol

There’s a reason for that. It starts with a d and rhymes with sense.
To be fair, it will never not surprise me when teams (good or bad) shoot 70%+ on contested 3s, but f*** if it doesn't happen every other game or so, especially in Big Ten play.

You can blame Iowa for not blocking shots, but those same team will never shoot as well on the exact same contested shots as they do against Iowa, even as bad as our defense is.........

Just sayin.

Reactions: HFan1981
To be fair, it will never not surprise me when teams (good or bad) shoot 70%+ on contested 3s, but f*** if it doesn't happen every other game or so, especially in Big Ten play.

You can blame Iowa for not blocking shots, but those same team will never shoot as well on the exact same contested shots as they do against Iowa, even as bad as our defense is.........

Just sayin.
How many true contested shots did they have from 3? Not many.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
I don’t see Iowa shooting this bad 6-7 times out of ten, and Gonzaga shooting that well 6-7 times out of ten. That was the difference today. CBB is frustrating sometimes with how teams can catch fire shooting like that, some of those shots by zags were unguardable, deep makes. Iowa also missed a lot of wide open threes.

I would not expect the Zags to miss as many point blank shots either. Gonzaga is a better defensive and rebounding team. They were off for 17 days and rarely had their whole team together for a regular practice.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Nope, clean.

Patrick totally fvcked that up by not spacing or running hard.

He either needed to sprint out and give CJ someone to pass to, fan out, or ride Suggs out of the play. Instead he jogged along side CJ and let Suggs in front of him.

Not a chance that was clean. He made contact all over the body.

You must be related to the official.

I would not expect the Zags to miss as many point blank shots either. Gonzaga is a better defensive and rebounding team. They were off for 17 days and rarely had their whole team together for a regular practice.

Zags made more threes in the first half then they have in a game for over a year... today was the exception and not the norm. You can easily argue the extended break clearly helped them, look at their shooting numbers before/after. Two weeks is a lot time to prepare a game plan against Iowa.

Iowa cannot shoot like crap and expect to win. The fact that Gonzaga had more TOs gives me hope but Iowa was too sloppy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT