ADVERTISEMENT

How many will Iowa send to nationals?

125, 141, 157, 165, and 197 all seem highly likely.

but that's only 5.

133--iffy
149-looking better
174--tough assignment
285--same

184-a virtual no

I'm hoping for 8
It’s all based on how many allocations the Big 10 receives at each weight. The 2nd set of coaches rankings and RPI are scheduled to be released this Thursday, Feb 15. This will give more clarity. Right now I have the Big 10 with these totals for each weight.

125: 8
133: 8
141: 12
149: 10
157: 8
165: 12
174: 9
184: 6
197: 8
285: 8

Riggins is highly likely to not qualify. Everyone else has a good shot.

Currently, Schriever and Hill need to finish 8th or higher at the Big 10 tourney to qualify.

This could change based on rankings and other outcomes.

kennedy will definitely get in. Rathjen highly likely.

it's also rather pretty easy to steal spots in the B1G. even if you don't get an allocation one coin flip win or the bracket falling the right way can helps.

Need to be firing on all cylinders, should get 9. The problem with 84 is only 6 spots, big 10 not loaded at 84 but we need to be better then guys like Saldano or leigel then you have the Ohio st kid who is good. Its gonna be a tuff road for Riggins, but he has been improving.

but that's only 5.

133--iffy
149-looking better
174--tough assignment
285--same

184-a virtual no

I'm hoping for 8
Guys, I'm going with 9 making it to NCAAs, with 84 being the missing link...though he sure gave it his best this year against much bigger opponents. Like most, I think 25, 41, 57, 65 and 97 are pretty much givens, though it seems nothing is a given this year. Also, Rathjen is in the top 12 in the polls and wrestling pretty well right now so I see him making it based on his B10 tourney result. The same goes for PK, who I also see making it via his tourney placing. I'm thinking Teske will go at 33. He split matches with Van Dee who is 17th (Intermat rankings) and his only other non-MFOR loss is against Frost, who is ranked 7th. Schriever also has no bad losses but he's had a couple really close wins against guys who IMO he should have beat soundly. So my vote is for Teske, who I think will make it based on his B10 tourney result. Since it's his last attempt I think he'll be fired up and ready. At HWT, I would like to see how BK would fare in this tournament but I'm thinking TNT will go with Hill. BTW, since BK has only wrestled 3 times if he goes twice more in the B10 tournament can he still keep his RS or are tournaments not an option for your five match limit to save your year? Regardless I think whoever dances between Kueter and Hill will make the top 8. I know I'm being overly positive but I think this team will show up when it's time to dance.

but that's only 5.

133--iffy
149-looking better
174--tough assignment
285--same

184-a virtual no

I'm hoping for 8
174 a tough assignment? Isn’t PK top 10-15? I wouldn’t worry too much about losses to Griffith or Starocci in terms of qualifying for nationals. They’re both top 3 seeds. That’s an indication he’s not going to win nationals, but he’s a contender for lower AA spots not on the bubble to qualify.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT