ADVERTISEMENT

House fails to pass short-term funding bill as shutdown looms

Well, what's a requirement is that no money be spent without congressional authorization and appropriation. That's not a mandate on Congress to spend, and so again, they simply have to agree to how much they're spending, and on what. Our society is diverse enough, and our spending is massive enough, that i've gotten beyond the ability to get too passionate about budget policy.

Perhaps the real solution here is to go back to the days when agency authorizations and appropriations were passed individually rather than as a single massive reconciliation. At least that way, the silly ideological and policy firefights could be contained.

Does it dawn you the money has been spent. It is a matter of paying, which is the requirement.

Does it dawn you the money has been spent. It is a matter of paying, which is the requirement.
Sure that’s an environmental given, but pretty much irrelevant to the legal process problem that causes/allows shutdowns. I mean, I have heard about our deficits believe it or not

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
Sure that’s an environmental given, but pretty much irrelevant to the legal process problem that causes/allows shutdowns. I mean, I have heard about our deficits believe it or not
Deficits matter only to the Party out of power....primarily that would be the Party of Fiscal Responsibility...the Republicans.
However, when this claim is examined, it is shown that Republicans are no more fiscally responsible than the Democrats they have spent 100 years demonizing. But, them Republicans sure do like tax cuts for the rich and corporations....,you know, those folks who really do have the money to pay taxes.

Haha. You do you. Fat bear week.
You asked…

You asked…

Again ... and?

Okay. That somehow justifies you trying to poke sticks at the hueys and tom's here. You have become transparent. At least the troops will get paid. Actually, what is your point?
Nothing other than Fat Bear week might be cancelled. I hadn’t ever heard of it but many major news organizations ran a story on it so I thought I’d post it.

That’s it.

We need a Constitutional Amendment for an "autopay" to prevent this bullshit. The House needs to grow up and quit "Weaponizing" and start governing. Like working on budgets and real issues like adults, you know. Goddam childish amateurs.

Part of me hopes these fvcking dipshits actually push the doomsday button and fvck this country so hard no one will ever consider voting for this fvcking crazy nonsense again. Fvcking clown shoes. Fvck the GOP.

The damage isn't worth the cost. A significant portion of the public, reflected in the congressional representation is poisoned with misinformation, lies and deceit. This has been exacerbated by the absolute horrible quality and character of Republican politicians and their lock-step support of the criminal and fraud ex-president.

Morning dipshits,

Friendly reminder, we went through this shit 3 months( ish) ago and we will go through this shit again because we don't have any money and what money we do have gets sent to Ukraine. Meanwhile people that make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year will die billionaires and we just casually learn about accounting errors. If you are the kind of idiot that thinks this political ping ping is going to actually get anywhere I would encourage you to check out the Harlem globetrotters, it's much more entertaining.

Enjoy your day.

70%? This is jue
Morning dipshits,

Friendly reminder, we went through this shit 3 months( ish) ago and we will go through this shit again because we don't have any money and what money we do have gets sent to Ukraine. Meanwhile people that make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year will die billionaires and we just casually learn about accounting errors. If you are the kind of idiot that thinks this political ping ping is going to actually get anywhere I would encourage you to check out the Harlem globetrotters, it's much more entertaining.

Enjoy your day.
Your whole post is gibberish

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I’m going to disagree. Many of his issues seem to have occurred years ago. If that’s true, he has no business going to prison for some casual drug use. Maybe the tax stuff although it seems like most people don’t for this level of crime.
Eric Bransted
Morning dipshits,

Enjoy your day.
the GOP ruins America and you vote for it.

Eat Shit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT