ADVERTISEMENT

If you were in charge . . . who would you select as the new Athletic Director?

Are you freaking serious? Unfreakingbelievable.

See below.... I honestly think he was tricking people into saying out loud what I know I've been pretty clear on from the the start. Gary didn't do much wrong other than poor documentation. Lets keep in mind Fry, I think you and I have always been supporters of the staff as a rule, not necessarily KF, but the right for Iowa's coaches to do their job and not have to witnesses the constant, boorish, criticisms from the ill informed.

I say that to say this...I think you may genuinely care if Gary is or isn't the right person for the job (I think he is and don't care per se) but these others...they don't care about Gary, the AD as a whole or sexual discrimination...they just want an AD they think will fire KF. Thats it.

Last edited:
I suspect he was trapping you.....I may be wrong but I'd wager he was using subterfuge in pointing out in the grand scheme of things Gary Barta's part in this ended up being quite small. The real onus belongs to U of I, HR and legal counsel and the decision to go to trial, all of which would have been out of Gary's control...

He was trapping you into admitting out loud Gary was a very small player in this whole fiasco...

Well played 13, well played......

Are you attempting to talk about yourself in the 3rd person? Or does your lack of self-awareness keeping you from understanding which account you've signed in with?

Are you attempting to talk about yourself in the 3rd person? Or does your lack of self-awareness keeping you from understanding which account you've signed in with?

LOL...he got you friend, and I would think it is easy to find out who has multiple accounts and who doesn't. Not for me per se because I'm an IT idiot. I do suppose when you are desperate its a fair attempt to misdirect and take the focus off the fact he was putting you in a corner but....not really.

Reactions: thirteenandtwo
See below.... I honestly think he was tricking people into saying out loud what I know I've been pretty clear on from the the start. Gary didn't do much wrong other than poor documentation. Lets keep in mind Fry, I think you and I have always been supporters of the staff as a rule, not necessarily KF, but the right for Iowa's coaches to do their job and not have to witnesses the constant, boorish, criticisms from the ill informed.

I say that to say this...I think you may genuinely care if Gary is or isn't the right person for the job (I think he is and don't care per se) but these others...they don't care about Gary, the AD as a whole or sexual discrimination...they just want an AD they think will fire KF. Thats it.

Ohhhhhhhh . . . the old trick them into correctly identifying the incorrect facts posted by a boob trick.

Here's a trick you should play on everyone regarding all your future posts . . .

77e4eb1d158428c44c6225c21d7174ca_its-the-old-less-is-more-maxwell-smart-meme_450-337.png

Ohhhhhhhh . . . the old trick them into correctly identifying the incorrect facts posted by a boob trick.

Here's a trick you should play on everyone regarding all your future posts . . .

77e4eb1d158428c44c6225c21d7174ca_its-the-old-less-is-more-maxwell-smart-meme_450-337.png

Whoaaaa talk to him, he was the one boxing you in......

Lets review...he says Barta apparently picked the wrong lawyers...

You come along rather haughtily pointing out Barta wouldn't have had anything to do with the lawyers and viola..

His goal was insight, Barta didn't have much to do with anything outside of the documentation and even then HR would have been a part of that...

So yes he accomplished his goal I'd say...

Reactions: thirteenandtwo
Whoaaaa talk to him, he was the one boxing you in......

Lets review...he says Barta apparently picked the wrong lawyers...

You come along rather haughtily pointing out Barta wouldn't have had anything to do with the lawyers and viola..

His goal was insight, Barta didn't have much to do with anything outside of the documentation and even then HR would have been a part of that...

So yes he accomplished his goal I'd say...

Yes, let's review.

You said Barta hasn't really done anything wrong because HR should take the blame for his missteps . . . and a jury convicted him on all counts. In fact the U settled before the second trial because they knew they had a loser in Barta.

I would say you've boxed yourself into a box labeled "blind and dumb".

Yes, let's review.

You said Barta hasn't really done anything wrong because HR should take the blame for his missteps . . . and a jury convicted him on all counts. In fact the U settled before the second trial because they knew they had a loser in Barta.

I would say you've boxed yourself into a box labeled "blind and dumb".
remember Joel.... when you said Gary Barta should be fired because he
"Gives out lifetime contracts."

is it fair to say you believe Gary Barta should be fired for giving Kirk Ferentz a contract extension?

remember Joel.... when you said Gary Barta should be fired because he
"Gives out lifetime contracts."

is it fair to say you believe Gary Barta should be fired for giving Kirk Ferentz a contract extension?

Doesn't matter who . . .

No employee deserves a lifetime contract. And Barta has made other mistakes. Lickliter ring a bell? Speaking of remembering . . . didn't you say something about experiencing uncontrollable sobbing at the thought of KF retiring someday?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT