ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical 25 PPG

Steamboat529529

HR All-American
May 27, 2021
Try this one on everyone.

Iowa averaged over 25 pts per game in the regular season in 2021.

Then they played Michigan in the big ten title game and it dropped below 25.

So they would have needed to score 39 points against Kentucky in the bowl game to average 25 points.

But if you take out that big ten title game, Iowa averaged 25 points.

Would he be kept in that scenario if the 2023 conditions were the same for 2021??

So they would have needed to score 39 points against Kentucky in the bowl game to average 25 points.

Would he be kept in that scenario if the 2023 conditions were the same for 2021??
If we’ve learned anything it’s that there is no conceivable scenario by which BF isn’t kept.

Of course he would. He can't be fired.

There’s almost no way we can get rid of BF. If I was him I would just leave an coach anywhere, lower level, to help out my dad.

Thought last week was an interesting decision, the BF contract is just icing on the cake. Amazing how the AD is handling this

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Let me guess, the 25 points per game includes any defensive scores. The defense that had as many touchdowns as our quarterbacks did passing. The defense that averaged 4 points per game this past season.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
The BIG East has been good for MSU coach who got 100 million for one good season.
Kf is underpaid by today's standards.
Rhule got double what KF makes.Frost made close to 50 million for his 4.5years. His offense gained many yards while losing most games...would hawk fans trade nebs results last 5 years for Iowa's?

The BIG East has been good for MSU coach who got 100 million for one good season.
Kf is underpaid by today's standards.
Rhule got double what KF makes.Frost made close to 50 million for his 4.5years. His offense gained many yards while losing most games...would hawk fans trade nebs results last 5 years for Iowa's?
Now do Iowa’s offensive coordinator?? Is he underpaid?

There’s almost no way we can get rid of BF. If I was him I would just leave an coach anywhere, lower level, to help out my dad.
Agree. It would help out his dad, and it would also help out himself. By getting daddy to help him cling to this gig like a cockroach in some post-apocalyptic dystopian world he's not doing himself or his coaching future any favors. He just looks prideless and pathetic. It's gotta be the $900k. They have to know he's probably never going to make that kind of bank again and so they're milking it for as long as they can.

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
Let me guess, the 25 points per game includes any defensive scores. The defense that had as many touchdowns as our quarterbacks did passing. The defense that averaged 4 points per game this past season.
Indeed, the 25 ppg includes all scores. The fact that the conditions for retaining BF after next year aren’t even specific to the offense is beyond ridiculous, not to mention how low the bar has been set. One would think the performance parameters for any employee would automatically be based only on that employee’s performance alone.

Hopefully the upgrade in talent at QB and hopefully at OL and WR can make up for the continued ineptitude at OC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop1971
FYI 25 pts/game would have been good for #85 out of 131 teams in 2022. That's 36th percentile...not even close to "average". (which is just over 28 pts/game).

Talk about high standards.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27/p3
If the offense, without defense or special teams points, averaged 25 or more points, it will feel like we are watching the 2019 LSU tigers with Joe Burrow tossing it to Ja’marr Chase and Justin Jefferson.

• Haha
Reactions: FatBrian4Prez

Read the contract it's in that.

The terms of the contract are indeed strange. By putting that clause in the contract it just has the fans using their calculators during each game.

It could have said 60 points and it wouldn't matter. BF is the OC for 2023. In the end it's just another incentive in a contract that only determines how much he gets paid. They can still fire him any time or hire him for 2024.

Can anyone point me to a school that has fired the OC and then seen an increase in offensive performance and increased wins which is then sustained for 5 years or more?

I mean if this strategy is really successful there must be at least 20-30 examples of it that folks can rattle off the top of their heads. I would really like to see these examples. Or maybe just maybe firing an OC expecting to see an increase in offensive output and conversely wins more often than not leads to firing the Head Coach a year or two later.

• Haha
Reactions: FatBrian4Prez
Did Barta actually think this would be well received?!?
Not by the tinfoil hat crew.

This is how Barta washes his hands of this debacle in 2024.

KF has it in his hands on how to retain his son. Looks like he's all in on the portal and NIL based on this off-season results. Now let's see what changes on offense.

I am pretty shocked that none of the tinfoil hat crew have started an ***OFFICAL*** BF points countdown thread for 2023.

Reactions: GeorgePeeples

What have these two frauds ever won! Just get rid of them and move on. KF is like 70 and game passed him a long time ago. He has the energy of a fence post and this grooming of his kid is an insult. Get rid of them.

To give benefit of doubt, remember KFs comment about when Iowa scored 24 pts a game, our record was 55-3. So he is playing the odds. We score 25, we win most games and have a good record.

Reactions: hawkjt and HerkyFan
To give benefit of doubt, remember KFs comment about when Iowa scored 24 pts a game, our record was 55-3. So he is playing the odds. We score 25, we win most games and have a good record.
Our offense scored over 25 points twice in 2022. Against Nevada and Northwestern.

Indeed, the 25 ppg includes all scores. The fact that the conditions for retaining BF after next year aren’t even specific to the offense is beyond ridiculous, not to mention how low the bar has been set. One would think the performance parameters for any employee would automatically be based only on that employee’s performance alone.

Hopefully the upgrade in talent at QB and hopefully at OL and WR can make up for the continued ineptitude at OC.
That's a disappointment. I was hoping it was an offensive scoring number.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT