ADVERTISEMENT

Have You Ever Been Less Excited for the Start of an Iowa Football Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
with expectations of a fantastic D, a new OC who by all accounts is a good one, hopefully a much improved O, a new punter who is expected to be a dynamo, of course i am damn excited for the upcoming season. folks who aren't excited need to get themselves checked.

To answer your question, yes, I've definitely been less excited for other football seasons.

2000 - Coming off a year in 1999 that saw us win a total of 1 game and go winless in conference on top of still stinging from the seemingly botched hiring of Stoops.

2007 - Coming off a year in 2006 that saw us labeled "Fat Cats" by the head coach and ending the year with a losing record after being ranked inside the Top 10 at the start of the year.

2013 - Coming off a year in 2012 that saw us sink to our first regular season losing record since 2000.

As opposed to this year that sees us bring in a new OC to replace the worse OC in modern college football history, a (hopefully) healthy QB that has previously won a conference title, a defense that returns almost everyone, and the chance to play former Pac 12 teams in-conference. Yeah, I'm certainly more excited than the above years for sure.

I’m always excited for Hawkeye football. Maybe not as excited as 20 something year old me was many years ago, but that’s more of a byproduct of my blood cooling as I’ve aged.

Time is a slippery thing, speeding up and slowing down on a dime. Enjoy the parts of life that you do enjoy. I don’t see the point of wasting X amount of hours on a Saturday watching other people play a game if you end up miserable for weeks on end if the outcome isn’t desirable.

If Cade is healthy and plays all season I'm stoked. If Hill gets any game time, I'm done. I don't give a sh*t what he might do during the open practice. He's not a B1G Ten quarterback, he's a rocket throwing turnover machine.

The way things are shaping up, we may wish we had Brian back sooner as opposed to later! 😂
Here’s the thing though. If Lester doesn’t perform we will get someone else. If Brian didn’t perform, it didn’t matter, he’d get a promotion. We would double down and somehow let Brian coach quarterbacks. It was insane and that clown show is over. That by itself should get people excited.

Here’s the thing though. If Lester doesn’t perform we will get someone else. If Brian didn’t perform, it didn’t matter, he’d get a promotion. We would double down and somehow let Brian coach quarterbacks. It was insane and that clown show is over. That by itself should get people excited.
Another KF, has been cronie, sure.

Obviously, there are a bunch of people on this board that would share this feeling so it’s not exactly enlightening, but if you can’t find some excitement to watch a team that has the most wins in a 10 year period ever in Iowa football history then they don’t need you as a fan. You should find a different football team to follow…..

The funny thing is you’re gonna struggle finding very many teams that are going to meet your needs and requirements unless you’re one of those people that lies to themselves that they’re OK with losing eight games 42 to 37…

I’d be perfectly happy if you all disappeared off the face of the earth but no, you’re gonna show up every day throwing a fit…

THATS what I’m not excited about….you, the mean spirited fan….

And I’m not alone….

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
To answer your question, yes, I've definitely been less excited for other football seasons.

2000 - Coming off a year in 1999 that saw us win a total of 1 game and go winless in conference on top of still stinging from the seemingly botched hiring of Stoops.

2007 - Coming off a year in 2006 that saw us labeled "Fat Cats" by the head coach and ending the year with a losing record after being ranked inside the Top 10 at the start of the year.

2013 - Coming off a year in 2012 that saw us sink to our first regular season losing record since 2000.

As opposed to this year that sees us bring in a new OC to replace the worse OC in modern college football history, a (hopefully) healthy QB that has previously won a conference title, a defense that returns almost everyone, and the chance to play former Pac 12 teams in-conference. Yeah, I'm certainly more excited than the above years for sure.

Of course you are, normal fans would be.

Winning 10 games a season and it isn’t good enough for some folks. Not everyone can be isu, Nebraska or Minnesota.

Maybe you should go cheer for one of them.

Yeah, wouldn’t you be embarrassed to say out loud some of the shit these guys say?

There are about 120 other programs that would absolutely love to have the success we had last year, five years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 40 years years ago and we have a bunch of whiny bitches on here not excited about the season…..

One of them would rather go watch Waldorf play that tells you about all you need to know🤷‍♂️

Ps….a very average Waldorf at that.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyesArePvssies
Of course you are, normal fans would be.
I don't know that I'd classify myself as "normal", but I get you.

I do get where some of these guys are coming from, though. They're where I'm at with Fran right now.....but maybe they're a little more douchey about it than I'd be. 😀

battlefield 1 time GIF

• Love
Reactions: cmhawks99
In addition to what's already been said about a new OC and returning almost everybody on an elite defense, there's the new 12 team CFP format. I believe Iowa is favored in 11 of 12 games. We should be in the conversation for CFP. Lot's to be excited about.

I don't know that I'd classify myself as "normal", but I get you.

I do get where some of these guys are coming from, though. They're where I'm at with Fran right now.....but maybe they're a little more douchey about it than I'd be. 😀

Dude, we all get it… We’re all fans, we all have expectations, but I’m gonna tell you the same thing about Fran….

I don’t watch all the men’s basketball games and it is irritating as hell to not be able to guard anybody….

But if you can’t find some love and appreciation for winning football programs and winning basketball programs that have honestly done more good than bad, then that’s fine. Find other things to do, but no these guys come to a board and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch…..

So I ask you; who is a more productive person in society, Fran, McCaffrey, Brian Ferentz, Kirk Ferentz, or these dumbasses wasting time complaining….

THATS what I get….

I mean any of us with a positive slant on the program are accused of being Pollyannas, or getting on our knees. I mean some of the gross shit people say is embarrassing. Their mothers would be embarrassed by them, but we all get it. We’ve all screamed at the TV but we also know we’ve won a shit ton of football games…..

My life would be better if I never read any of this ever again. If I had my way their Iowa football team would never win a game again and I’d go on with the status quo…🤷‍♂️

Listen, I was worn out at the end of last year’s football season. I haven’t hardly even been on the football board in three or four months, but the Truth remains. We have a very good program.

These guys being on here and constantly complaining says a whole shit ton more about them and their lives and their character than it does the football team…

Just sayin’…..

And I’ll tell you something if they’re like this and other areas of their life, I’m not the first person that have told them their whiny bitches.

And there are people that are choosing not to hang out with them because of it

Reactions: tdstick
Yeah, wouldn’t you be embarrassed to say out loud some of the shit these guys say?

There are about 120 other programs that would absolutely love to have the success we had last year, five years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 40 years years ago and we have a bunch of whiny bitches on here not excited about the season…..

One of them would rather go watch Waldorf play that tells you about all you need to know🤷‍♂️

Ps….a very average Waldorf at that.
To tell you the truth, Donald, the locals are quite optimistic about the upcoming Waldorf season.
It's good to watch a team that on occasion DOES score significant points, unlike the product being marketed in Johnson County.

To tell you the truth, Donald, the locals are quite optimistic about the upcoming Waldorf season.
It's good to watch a team that on occasion DOES score significant points, unlike the product being marketed in Johnson County.

Not sure who Donald is but five times last year during a 7–3 season they scored 14 points or less. Twice they scored three points, and once zero….

Now what….🤷‍♂️

You and I’ve had this conversation before if a team that has had as many poor fans as Waldorf is your Litmus test. I’d say you should check yourself into psychiatric ward, because your logic train is gone.

Not sure who Donald is but five times last year during a 7–3 season they scored 14 points or less. Twice they scored three points, and once zero….

Now what….🤷‍♂️

You and I’ve had this conversation before if a team that has had as many poor fans as Waldorf is your Litmus test. I’d say you should check yourself into psychiatric ward, because your logic train is gone.
And 56, 35x2, and 34. I said "on occasion".
Still cosmically more than the flagship team in the People's Republic Of Johnson County.

The "Donald" name was applied due to your string of AUTHORITARIAN posts which reminded me of an Orange Fascist dictator wannabe currently on trial in NY.

• Haha
Reactions: LIV4GOD
I am really excited for this season as well.

1. New OC
2. Possibility of a healthy-ish Cade running the offense
3. Outstanding defense
4. Real chance to win 10-11 regular season games
5. Real chance of a CFP berth

Where I see the biggest difference for this year vs. what we have seen in the past is that under BF especially, the goal seemed to attempt to use PA to set up makeable's. I don't think we will see much of that under TL, I think he is going to attempt to take a lot of smaller bites and get into more favorable down and distance situations. I think we score more points, have a lot more yardage and especially a lot more first downs. That is what is going to keep me watching.

And 56, 35x2, and 34. I said "on occasion".
Still cosmically more than the flagship team in the People's Republic Of Johnson County.

The "Donald" name was applied due to your string of AUTHORITARIAN posts which reminded me of an Orange Fascist dictator wannabe currently on trial in NY.

Who makes them authoritarian, me…..? You….?

I didn’t make myself an authoritarity, you read that inti them…🤷‍♂️

So now we get to pick the games they scored a bunch in….WTH?

How did you feel about these games…

69-3 loss…

50-7 loss…

35-14 loss…

Or maybe these were more exciting…

7-3 win…

Or 13-0 loss?

As for Donald….so what happens if they waste all these tax pay or dollars an no conviction?!

Again, now what….?

Last edited:
Excited? Nah....I'm too old for that. I don't get hyped up over the start of a sports season.

I am however, optimistic. Especially to see what the offense is going to be like. I believe there will be definite improvement.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Optimistic but not excited. I'm sure I will be excited at some point during the season.

I guess I am only excited in the sense that I am excited to see what the offense looks like in terms of playcalling, motions, formations, personnel etc.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT