ADVERTISEMENT

Here We Go Again - winter storms #2 and #3 Wed-Fri 1/10 thru 1/12

I waited until 3:00 p.m to get the snowblower out. Even with a quality snowblower, I still f'd up my shoulder when hitting some unseen ice chunks. I'm guessing we at least 10 -13 inches here. And about 90 minutes later already drifted over again. Sumbitch
I don't know where you live in Ames, but I'd say on the nw side maybe 5-6" of new snow.

Pulled up the snow reports map...

There's places in SE Iowa already over 10", including one report near Muscatine with 13".
Just measured the railing on my back deck. 12.5-13".

They pulled the plows here too, at some point late AM/early this afternoon. Took me a normally ~7-8 minute drive home from work over an hour because of driving slow and then I had to dig myself out a drivable hole twice near home.

If someone hadn't of dug out my parking slab, I'd still be out there working myself to death just trying to park the car after 8 hours of manual work.

I ain't even gonna worry about shoveling the rest until after work tomorrow. Lot of its gonna blow back anyways + the plows reloading the would-be-'clean' front sidewalk.

Afraid to wake up early tomorrow, and seeing what I'll have to deal with just shovel out and get the car ready to go to get to work. And might have to dig out half the alley just to actually get out & going.

ugggggh.

**** you, Mother Nature. You dirty no good crack whore.

Just got done with my driveway, sat down to enjoy some hot chocolate, and the snow plow drives by my house. Based on my driveway, I had anywhere from 3" in the middle, to 2' on the edges. So I guess average it out and call it a foot of snow here?

I think it's the drifting but it's hard to tell because it's so windy.

Thats the crappy part, I know I'll be out there at least two more times if anyone wants to leave the house tomorrow. We're sheltering in with some good food tonight. My buddy from Colorado brought his family back this weekend. We were supposed to go out to eat. Not in this crap.

Reactions: EasyHawk
No way to determine. I did remove snow 3 times today, guessing a minimum of 3" each time. I'll go short of @bagdropper and say 7-8". This sucks, pure and simple.

Yeah, I see the nearest reporting station was 7" at 3pm. I'm beginning to believe an inch or two of mine is blown in snow.

It has stopped...well, barely spitting a bit out. Wind unfortunately is picking up substantially, so I damn well be doing a complete fun filled snowblower extravaganza early tomorrow if I want to get out - my EOD is about 2 feet tall too.

I also noticed my neighbor's evergreen trees are leaning quite crazily...they're caked with snow. My single one is also leaning Tower of Pisa-like too.

Thats the crappy part, I know I'll be out there at least two more times if anyone wants to leave the house tomorrow. We're sheltering in with some good food tonight. My buddy from Colorado brought his family back this weekend. We were supposed to go out to eat. Not in this crap.
They didn't have enough snow in Colorado? 😅

My old man is in his seventies. He can afford to pay someone to do it for him. He still does it. Luckily/Unluckily he was in the hospital last night getting his gall bladder taken out, so he couldn't be a fool and try to do it this morning.

I keep reminding him not to do the things that he once could.

My old man is in his seventies. He can afford to pay someone to do it for him. He still does it. Luckily/Unluckily he was in the hospital last night getting his gall bladder taken out, so he couldn't be a fool and try to do it this morning.

I keep reminding him not to do the things that he once could.
Does he proceed to tell you to GFY after you tell him that?

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I took a hot supper for tonight and sandwich and sides for tomorrow across town to my disabled family member. It was eerie being about the only person out except for guys clearing driveways. The wind is so bad.

Looking forward to the snow plow going by and destroying my hard work.
Snow plow driver when he goes by your house...
erikeman-erik.gif

Looking forward to the snow plow going by and destroying my hard work.

I got close to 2 feet EOD to deal with tomorrow morning. Wind is going to drift over everything I blew out already anyway, so...

It's either that with a nicely plowed street - or fighting to just get out of my local neighborhood 2+ times each day.

I got a machine that makes short work of EOD issues now. No biggie.

Walked to a Walgreens that is kitty corner from my place earlier because I woke up with a cold and needed a resupply of pseudoephedrine. I got some insulated/waterproof overalls at a thrift store when I was staying with my parents following surgery in early December. Really clutch today. Unfortunately it looks like my boots are finally starting to crack up a bit after 10 years (these have kept me warm in Kinnick for several November games including Purdue 2015 and Illinois this year).

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT