ADVERTISEMENT

I just got carded.....for a Powerball ticket

Lone Clone

HR King
May 29, 2001
For the record, while I am handsome and youthful for my age, the only way somebody might think I don't qualify to buy anything is if there's a maximum age limit.

Stopped at a Casey's a while ago, went in to buy a Powerball, and the cashier asked to see my driver's license. Never happened to me before (I've never bought one at that particular Casey's before). She said they are no required to see proof of age for any age-restricted sales.

Anybody else ever run into this? I've bought a lot of Powerballs at a lot of difference places and this was a "first" for me. It was the Casey's on 33rd Ave. SW in Cedar Rapids, just off I-380.

Were you burgled when you got home - she may have been telling her accomplice the coast was clear!

I card people waaaay over 21 all the time when they purchase alcohol. Sometimes I do it to be a dick, other times it’s because I actually want to see their age.

I card people waaaay over 21 all the time when they purchase alcohol. Sometimes I do it to be a dick, other times it’s because I actually want to see their age.
I get carded for alcohol every time I buy it, at least at Hy-Vee. They apparently have some kind of thing in their system that won't allow the register to ring up an alcohol sale unless a birthdate is entered.

But I've never heard of it happening for a Powerball.

I noticed you didn't mention the purchase of Casey's pizza in your post. Is there something wrong with you?
I wasn't absolutely starving., to the point I would eat anything to stay alive.

(Not a big fan of Casey's pizza, although in fairness, my only exposure to it has been by-the-slice out of the warmer)

I get carded for alcohol every time I buy it, at least at Hy-Vee. They apparently have some kind of thing in their system that won't allow the register to ring up an alcohol sale unless a birthdate is entered.

But I've never heard of it happening for a Powerball.

We have a similar system but I can override the age restriction if I want to. But it’s kore
Fun to card people regardless.

Older women love it, like genuinely.

We have a similar system but I can override the age restriction if I want to. But it’s kore
Fun to card people regardless.

Older women love it, like genuinely.
What irritates me (slightly) is that the system apparently doesn't distinguish among products sold in the liquor department. I have to show my I.D. to buy non-alcohol wine and beer.

I considered claiming I was trying to vote and hoping the cashier was a Democrat, but it wasn't worth the trouble.

I believe in many states, it is now mandatory to card for alcohol to make sure folks aren’t restricted from purchasing. Don’t really understand the lotto ticket tho

It's easier for a corporation to tell its employees to card everyone, no matter what, than to use their best judgement. A Casey's employee's best judgement should already be called into question simply because they work at Casey's.
That drastically reduces their liability.

My local grocery store would card everyone regardless how old they looked.

A year or so ago, they sold out to a national chain, the national chain don't card old folks like me.

I worked for a small town Hy-Vee in high school. The store got in trouble when a 17 year old special ed cashier sold cigarettes to a an undercover 16 year old.

In her defense, the whole thing was pretty shady. The kid they paraded around trying to bust stores looked about 40 years old: full beard, balding hairline, huge, etc.

I believe in many states, it is now mandatory to card for alcohol to make sure folks aren’t restricted from purchasing. Don’t really understand the lotto ticket tho
I think you have to be 18 to buy a ticket. I know you have to pay cash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT