ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to hear from Republicans or Centrists

My statement was not being critical of her, just a summary of facts that have led us to today. If you dispute any of what I said, please break it down for me. Shes been protected and they’ve built a marketing engine running a script. This is not debatable. I complimented the work they have done, just said she hasn’t had to face the music of a real campaign yet and I think that’s a big reason for the silence from trumps crowd, there is simply no ammo.

Maybe step out of the echo chambers a bit and realize not everything that gets discussed is meant to demean and degrade. I realize Trump has ingrained this mindset into American culture, but man it is exhausting. Discussing things like this doesn’t have to be a zero sum game.
Define a "real campaign" for me. She is doing rallies several times a week... I will give you it's been a little different than some campaigns but doesn't it have to be considering the circumstances she entered the race? Besides the not doing an interview yet I don't get what she has or hasn't done that would upset any rational person. And I'm far from being in an echo chamber I am around MAGAts constantly but thanks for the concern

Par for the course for conservatives. Keep yourself uninformed it is the only way to keep those beliefs.
So I'll replace "coup of Biden" with.......

"Democrats after the debate had to admit they were lying to the American public about Biden so Democrat elites and donors had to get involved and tell him to step down or the 25th would be invoked."

Feel better?

P.S. I've voted for more Dems than Reps

Most Pubs I know wish Trump would just shut up then grow the hell up; the only reason they’re voting for him is because he’s the nominee and they feel the Democratic Party is despicable.

Reactions: Randall Stanhope
Holding a rally where you show up, deliver a prepared keynote off a prompter, shake a few hands, and take 2-3 softball questions from friendlies is not campaigning.

Nobody has ever had to provide so little to get so far, and it is a huge benefit to her to not have to face the gauntlet of months and months of dumb people and dumb questions and uncomfortable positions. This process universally provides your opponent with unlimited attack material and she has provided absolutely none by way of not participating in it.
If rallies aren't campaigning what the **** is it? If they aren't trump has barely campaigned for 9 years and I don't recall you or anyone else pointing out he never campaigned. This is just a really weird argument you are making

Most Pubs I know wish Trump would just shut up then grow the hell up; the only reason they’re voting for him is because he’s the nominee and they feel the Democratic Party is despicable.
I can go along with a fair amount if this, I've described it as a hold your nose and vote election, which means we sure as shit won't see record nu.brrs.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
Holding a rally where you show up, deliver a prepared keynote off a prompter, shake a few hands, and take 2-3 softball questions from friendlies is not campaigning.

Nobody has ever had to provide so little to get so far, and it is a huge benefit to her to not have to face the gauntlet of months and months of dumb people and dumb questions and uncomfortable positions. This process universally provides your opponent with unlimited attack material and she has provided absolutely none by way of not participating in it.

Define a "real campaign" for me. She is doing rallies several times a week... I will give you it's been a little different than some campaigns but doesn't it have to be considering the circumstances she entered the race? Besides the not doing an interview yet I don't get what she has or hasn't done that would upset any rational person. And I'm far from being in an echo chamber I am around MAGAts constantly but thanks for the concern

If rallies aren't campaigning what the **** is it? If they aren't trump has barely campaigned for 9 years and I don't recall you or anyone else pointing out he never campaigned. This is just a really weird argument you are making
By his definition of campaigning, then weve apparently never seen a real campaign.

I think Harris will be one of the worst president's if she wins. Trump would be as well. Two terrible options.

Many of the Democratic party economic/tax proposals just make no sense at all.

Will be interested to see if the DNC keeps Harris protected like they have to this point. Not a bad strategy.

Hopefully, the Republican party will be rid of the Trump influence for the next election

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I’m a moderate Republican. Have voted that way my whole life. 2016 was the first election I voted for a Democrat. I mean, when I first heard that Donald Trump was throwing his hat in the ring, I thought it was just one big joke. The fact other Republicans were taking his candidacy seriously just floored me.

Then Donald Trump got more stupid and belligerent, saying the shit about McCain and mimicking the handicapped reporter, and his popularity increased. Made me absolutely sick.

Long story shirt, this election is about the soul of America, not policy. The southern border is an absolute disaster and I am still voting Harris. That’s how terrible and dangerous Trump is.
If you have this weird feeling that you are voting for the side that wants to protect a bunch of shit the three letter agencies are doing, you are.

I'm assuming that's the same logic that "saves democracy" by voting for an installed puppet.

Uh no. OP asked a question and I answered it. I didn't even bash Kamala in my post. I paid Dems compliments for what they are doing through media and the momentum they have. In an election year you'd want to memory hole anything positive for your opponent so you have the best chance to win. Again it was a compliment, they seem to be more of a cohesive unit than R's.

JFC some of you are insufferable. Can't even tell someone good job without an attack.
All well and good. You might want to think about the terminology you use.

A memory hole is any mechanism for the deliberate alteration or disappearance of inconvenient or embarrassing documents, photographs, transcripts or other records, such as from a website or other archive, particularly as part of an attempt to give the impression that something never happened.

Saying the assassination attempt has been “memory holed” implies that the Dems are pretending it never happened and trying to erase all record of it. If it’s your contention that it has had no effect on their rhetoric, then you have no point. The person they are running against is a reprehensible human being who will cause chaos when he loses just as he did last time. The Dems are under no responsibility to sugarcoat who Trump is to protect him from nut jobs. Do you think the right has tempered THEIR rhetoric concerning their opponent?

As for your “coup” horseshit, feel free to pretend that isn’t inflammatory. The party made a judgement - correct in my estimation and that of many on your side (and don’t pretend differently) - that Biden wasn’t capable of running an effective campaign. The party replaced him as is their right. It was the MAGAts who beat the “dementia” drum incessantly…maybe they should have kept their mouths shut.

Reactions: Ree4
I disagree. I will vote for Trump because what he stands for aligns more closely with my beliefs.

Sarcastic Big Deal GIF by CBS

So I'll replace "coup of Biden" with.......

"Democrats after the debate had to admit they were lying to the American public about Biden so Democrat elites and donors had to get involved and tell him to step down or the 25th would be invoked."

Feel better?

P.S. I've voted for more Dems than Reps
Invoking the 25th doesn’t remove him as a candidate - it has zero effect on that. You REALLY need to brush up on your education in all areas if you want to pass as some kind of moderate.

All well and good. You might want to think about the terminology you use.

A memory hole is any mechanism for the deliberate alteration or disappearance of inconvenient or embarrassing documents, photographs, transcripts or other records, such as from a website or other archive, particularly as part of an attempt to give the impression that something never happened.

Saying the assassination attempt has been “memory holed” implies that the Dems are pretending it never happened and trying to erase all record of it. If it’s your contention that it has had no effect on their rhetoric, then you have no point. The person they are running against is a reprehensible human being who will cause chaos when he loses just as he did last time. The Dems are under no responsibility to sugarcoat who Trump is to protect him from nut jobs. Do you think the right has tempered THEIR rhetoric concerning their opponent?

As for your “coup” horseshit, feel free to pretend that isn’t inflammatory. The party made a judgement - correct in my estimation and that of many on your side (and don’t pretend differently) - that Biden wasn’t capable of running an effective campaign. The party replaced him as is their right. It was the MAGAts who beat the “dementia” drum incessantly…maybe they should have kept their mouths shut.
#1 You get what I mean by memory hole. Honestly how often does that assassination attempt or Biden get brought up?
#2 Ok it may not literally have been a coup but it was coupy if that's a word.

Overall I think you just are on the attack and don't realize I agree with you. I don't think Dems are purposely suppressing anything. They have done well through the media with us forgetting about those two things and moving along. Basically are telling us "hey look over here now."

As far as my coup comment the Dems did the correct thing replacing Biden. I 100% believe that. But people also have a right to call out the year long sharp as a tack gas lighting as well, that's all I'm saying.

Luckily for most here once Iowa kicks off you find me here much unless it's about movies, music, or something funny. So hang in there you have probably about only 4 more days of politics from ButtersHawk. Hope this finds you well and remember both parties suck ass.

Invoking the 25th doesn’t remove him as a candidate - it has zero effect on that. You REALLY need to brush up on your education in all areas if you want to pass as some kind of moderate.
If Biden won in November could it have been used to remove him in let's say February 2025?

#1 You get what I mean by memory hole. Honestly how often does that assassination attempt or Biden get brought up?
Why would the Dems bring up the assassination attempt?

It wasn’t literally a coup and it wasn’t remotely coupy. They went to Biden and had to convince a good man that he had to give up power for the good of the party and the country. The difference between Biden and Trump is, as proud and driven as Biden is, he did exactly that. The GOP doesn’t even have anyone in Trump’s circle who would volunteer to have that conversation with The Donald and he’d just exile them and rip them apart in his next speech if they did.

Don’t disagree?
Overall I think you just are on the attack and don't realize I agree with you. I don't think Dems are purposely suppressing anything. They have done well through the media with us forgetting about those two things and moving along. Basically are telling us "hey look over here now."
People haven’t forgotten about those things. The assassination attempt has nothing to do with the Dems and there was no coup or whatever you want to call it. What Dems think about Biden was clearly expressed at the DNC. THANK YOU, JOE! Thanks for your service to the country. Thanks for being a healing influence after the insanity of Trump. Thanks for putting your country ahead of your ambition.
As far as my coup comment the Dems did the correct thing replacing Biden. I 100% believe that. But people also have a right to call out the year long sharp as a tack gas lighting as well, that's all I'm saying.
I’ll take Biden’s sharpness over Trump’s every single day. Trump can mumble his way through an incomprehensible five-minute word salad and you hear not a peep about his cognitive ability from the right. Biden was and is perfectly capable of serving as POTUS.
Luckily for most here once Iowa kicks off you find me here much unless it's about movies, music, or something funny. So hang in there you have probably about only 4 more days of politics from ButtersHawk. Hope this finds you well and remember both parties suck ass.
See ya! Go Hawks!

It wasn’t literally a coup and it wasn’t remotely coupy. They went to Biden and had to convince a good man that he had to give up power for the good of the party and the country. The difference between Biden and Trump is, as proud and driven as Biden is, he did exactly that. The GOP doesn’t even have anyone in Trump’s circle who would volunteer to have that conversation with The Donald and he’d just exile them and rip them apart in his next speech if they did.

Don’t disagree?

People haven’t forgotten about those things. The assassination attempt has nothing to do with the Dems and there was no coup or whatever you want to call it. What Dems think about Biden was clearly expressed at the DNC. THANK YOU, JOE! Thanks for your service to the country. Thanks for being a healing influence after the insanity of Trump. Thanks for putting your country ahead of your ambition.

I’ll take Biden’s sharpness over Trump’s every single day. Trump can mumble his way through an incomprehensible five-minute word salad and you hear not a peep about his cognitive ability from the right. Biden was and is perfectly capable of serving as POTUS.

See ya! Go Hawks!
I hope the Tar Heels suck ass

If Biden won in November could it have been used to remove him in let's say February 2025?
Why would they do that? Why would they even threaten that? The only reason to have him step aside before the election was the belief that he would lose to Trump. If he won…there would be no reason to invoke the 25th.

I assume you’ve seen the 25th amendment thing in some wingnut talking point. I hope you understand that you were duped. It was bullshit used to support their moranic “coup” narrative. I hope you now see it for what it was. It never made sense but people fell for it.

They're such weirdos. MAGA and MAGA adjacent (if this guy really isn't another of the MAGA "centrist moderates" running around here) pretending that they care about how the Democratic party chose its candidate this year.

Just admit it, what you're pissed off about is that you're not running against Biden. It has absolutely nothing to do with how Harris became the nominee.

Just such a full of shit party and full of shit people.
I'm sorry, I guess everyone should just believe only what you believe. Sorry, here in America we have the right to be and believe in what we like as an individual. Everyone that doesn't agree with your ideology isn't a MAGA. The Democrat party has gone so far left that to them, everyone who is a blue collar, family person and middle of the road political views is somehow right wing MAGAs. For a party the party of the working class, they have really abandoned us. As far as the Republican party, they don't attack the middle like you just did to me. The right wing have their fair share of issues I don't like, but at least they don't attack me for my opinions if they differ from theirs.

This is a message for the Dems, you keep this garbage up, and there won't be the independent vote anymore, you'll lose us. Stop telling us "not Trump", and give us real ideas on how you plan on fixing the mess we are in. Because if you continue with the current plan, we are set up for failure.

And don't talk to me about democracy ever again. You can't appoint a person for an elected office and call it democracy because it's not, that's called communism.

The Democrat party has gone so far left that to them, everyone who is a blue collar, family person and middle of the road political views is somehow right wing MAGAs.s
My God you people are full of shit. Of course you're throwing in "Democrat party" in a thread where you're bitching about respect, but who in the hell in the DEMOCRATIC party is calling "blue collar, family person and middle of the road political views" rightwing MAGA?

Who is doing that? Where? When?

That’s pretty much it. I don’t trust the direction she’ll go if D’s get a clean sweep and control the house and senate.

Best case scenario for me this election is she wins but the R’s control the senate. Wouldn’t mind seeing he win in a landslide if the R’s take the senate.
Resounding loss for Trump and turn the page on him.
The senate acting like the current house isn't a good thing for anyone. The senate has a ton of confirmations each term to not paralyze parts of government that need to work not related to policy changes. If it must be one of the 3 hope for the house.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
My God you people are full of shit. Of course you're throwing in "Democrat party" in a thread where you're bitching about respect, but who in the hell in the DEMOCRATIC party is calling "blue collar, family person and middle of the road political views" rightwing MAGA?

Who is doing that? Where? When?
You did.

Don’t disagree?

See ya! Go Hawks!
Of all the clueless posts on here, this might top the list: “Thanks for being a healing influence after the insanity of Trump.”

There’s no ‘healing’ the political woes we’re facing with anything the D’s or R’s are offering. Angry, old white men shaking their fists and yelling is healing? Lmao.

Everyone is always attacking you 😂 Isn’t that your purpose here.

I am a moderate who has voted for both sides. although at the current time I am probably as anti democrat as anyone on this board.

I listened to some of the speeches at the DNC. I was not impressed. I think dems know that the real democrat message will not win the election for them. They are pro war, pro trans, pro racial division, pro climate change agenda, pro price controls, pro government control, pro censorship, pro dei, etc. This message is not one that will win over the majority of the country. So instead they are trying to create more hatred toward trump while just presenting Kamala as a positive image.

I despise the fact that the whole democratic agenda is based on lies and deception. Dems tried to hide Biden's age and mental decline until it was proven beyond any shadow of belief. They have now implemented a new candidate late in the process without any input from the people, they are keeping her from interviews. They are not forthcoming with what her policies are. They It all just seems like a big lie and it makes me not trust them.

They denied her being appointed as the 'border czar' despite it being published that way for a long time. She said the economy is great under Biden and even came out with Kamalonics but then comes out saying that inflation is really hurting people. Democrats think they can just straight up lie to people and the stupid people will just believe whatever they say.
Anti Democrat. Pro rapist felon.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Of all the clueless posts on here, this might top the list: “Thanks for being a healing influence after the insanity of Trump.”

There’s no ‘healing’ the political woes we’re facing with anything the D’s or R’s are offering. Angry, old white men shaking their fists and yelling is healing? Lmao.
Crawl back under your “both sides” rock.

I’m being optimistic coming off the DNC. I would like to hear from Republicans, but the ones on here just spam trash, so I don’t really care.

I would really like to hear from Republicans or Centrists, on what they think about the election.

If the usual trash could stay out of the thread, that would be great, but I’m not expecting it.
So how’s it going so far? 😂

Why can’t you just agree that both sides are crooked but Trump trumped them all with his actions.

Why is it so hard for the diehards of each party to own up to that?
For the hundredth time, PLEASE GOOGLE indictments and arrests by presidential administration, and then come back and explain how that research backs up what you just said. It’s NOT EVEN CLOSE. It’s almost 100 to 0.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT