ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks-Nebby

Slambamham

Scout Team
Dec 19, 2012
What a great team to throttle right out of the gate!!!!
Rankings from WrestlingStat

125- TF- 5-0 (1 vs 15)
133- TF- 10-0 (2 vs 29)
141- Dec- 13-0 (3 vs 5)
149- Dec- 16-0 (5 vs 15)
157- Dec- 19-0 (11 vs 28)
165- Fall- 25-0 (1 vs 16)
174- Dec- 28-0 (1 vs 4)
184- L Dec- 28-3 (8 vs 6)
197- Dec- 31-3 (5 vs 7)
Hwt- Fall- 37-3 (4 vs 21)

** 1pt deduction on Nebby bench

Final 37-2

125- TF- 5-0 (1 vs 15)
133- TF- 10-0 (2 vs 29)
141- Dec- 13-0 (3 vs 5)
149- Dec- 16-0 (5 vs 15)
174- Dec- 28-0 (1 vs 4)
197- Dec- 31-3 (5 vs 7)

Final 37-2
I like it!

Most likely to lose in this order..

1. 149- Brock Hardy looks pretty legit- Murin is tough and feel he will be good at this weight but from one match I feel hardy may be more offense and more dangerous in scrambles. I dont feel good about it but looking forward to this one!
2. 197- never know with Warner
3. 157- I just think the cut has surpassed him-hope I am wrong because we need him in March
4. 174 -Maybe Mikey can keep it low scoring enough and pull something out but doubt it
5. 141- maybe Red catches him flat footed for 2 TDs and can stay out from under, although I think a Pin is more likely that a Red upset. I think its been so long since we have seen Jaydin in folk that some of us need reminded of how silly his pin numbers were 2 years ago. Gonna be fun to see who wins the pin race on this team.

Most likely to lose in this order..

1. 149- Brock Hardy looks pretty legit- Murin is tough and feel he will be good at this weight but from one match I feel hardy may be more offense and more dangerous in scrambles. I dont feel good about it but looking forward to this one!
2. 197- never know with Warner
3. 157- I just think the cut has surpassed him-hope I am wrong because we need him in March
4. 174 -Maybe Mikey can keep it low scoring enough and pull something out but doubt it
5. 141- maybe Red catches him flat footed for 2 TDs and can stay out from under, although I think a Pin is more likely that a Red upset. I think its been so long since we have seen Jaydin in folk that some of us need reminded of how silly his pin numbers were 2 years ago. Gonna be fun to see who wins the pin race on this team.
Wait, 184 isn't in your top 5?

Im interested in Desanto and how he wrestles without a crowd. He seems to feed off crowds whether they hate or love him. I dont think he is in any danger of losing but wonder if he might not be as dominant without Carver crowd. Hope not, love his tempo,

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
Will we see Abe or Nelson? How many of our true freshman will take the mat, in the extra matches?

Lee TF Cronin 5-0
Desanto MD Thomsen 9-0
Eierman dec Red 12-0
Murin dec Hardy 15-0
Young dec Licking 18-0
Bull MD Robb 22-0
Kemerer dec Labriola 25-0
Venz dec Brands 25-3
Warner dec Shultz 28-3
Cass dec Lance 31-3
Man I’m a Homer...

Last edited:
Im interested in Desanto and how he wrestles without a crowd. He seems to feed off crowds whether they hate or love him. I dont think he is in any danger of losing but wonder if he might not be as dominant without Carver crowd. Hope not, love his tempo,
If anything I believe it helps Desanto as he doesn't need to be hyped up as much as he needs to stay calm and focused.

Will we see Abe or Nelson? How many of our true freshman will take the mat, in the extra matches?

Good question?

Were probably going to be saying this about everybody the Hawks match up with.

Yep - but I don't know if Venz is going and Nebraska's studs - Red, Labriola, and Schultz - will not have a tougher night all season.

I was just checking on that as well. From what I can tell, so far is that if it is televised initially on BTN, then no access to the "extra" matches(Rutgers vs Mich) on BTN +.

If not shown on BTN(Mich vs Maryland), then "extra" matches are available on the BTN + feed after dual is completed.

125- TF- 5-0 (1 vs 15)
133- TF- 10-0 (2 vs 29)
141- Dec- 13-0 (3 vs 5)
149- Dec- 16-0 (5 vs 15)
174- Dec- 28-0 (1 vs 4)
197- Dec- 31-3 (5 vs 7)

Final 37-2
125: Fall 6-0
133: TF 11-10
141: Dec 14-0
149: Dec 17-0
157: Dec 20-0
165: Fall 26-0
174: Major 31-0
184: L Dec 31-3
197: L Dec 31-6
hwt: Dec 34-6

Giving Nebraska wins at 184 and 197 but could easily be a shut out. Matches that could be good are 141, 149, 157, 184 and 197. With what Red showed last week he better be better than that or he could get pinned. 149 is going to be interesting with Murin up a weight and Hardy is decent. Will Young have a better handle on 157 or will it be the same as last year? 184 and 197 they should be favored but both matches are easily winnable.

Reactions: Lsanders20

He might wrestle better WITHOUT a crowd.

Reactions: ping72
Lee TF Cronin 5-0
Desanto MD Thomsen 9-0
Eierman dec Red 12-0
Murin dec Hardy 15-0
Young dec Licking 18-0
Bull MD Robb 22-0
Brands dec Haas 28-0
Warner dec Shultz 31-0
Cass ec Lance 34-0
Man I’m a Homer...
Shultz is tough and gave Warner at least one loss last year. I dont like this one but it will be a good stick to measure Warner and his off season progress. Shultz is beatable.

If I'm not mistaken Young got married in the off season? With all of that behind him hopefully he is in a better place this year and the weight is more manageable. This guy was a legit top 5 at this weight at one time.

Can't wait to see Eirman vs Red. Red looked very average last weekend. I think he gets decked.

Labriola is probably there slickest wrestler outside of Red but he just gets a brutal match up against Kem dawg.
All eyes on 184

Idk a whole lot that’s gonna happen but I do know Lee is gonna dominate, the hawks will win, and 174 is gonna be real fun. Oh and thank goodness Iowa wrestling is back, it’s been way too long!

Shultz is tough and gave Warner at least one loss last year. I dont like this one but it will be a good stick to measure Warner and his off season progress. Shultz is beatable.

If I'm not mistaken Young got married in the off season? With all of that behind him hopefully he is in a better place this year and the weight is more manageable. This guy was a legit top 5 at this weight at one time.

Can't wait to see Eirman vs Red. Red looked very average last weekend. I think he gets decked.

Labriola is probably there slickest wrestler outside of Red but he just gets a brutal match up against Kem dawg.
All eyes on 184
Warner is 2-1 against Shultz. Yes I agree either man can win. Just hope it’s Warner.

Reactions: Lsanders20
This is an interesting thought. More importantly I am hoping he has been working on diversifying his offense. He seemed to plateau last year as guys figured out his offense. I think he is a title contender but to regain that edge he has to be able to mix up his moves. Just being able to switch the side his attack comes from would be enough to throw RBY's game plan into chaos.

This is an interesting thought. More importantly I am hoping he has been working on diversifying his offense. He seemed to plateau last year as guys figured out his offense. I think he is a title contender but to regain that edge he has to be able to mix up his moves. Just being able to switch the side his attack comes from would be enough to throw RBY's game plan into chaos.

I agree, I think everyone knows what desanto wants to do. I sure hope he has some new offense on his feet. Especially something just for rby and his nonsense style against him.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk

Giving Nebraska wins at 184 and 197 but could easily be a shut out. Matches that could be good are 141, 149, 157, 184 and 197. With what Red showed last week he better be better than that or he could get pinned. 149 is going to be interesting with Murin up a weight and Hardy is decent. Will Young have a better handle on 157 or will it be the same as last year? 184 and 197 they should be favored but both matches are easily winnable.

Young will be the same guy he was for the majority of matches at 157 in the last few years. The same guy.

I didn't see Red in the lineup last weekend, anyone know if he'll be back against us?

He wrestled, but I noticed he went by CJ Redd, not Chad. He is a good wrestler, but I think we will be a little better there this year than last. He was too quick for Murin last year.

I agree, I think everyone knows what desanto wants to do. I sure hope he has some new offense on his feet. Especially something just for rby and his nonsense style against him.
I thought this was a coaching blunder last year not adding diversity to attacks especially when dumbfounded on what to do when RBY put one arm behind his back.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk and el dub
I thought this was a coaching blunder last year not adding diversity to attacks especially when dumbfounded on what to do when RBY put one arm behind his back.
I can confirm Austin was working on varied attacks in practice last year and even before the season last year. In the end it comes down to Austin doing it in a match. Let’s not forget he was hitting high crotches last year(even on high level guys) and working more on top. To say he hasn’t added to his arsenal is silly. He just has to feel it and execute it.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk

Easily?

I can confirm Austin was working on varied attacks in practice last year and even before the season last year. In the end it comes down to Austin doing it in a match. Let’s not forget he was hitting high crotches last year(even on high level guys) and working more on top. To say he hasn’t added to his arsenal is silly. He just has to feel it and execute it.
Thanks for the information. Until you actually use it, you haven't added it. Hope he gets it all together this year. Some of the lesser opponents, he should really be focusing on to make the new stuff work and gain confidence in using it.

Lee TF Cronin 5-0
Desanto MD Thomsen 9-0
Eierman dec Red 12-0
Murin dec Hardy 15-0
Young dec Licking 18-0
Bull MD Robb 22-0
Brands dec Haas 28-0
Warner dec Shultz 31-0
Cass ec Lance 34-0
Man I’m a Homer...

Won’t be Haas...