ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks line up next season

hawkeyefan201064

Team MVP
Apr 8, 2010
125-Drake
133- Schriever
141- Kale Petersen? Can Victor V make 141?
149- Rathjen or Block
157- ? Can Kennedy make 157?
165-Candy
174- Gabe
184-Riggins
197- Glazier
HWT-Kueter or Hill

• Sad
Reactions: oldhawk56
Fixed it for you...

125 - Ayala
133 - Transfer
141 - Transfer
149 - Transfer
157 - Transfer
165 - Caliendo
174 - Arnold
184 - Transfer
197 - Glazier or Transfer
HWT - Kueter

->OK with the idea of Kennedy at 65, but ONLY if Caliendo wants to go to 57 and ONLY IF it's an easy, natural cut. Caliendo is successful and fun to watch at 65 he shouldn't drop unless he wants to go down.
->Interested in seeing Block, but seems to be uncertain as to his best weight.

Dont think they redshirt Ferrari. I dont know where he fits in because he moves up weight classes at times.

Reactions: kkhawk
125-Drake
133- Schriever
149- Rathjen or Block
165-Candy
174- Gabe
184-Riggins
197- Glazier
HWT-Kueter or Hill
That lineup is a lineup that could get TnT run out of town.

My edits
133-CS, KP (ACL), transfer
141-Block (ACL), transfer
149-Rathjen, transfer
157-Cobe, sucked down PK or MC, transfer
184-Brands
HWT-BK starting Feb 1

That lineup is a lineup that could get TnT run out of town.

My edits
133-CS, KP (ACL), transfer
141-Block (ACL), transfer
149-Rathjen, transfer
157-Cobe, sucked down PK or MC, transfer
184-Brands
HWT-BK starting Feb 1
Hard to predict anything until we know if Nelson and the 2 older Ferrari’s will be on the team? Then we will know what our needed weights are, and can see what high quality portal guys will be available at our needed weights.

125-Drake
133- Schriever
149- Rathjen or Block
165-Candy
174- Gabe
184-Riggins
197- Glazier
HWT-Kueter or Hill
Geez - and I didn't think I could feel any worse.

We hit transfer portal last year and picked up Caliendo, Same w/ Woods the year before so I'm assuming all options are open (including the Ferrari Circus)

Fixed it for you...

125 - Ayala
133 - Transfer
141 - Transfer
149 - Transfer
157 - Transfer
165 - Caliendo
174 - Arnold
184 - Transfer
197 - Glazier or Transfer
HWT - Kueter

->OK with the idea of Kennedy at 65, but ONLY if Caliendo wants to go to 57 and ONLY IF it's an easy, natural cut. Caliendo is successful and fun to watch at 65 he shouldn't drop unless he wants to go down.
->Interested in seeing Block, but seems to be uncertain as to his best weight.

They aren't going to land 5-6 transfer starters. That's just not realistic. Nelson will man 184.

I have TNT as the head coaches
125 true freshman, Deluca
Okay Spooner caught this brain fart
I will add peterson or tranfer here.
133 a bulked up and ready Ayala
141 Block
149 Rathjen or triple V
157 Cobe or pulled down Cali
165 Cali or PK
174 Arnold
184 brands
197 Glazier
285 Hill until Feb 1 and when the beast will be unleashed
This is the lineup I predict as a solid second for next year. Any transfers would be a bonus package.

Last edited:
They aren't going to land 5-6 transfer starters. That's just not realistic. Nelson will man 184.
Completely realize that, but they should be open at all those spots - that was my point, a sobering one at that. IF Nelson is back, that answers 84, but the others remain true. Even 2 or 3 of the right guys in the right spots would be huge.

141 Block
149 Rathjen or triple V
165 Cali or PK
174 Arnold
184 brands
197 Glazier
This is the lineup I predict as a solid second for next year. Any transfers would be a bonus package.

You have a high schooler in the lineup next year? How does that work?

141 Block
149 Rathjen or triple V
165 Cali or PK
174 Arnold
184 brands
197 Glazier
Would love DeLuca at 125 next year, but might be a little tough juggling his senior year of HS and a collegiate schedule.

There’s more holes in next years lineup than a block of Swiss cheese. 125 is locked up, wherever Cali wants to go he goes, and 174 Arnold off of this years performances. Honestly the rest are wide open.
Relying on VV, Peterson, CS, Rathjen, Pk, even glazier and you’re looking at getting smoked overall. Jury is out on BK to see what strides he can make, lots going on for him this year. Wrestling 1/3 to 1/2 a season just seems very hard to rely on. Too much speculation on guys making a jump from r12, 1-2 at ncaas to being solid AA.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
The Keuter being a two sport athlete thing needs to stop. He was healthy and didn't even see the field last year on special teams. If he was that good he could have played in 4 games on special teams and retain his redshirt. He received absolutely zero snaps. Iowa returns their starting linebackers this year so he'll rarely see the field outside of special teams and injuries to the starters maybe. So two years in with little or no playing time for a guy a lot of people think will be a pro. Not saying it won't happen but Iowa's also recruited well at linebacker and he's going to really have to improve and jump over several other quality guys to see the field.

I just hope he doesn't piss away his chance at being fairly dominant in wrestling while buried on the football teams depth chart and wrestling two months a year. I hope he proves people wrong on the football side but ask Brody Becht how better he got when he gave up his football dream to focus on Baseball 100% of the time.

The Keuter being a two sport athlete thing needs to stop. He was healthy and didn't even see the field last year on special teams. If he was that good he could have played in 4 games on special teams and retain his redshirt. He received absolutely zero snaps. Iowa returns their starting linebackers this year so he'll rarely see the field outside of special teams and injuries to the starters maybe. So two years in with little or no playing time for a guy a lot of people think will be a pro. Not saying it won't happen but Iowa's also recruited well at linebacker and he's going to really have to improve and jump over several other quality guys to see the field.

I just hope he doesn't piss away his chance at being fairly dominant in wrestling while buried on the football teams depth chart and wrestling two months a year. I hope he proves people wrong on the football side but ask Brody Becht how better he got when he gave up his football dream to focus on Baseball 100% of the time.
Brecht fell back into a MLB contract. Doesn’t exist for wrestling. If you have a chance to play B1G football you do it. Pro football is just so lucrative compared to HWC.

Would be a GREAT idea to give him a look. Was ranked top 5 pre-season, won all star classic and at a weight needing improvement. Obviously only a 1 year thing, but still worth it
bill-hader-sign-me-up.gif

Keuter has a full scholarship with football. And he likes football too.

I doubt you want to force him to choose between football and wrestling.

Last edited:
Dont think they redshirt Ferrari. I dont know where he fits in because he moves up weight classes at times.
The reason to RS Ferrari is that his "best fit" next year will be 165 or 174, which is exactly where there is no opening in the lineup. It's best to let him grow into 184. Gabe-Angelo will be a potent one-two hammer at those weights.

Hoping for 3 or 4 dudes from the transfer portal.

125 Ayala
133 transfer
141 transfer
149 transfer
157 transfer
165 Caliendo
174 Arnold
184 Brands
197 Ferrari
HWT Kueter

Kennedy will hit the portal.

Connor McGonagle is in the portal at 133. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to give him a look.
Hope a quality 125 with 2 years becomes available to let Drake eat and lift to go 133. I just don’t know if it’s possible for him to gain much strength
141 Block
149 Rathjen or triple V
165 Cali or PK
174 Arnold
184 brands
197 Glazier
not so fast about 2nd. Rumor is Hamiti is transferring there, and he is probably the first piece of the new Frankenstein team they will put together. With the gobs of money Michigan and tOSU have, I knew this nil would possibly let them jump us. I’m surprised they didn’t do the same as PSU did before nil, but I guess they didn’t have the big name coach to sell also.

I indicated concern on another thread about McGonagle making 133. He wrestled up at 141 for his first three seasons as well as a Jan tourney this year after losing to Crookham in SV at 133.

Was never effective at 141, but was tough at 133 for the time he was there (until injured at EIWA).

Anyone have more info on how much weight he's cutting, confirming he's going 133, etc.?

Hoping for 3 or 4 dudes from the transfer portal.

125 Ayala
133 transfer
141 transfer
149 transfer
157 transfer
165 Caliendo
174 Arnold
184 Brands
197 Ferrari
HWT Kueter

Kennedy will hit the portal.
If there is a Ferrari at 197, there will be one at 157, possibly 149 if we have a better option at 157. I think Anthony have a lot of potential once he actually trains in a college room, with good partners on a regular basis. He did pretty well at Luther and the salute for being out of competition and a practice room for 2 years.

let Drake move to 133 and get stronger.... Have The Montana Freshman ( Hernandez) or one of the guys in the Transfer Portal man 125lbs next year. I think the tough cut was starting to wear on Drake . As far as red shirting Angelo I think we let the fur fly and see who is the BEST team to put out on the mat. We redshirted 2 hammers this year and I cant see holding back anyone else as we wait for a special team to develop.... fire the bullets you have at the beast and see what happens.

Get him on the Kemdawg diet/exercise plan
I just don’t think he can gain more strength with his build at 125. He has a nice frame to add muscle to, just can’t do it and stay 125. Murin could get in on shots at 141, but didn’t have the strength to finish many of them. After putting on muscle to go 149, he actually started winning by over powering guys.

If there is a Ferrari at 197, there will be one at 157, possibly 149 if we have a better option at 157. I think Anthony have a lot of potential once he actually trains in a college room, with good partners on a regular basis. He did pretty well at Luther and the salute for being out of competition and a practice room for 2 years.
Heard Anthony’s taking his talents to state pen

141 Block
149 Rathjen or triple V
165 Cali or PK
174 Arnold
184 brands
197 Glazier
If you have time, go through and put where you think they finish the year at... Points wise I still think next year will be a down year.... Transfer portal changes things of course

Reactions: TarpHawk
141 Block
149 Rathjen or triple V
165 Cali or PK
174 Arnold
184 brands
197 Glazier
I think Block is more likely 149, but whatever weight he wants, I think he will win the spot. 141 is an issue if Block is 149. Can Rathjen get down there?

If neither Caliendo nor PK can make 157, that is going to be a problem. Gabe should be chiseled in stone at 174 at this point, so that leaves two potential AA caliber wrestlers for one spot at 165. I wouldn't be surprised to see the loser of the wrestle-off portal out rather than sit for multiple years (since Gabe should be a 174 lifer). One of those guys making 157 solves a big issue, but I don't know how feasible it is. Neither one seems small for the class.

McGonagle seems like an obvious portal target. Ayala would only need to hold 125 for one more year with McGonagle covering 133 before DeLuca comes in and allows Ayala to move up to 133 for his senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT