ADVERTISEMENT

Hauser brothers

If you have the opportunity to improve the roster, you do it. Both of them are (in my opinion) better than Nunge and Pemsl for sure. Iowa is not in a position to turn down good players just because we have bodies at positions.

And nowhere did I suggest that Iowa should. Nothing even remotely resembling that.

The brothers would sit a year wouldn't they?

As of today there are far more questions about 20-21 than answers. Inside we know that RK is gone; no one knows how the injuries have impacted Cordell and Nunge had one very pedestrian freshman year. P McC has never played a game of college ball. So basically we have Luka and the ?s up front.

I'm not a big fan of transfers in general but this is another pair that would be good to get.

Not worried, they are always welcome and were wanted by Iowa from the beginning, unlike WI.

And enrolling in January when injured and not playing seems like a medical year. I seriously doubt that the NCAA will deny him that year.
Am I missing something? I don’t see where Sam was offered by Iowa coming out of high school.

It is a medical year. NCAA guidelines have it so that you generally only get that “6th year” if it is two medical years, not a transfer year and a medical year. Seems like a case that could go either way when appealed since the injury happened first.

Am I missing something? I don’t see where Sam was offered by Iowa coming out of high school.

It is a medical year. NCAA guidelines have it so that you generally only get that “6th year” if it is two medical years, not a transfer year and a medical year. Seems like a case that could go either way when appealed since the injury happened first.
Was either offered by WI?

Joey was. See posts 22 and 24 above.
Sam never had an offer. That was on Bo. Gard wanted to offer him, told him to wait until spring. He didn't. Gard likes/liked them both. UW makes perfect sense but we've said that before. Some think it's all smokescreen and they're UW bound. Just have to ride it out til semester is over. I wouldn't be surprised by anything. 3 visits may not happen. Or maybe they do.
You Badger fans are all delusional.

Joey redshirted already. Two years to play. He enrolled early and redshirted.

Don’t worry about it. They’re not coming to Iowa anyways.

That's not how it works if you enroll early. If that was the case what right minded coach would let or want kids to enroll early. Has been documented by all the big websites like ESPN and CBS etc. Sam will have 1 and Joe have 3 years after they sit next year.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
That's not how it works if you enroll early. If that was the case what right minded coach would let or want kids to enroll early. Has been documented by all the big websites like ESPN and CBS etc. Sam will have 1 and Joe have 3 years after they sit next year.
He enrolled early in order to rehab an ankle/foot injury he suffered in the fall. Marquette knew he was going to play the following season, so why not let him get used to college life and be taken care of by your own medical staff?

The “big websites” are wrong. Joey will have two years after he sits out next season, unless he is granted a 6th year by the NCAA. That has not happened yet

Reactions: jwardelt
I could be wrong but I think this this year's NCAA tournament showing is showing an impact here. How can you not appreciate the fight our team (full of underclassmen) put up both games and not be intrigued? Likely plays a role in thier interest.

He enrolled early in order to rehab an ankle/foot injury he suffered in the fall. Marquette knew he was going to play the following season, so why not let him get used to college life and be taken care of by your own medical staff?

The “big websites” are wrong. Joey will have two years after he sits out next season, unless he is granted a 6th year by the NCAA. That has not happened yet

Enrolling early for the spring semester doesn't matter. So if he did to rehab an ankle or whatever that is fine. Good for him plenty of football players do it. But Joe is classified under the class of 2018 for Bball just like Iowa freshman and AAU teammate Joe Wieskamp. Sorry it's not the big websites but you are the one who is wrong and actually only person or site I've seen saying he would only have 2 years.

It's pretty basic. He has not red shirted yet. He was a freshman this year. He red shirts next year and when he comes back to be eligible to play he will be classified as a red shirt sophomore with 3 seasons to play.

Reactions: anon_gjzkhykcp9iuj
Why would they want to play with the badgers?....
Not delusional, but there are a few reasons:
Play with a former HS teammate whose dad was your HS coach:
Play with Davison and several other teammates you know and like
Play less than a 2 hour interstate drive for family and friends
Play for a coach that recruited each of them, in a modern facility that sells out and has the best trainer in the B1G.
For Sam, play on a campus where the girl you date is on the Varsity VB team.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigEddySprings
Enrolling early for the spring semester doesn't matter. So if he did to rehab an ankle or whatever that is fine. Good for him plenty of football players do it. But Joe is classified under the class of 2018 for Bball just like Iowa freshman and AAU teammate Joe Wieskamp. Sorry it's not the big websites but you are the one who is wrong and actually only person or site I've seen saying he would only have 2 years.

It's pretty basic. He has not red shirted yet. He was a freshman this year. He red shirts next year and when he comes back to be eligible to play he will be classified as a red shirt sophomore with 3 seasons to play.
I believe that Joey will have 2 years of eligibility. He used up his redshirt by attending Marquette as a senior in high school.

Enrolling early matters in basketball since they are in-season. You should bring this up with Marquette. He is listed as a redshirt freshman on their official roster and I think they would know a thing or two lol

Enrolling early matters in basketball since they are in-season. You should bring this up with Marquette. He is listed as a redshirt freshman on their official roster and I think they would know a thing or two lol

I mean, they think the Hausers are actually going to visit Iowa. Some people you just can't help.

I mean, they think the Hausers are actually going to visit Iowa. Some people you just can't help.

tenor.gif

Reactions: bojihawk44
2 sit out transfers would be ideal. There would not be an issue of too many good players. Fran and staff could really focus in on positions/skills of need for the 2020 open spot.
So, they would transfer to Iowa to sit out? Get real.

Play for a coach that recruited each of them, in a modern facility that sells out and has the best trainer in the B1G.
Sounds like Wisky has at least as good a shot as any other team, but who knows what they are thinking. Why not UVA, where they might have a real shot at winning a national championship?

Reactions: Carlton
[QUOTE="HoustonREDHawk, .... who knows what they are thinking. Why not UVA, where they might have a real shot at winning a national championship?[/QUOTE]

Same would be true at MSU.

I'm just "bagging" on Davison there, Carlton. Pun intended, naturally.

As much as I hate to admit it, Wisconsin might be their best option going into 2020 as far as roster holes go, but Iowa will definitely make room for the two of them given the opportunity.

Reactions: Carlton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT