ADVERTISEMENT

Here We Go Again - winter storms #2 and #3 Wed-Fri 1/10 thru 1/12

SEC_151575986-6538.jpg

National Weather Service has issued a stiff nipple alert for the entire state of Iowa...

Well 7-8 inches and some solid bands coming across for the rest of the afternoon. May hit the 9-10 inches yet. These storms have just been crazy in their longevity. Go 30-60 miles north and easily 2-3 more inches.

Heard Wapello is pulling all plows off of county roads as well as Appanoose and Davis, HWY 2 had 2 foot drifts over half the road in 2 separate spots. Was ok for now, but have heard once plows done could very well be shut down tonight.

• Wow
Reactions: IANDFAN
Pulled up the snow reports map...

There's places in SE Iowa already over 10", including one report near Muscatine with 13".

9" on the ol' yardstick on my deck in CR. Still flat out pouring snow too.

Not a windblown amount either...pretty calm wind here still.

• Wow
Reactions: IANDFAN
9" on the ol' yardstick on my deck in CR. Still flat out pouring snow too.

Not a windblown amount either...pretty calm wind here still.
I’m assuming you mean your cleaned off deck? Mine is well into the 20s right now total for the week

I’m assuming you mean your cleaned off deck? Mine is well into the 20s right now total for the week

Yep. Cleaned it down to the boards at sundown yesterday. 15" Tuesday, 3" Thursday morning when I woke up, now an additional 9".

Rain and snow reports vary across the CR metro quite frequently, but they got a pretty extensive network in and around the corridor. The 1st two storms match up with 3 nearby to me sites nicely. I use the reporting sites near Fairfax, Ely, and Cou Falls as a good cross-check considering I live near Kirkwood - I'm usually right in line with what they report.

Right now the Fairfax site reported 5", but that was just before 11am. Cou Falls 3" but at 9am. CR reports have been scant so far today (interestingly so) - must be waiting for it to let up before reporting in.

Still pouring out...just keeps on coming down.

Reactions: BlIIlken2
Still snowing lightly in NL, wind is picking up. I'll be going out to clean the deck and will see how much is on our table which I never cleaned.

Sounds like the blizzard warning for Black Hawk County just got extended. Supposed to end at 6AM tomorrow but now going until 6PM
I want to drink a marijuana drink but my wife works at the hospital until 7. Not sure if I will have to drive out have to save her or not

Reactions: McLovin32
Jasper County suspended plowing operations at 3pm and will resume tomorrow. Everything except convenience stores is closed or closing soon. No restaurants are open, not even fast food.

Reactions: h-hawk
I waited until 3:00 p.m to get the snowblower out. Even with a quality snowblower, I still f'd up my shoulder when hitting some unseen ice chunks. I'm guessing we at least 10 -13 inches here. And about 90 minutes later already drifted over again. Sumbitch

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT