ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks line up next season

Nope not from Lisbon, not even from the eastern side of the state, lol.
That's an interesting take you have on how bad Cobe would get beat by Haines and his backups, with Haines beating Cobe by the huge margin of 3 - 2 the last time they wrestled.
Cobe had Haines in danger a couple times as well. It was a very competitive match.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
and then Dean actually Lost his senior year so he also regressed.
Your logic paints Spencer as the king of regression (from 3 titles to 6th place as senior, pinned in last bout). I’d re-think that.
While most of us on these threads have wrestled, I’ll bet few have done it at D1, fewer still at an NCAA tournament. Has a champion regressed if he doesn’t repeat, or God forbid loses a future match? Has an AA regressed if the doesn’t make the podium next time?
Hard to say. Maybe he’s retained his skill level—or even improved—but others have caught up? Maybe a single poor decision in tight matches cost him a bout or two? Or a lesser opponent’s career best move or match won the day? Perhaps even health or wellness dinged a performance?
Speculation aside, there are far too many excellent collegiate wrestlers to flatly call a loss or series of losses regression. A tough underdog or out-to-prove phenom with his own dreams and motivation can be better on any given day. Regardless, in such a competitive combat sport, the truest cases of regression are likely met with replacement.
Other than perhaps the 6th year guys, I’ll bet we regress more in the quality and logic of our posts than any of these warriors do on the mat.

Reactions: el dub and Grip220
I read a bunch of the last few pages of posts. I now realize that this thread is just filled with a bunch of whining babies that need something to complain about!
Our lineup next year will be better then this season and competing for a top 3 team trophy
I love your optimism. We lose Franek , Woods, and teske. We gain alittle , maybe a lot at 174. Gain at heavyweight if Keuter is the man. It all depends on how 141, 157 goes. Even if we take a hit at 133, we will be better if we can get decent replacements at those weights. I’m not good at being patient in the off season.

Reactions: el dub
I love your optimism. We lose Franek , Woods, and teske. We gain alittle , maybe a lot at 174. Gain at heavyweight if Keuter is the man. It all depends on how 141, 157 goes. Even if we take a hit at 133, we will be better if we can get decent replacements at those weights. I’m not good at being patient in the off season.
I’m still not sure Keuter can hang with the biggest heavies as a tweener with limited mat or practice time.

• Haha
Reactions: Grip220
You need to be patient grasshopper.

Reactions: savage84
You need to be patient grasshopper.
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Hoping football strength program packs on some pounds and strength. Has a good frame for it.
He has more help then just the Iowa football program. He has made successful gains in his first year and they showed. This year he will be dialed in and you can expect a tremendous difference by the time he hits the mat next season.

I read a bunch of the last few pages of posts. I now realize that this thread is just filled with a bunch of whining babies that need something to complain about!
Our lineup next year will be better then this season and competing for a top 3 team trophy
It should be better, although it depends on whether either Caliendo or PK can make 157. If not, one of them is going to sit or portal since Gabe's name should be chiseled in stone at 174. If MC and PK are at 157 & 165 in some arrangement and Brands comes back at 184, there's no doubt Iowa will be better and competing for the #2 spot (no one is catching PSU next year - they might be even better than this year even if Starocci doesn't come back).

😂😂😂. He may have been, Dwight had many talents. I was going more for someone meditating, trying to be mellow and patient 😉
I don't watch much television and have never seen that show. Dude looks like a major dork.

The fact that Colby announced he’s coming back next year tells me he knows we are going to have a hole at 57 or 49. Not good news. Like someone said before, do you think Colby would ever sniff PSU’s line up??

Absolutely zero idea what this has to do with my post. But since we’re playing…no. But that’s true or over half our lineup.

It should be better, although it depends on whether either Caliendo or PK can make 157. If not, one of them is going to sit or portal since Gabe's name should be chiseled in stone at 174. If MC and PK are at 157 & 165 in some arrangement and Brands comes back at 184, there's no doubt Iowa will be better and competing for the #2 spot (no one is catching PSU next year - they might be even better than this year even if Starocci doesn't come back).
Catching them anytime soon is going to be difficult for any top team in the land. Iowa will be competing hard with a room full of hammers.
I expect our lineup to be much better score wise this upcoming season, not just better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT