ADVERTISEMENT

How much for a beer?

How about Heineken @JWolf74 ?
Throw Up Jared Padalecki GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Don’t go to Broadway street in Nashville. You’ll have to take out a second mortgage to drink there for a long weekend. Go up the street to Martin’s bbq for good food, live music, and relatively cheap cold beer.

Reactions: BrianNole777
A lot of variables at my local watering holes here on the gulf coast. Pints at breweries are $6-8. If I go to St. Pete Beach or Clearwater Beach, Miller Lite, PBR, Busch Light tall boys or drafts are $5-6. Those same beers are $3-4 if I stay closer to the house in Redington Beach or Indian Rocks Beach. We typically make our decision based on where we can sit in the sun and/or who has the best TV setup if games are on.

Do people like Busch Light that much that they have to stop at a bar for it? I just thought people bought it because its the cheapest thing to fill a garage fridge.
We were at a fairly high-end chophouse the other night for Mrs. Torbee's birthday. A place with a very nice bar, extensive cocktail menu, fine wines and an impressive craft beer roster. This table of heathens was pouring down round after round of Busch Light bottles. I was kind of embarrassed for them.

We were at a fairly high-end chophouse the other night for Mrs. Torbee's birthday. A place with a very nice bar, extensive cocktail menu, fine wines and an impressive craft beer roster. This table of heathens was pouring down round after round of Busch Light bottles. I was kind of embarrassed for them.
Bet $10 bucks when the server brought their drinks they said "ooo bottles, fancy!"

I rarely drink more than one or two beers in a sitting anymore, so when I do I want beer that tastes good. It's not that Busch Light tastes bad necessarily. It just doesn't taste much like anything imo. There are much better "light" beers out there if that's what one is going for and BL does work well as an all day tailgate type beer. But if I'm ordering one beer with my meal, it sure as hell isn't going to be a $6.50 Busch Light.

I hardly ever drink. I may have one drink per month.

I can't remember the last time I bought a beer. I remember around 2008, I went to a bar in Georgetown in Washington D.C. with some friends and a non-fancy beer was $12.

We were outraged.
More trans people in DC than anywhere else

Yuengling isn't as good as it used to be and Blue Moon is just Coors Light with food coloring.

I was born where Yuengling originated and most of my extended family lives there. I've taken the brewery tour countless times and can probably give the tour by now. They used to brew their beer with spring water that came right out of the mountain over the old brewery but they eventually switched to city water. That was a long time ago though.

The beer they brew in Tampa tastes different than what is made in Pottsville, PA.

One of the problems with Yuengling is the bottles they use. The green bottles allow too much light so yuengling lager will get skunky. It's better to get in the can.

Reactions: ZachJump
I rarely drink more than one or two beers in a sitting anymore, so when I do I want beer that tastes good. It's not that Busch Light tastes bad necessarily. It just doesn't taste much like anything imo. There are much better "light" beers out there if that's what one is going for and BL does work well as an all day tailgate type beer. But if I'm ordering one beer with my meal, it sure as hell isn't going to be a $6.50 Busch Light.
Exactly

I probably sound like a huge beer snob after my post about the chophouse Busch swillers - but I myself love to pound some Busch Lattes in an appropriate environment: tailgating, fishing, golfing, etc.

I think it's kind of crazy some people ONLY drink Busch Light - and don't experience the wide world of delicious beers, bourbons and other libations that are available.

I have a crew of guys volunteering this morning. After that we are going to a local spot for food and beers. A pint of world wide haze will run 7 bucks there.

For the anti Busch Light crow. GFY. There is a time and place for that beautiful combination of seal piss and glacier water.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Isn't it probably that high of a price due to you purchasing it at a concert? I'm about 15 miles south of LA and I usually see tall boys at $6-10, depending upon the type of beer and bar/restaurant. Then again, I don't go out that often and when I do I pregame.

Mixed drinks at concert venues and clubs, though, I do see at $15-22 ish in LA.
yes it was the hoity toity sarah brightman opera no less. surprised you could drink a tall boy modelo at an opera

Reactions: pink shizzle
Exactly

I probably sound like a huge beer snob after my post about the chophouse Busch swillers - but I myself love to pound some Busch Lattes in an appropriate environment: tailgating, fishing, golfing, etc.

I think it's kind of crazy some people ONLY drink Busch Light - and don't experience the wide world of delicious beers, bourbons and other libations that are available.
Not at all, Torbs. True beer snobs wouldn't touch any domestic light beers. I believe variety is the spice of life.

It would be like my 5 year old growing up and never eating anything other than cheese pizza. It's just ... weird.

Reactions: torbee
I was born where Yuengling originated and most of my extended family lives there. I've taken the brewery tour countless times and can probably give the tour by now. They used to brew their beer with spring water that came right out of the mountain over the old brewery but they eventually switched to city water. That was a long time ago though.

The beer they brew in Tampa tastes different than what is made in Pottsville, PA.

One of the problems with Yuengling is the bottles they use. The green bottles allow too much light so yuengling lager will get skunky. It's better to get in the can.
My family is from Pennsylvania and I’ve been sneaking Yuenglings since I was in jr high. I don’t know exactly when it changed, but it is quite a bit different now. Switching to city water would make a big difference. And yeah, the stuff you get in Florida is totally different.

Reactions: Flie

Never have understood beer sold in green and clear bottles...makes no sense.

Reactions: JWolf74
they introduced Yeungling here in TX like 3 or 4 years ago. and they say they have a brewery here somewhere. I drink the crap out of it. it does not seem to get too skunky like say, Heineken does. if you pour it out, the lager beer, into a glass, it is quite dark like shiner bock.

Exactly

Exactly. Although despite my beer snobbiness, I truly love Pabst Blue Ribbon. Was my first beer, my dad's beer of choice. They don't hand out blue ribbons for second place, after all.

Reactions: darylhawk
Exactly. Although despite my beer snobbiness, I truly love Pabst Blue Ribbon. Was my first beer, my dad's beer of choice. They don't hand out blue ribbons for second place, after all.

Pabst Blue Ribbon triggered a college memory. I went to a party as a freshman and the host of the party asked me "What type of beer do you like?" and for some reason I said "Uhh.. heineken?" and he screamed in my face "HEINEKEN??? **** THAT SHIT!!! PABST... BLUE... RIBBON!!!".

At the time, I hadn't seen the movie Blue Velvet so I didn't get the reference and thought the dude just went off on me over my beer choice. He thought I was going along with the bit since I said heineken.

Weird, I'd always assumed that Busch Lites were only available lukewarm, served from the trunk of a high school kid's Monte Carlo.

😁
You reminded me of ole man Jerry who used to work with us. He graduated from UNC journalism WAY back. Jerry kept two big ole galvanized tubs in the trunk of his land yacht which he iced down with cheap cans on weekend nights, including a late run to stock up for Sunday.
He had a regular parking place and would empty his tubs at a buck a pop. As all the stores were closed for the sabbath blue laws, the price went to a buck and a half per…
He fed his way thru school for four years. Jerry was a blast to work with.

Reactions: NDallasRuss

My Care First deductible has gone up to $9,450.

I'm a healthy person that rarely uses health insurance.

Is this normal? :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT