ADVERTISEMENT

Here We Go Again - winter storms #2 and #3 Wed-Fri 1/10 thru 1/12

Good times all across the country. The drive to work wasn't bad at all at 6 here in Cedar Rapids, drive home at 4 probably won't be much fun though. Going to be a boring weekend though that's for sure.

aa9fb180-b14b-11ee-b233-436cfc34997c

No snow on the ground here in WPa. sunny, but the damn wind (30+) mph tore my flag big time. looking for an inch of snow late today turning to rain over night, with higher wind gust.

You’re out of your element here, Lucas.
And, you are overreacting. I made a simple comment about having to go out and shovel out the driveway again, and somehow turned that into a personal attack. It was simply a "Grrr", kind of thing. Look, I get it. You are tired and cranky.
My element is actually quite intertwined with the weather.

So things went to shit LOL. 3 inches since 6 and visability is squat if snowing. I thought we were getting to where it would stop snowing and could head back home but alas it built back in. Looks like a fun drive here in a bout an hour.

Just got done blowing out the driveway and all the neighbors walks. We have a good 20"- 22" in West Des Moines and it's still coming down. Wind is picking up and Temp is dropping. Going to be a long weekend since it's Dry January in our house...

Reactions: McLovin32
I went out and did a first pass. I had 6" here in south CR. This snow is much, much easier to throw aside than Tuesday's was.

Snowing steadily...
Yea, only a few inches here in the Dubuque area but that will change. This is going to be a light, fluffy snow which is good news for shovelers. Bad news for driving conditions with the wind. Yikes.

A lot of trucking companies pull their units from the road. Some don't, and this is the result. Tow companies feast on these storms, not to mention what to do with all of the stranded drivers. Injuries, lost cargo, damaged equipment...
Someone needs a drink!

Omfg this is such fake news bullshit. This happened in 2019 (the video). No plane has slid off the runway in ORD.

God I hate idiot twitter accounts. Reported that ****er multiple times for posting old video BS.

You're right ... the video was wrong (2019). But there was a ground stop earlier at O'Hare.

And, this is more current.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT