ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois @ Iowa early line

Wait for them to put the total too low , Illinois has a dangerous offense and a Defense with severe tackling issues. I think the under totals bubble bursts this week if it is under 38
Their offense was dangerous against IU's defense.
Bert will have them ready but we seem to be very, very, cohesive at the right time.

Wait for them to put the total too low , Illinois has a dangerous offense and a Defense with severe tackling issues. I think the under totals bubble bursts this week if it is under 38
38? You have been seeing our scores the last 5 weeks, correct? 38 might as well be 70.

Reactions: artradley
We had three points in the first half. We had 15 points until a late-game INT that gave the offense the ball inside the ten against a deflated opponent.

One not-terrible half isn't enough to make me optimistic.
Don't be a Debbie downer! Brian burned all of his Iowa gear and has gone to all black hoodies. Don't you see?? He's gone to the dark side and made a deal with the devil. There'll be no stopping him or the Iowa offense now!!

Illinois Defense has 2 good players Newton and Nicholson , they are bad tacklers and very undisciplined , Their offense can both score and turn the ball over , those are all formulas for hitting the over 30 . Much better chance at the over than the Rutgers and previous Games where NW and Rutgers had disciplined Defenses and tackle well. Both Teams have dangerous returners as well. . I made a medium play on the over.

We had three points in the first half. We had 15 points until a late-game INT that gave the offense the ball inside the ten against a deflated opponent.

Those are facts, but anyone who has watched Iowa football this year could see that the offense was the most in sync they have been all year, even in he 1st half. MSU, Purdue & Wisky games were bad, and Minny & NW were excruciating offensive performances to watch. This game was a giant leap forward, especially considering the quality of the opponent's defense. I expect the offense to look a lot more like the Rutgers game than those others for the remainder of the season

Those are facts, but anyone who has watched Iowa football this year could see that the offense was the most in sync they have been all year, even in he 1st half. MSU, Purdue & Wisky games were bad, and Minny & NW were excruciating offensive performances to watch. This game was a giant leap forward, especially considering the quality of the opponent's defense. I expect the offense to look a lot more like the Rutgers game than those others for the remainder of the season
I would agree. When you have to continually replace your best available option for an already very average offense it took a little time. I'm curious how many teams in the top 25 are on their back up QB and down their next two top offensive weapons from game one? It's one thing if you have to replace a player from year to year, it's another when you have planned around them and they are lost during the season.

Totally agree. Up until Rutgers, the offense has struggled in every game this year with the exception of Western Michigan. Consider the opener vs a really bad Utah State defense and Iowa can't reach 300 yards of offense, punts 7 times, averages 2.4 yards per rush, and only manages 24 points. It was a clear indication of how little the offense had progressed since last year.

I'm not as confident as you about what it will look like going forward, but last week was definitely different from what we've seen all year and I hope they don't send Kaleb Brown back to the bench.

I’m optimistic that the offense can play well enough to win another slugfest that is still largely carried by the D/ST.

My god what a murders row schedule 😂😂😂😂

Illini RB depth is non-existent. Had just 1 available vs MN (Feagin) and he was injured vs IU. They did get Reggie Love back and he had a nice game vs the Hoosiers, but considerable doubt if Feagin will be able to go.

Illinois Defense has 2 good players Newton and Nicholson , they are bad tacklers and very undisciplined , Their offense can both score and turn the ball over , those are all formulas for hitting the over 30 . Much better chance at the over than the Rutgers and previous Games where NW and Rutgers had disciplined Defenses and tackle well. Both Teams have dangerous returners as well. . I made a medium play on the over.
Nicholson is not very good. Newton is awesome.

Nebby fan taking a shot at Iowa's schedule is quite rich.
The @Dr.PhilSuess is such a douche. Guy who’s team got their asses handed to them by Colorado and can’t find a quarterback who doesn’t turn the ball over 1/3 of his plays. Oh, and spends more time on an Iowa message board than his own. Cool guy in real life I’m guessing.

I think we turned the corner on O. 😬😬
I'm hoping we did. I think we put up 31.
31-17 Hawks.
Prepare to be disappointed.
Just when you thought we turned a corner, reality will strike and we will see that the Rutgers game was a fluke. I expect the Hawks to come out and do absolutely nothing on offense again. We lose the game 13-6. The team will be booed as they leave the field on Senior Day.

And I really hope I'm wrong.

I would agree. When you have to continually replace your best available option for an already very average offense it took a little time. I'm curious how many teams in the top 25 are on their back up QB and down their next two top offensive weapons from game one? It's one thing if you have to replace a player from year to year, it's another when you have planned around them and they are lost during the season.
Spot on! If you take the starting QB and the two best options WR, RB or TE off of any team in the top 25. Their offense would look anemic.
Michigan for example: JJ, Corum and Wilson.
Do you think their still undefeated?

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
Yes Michigan would be undefeated. Edwards can do more things than Corum as proven by last years performance. Edwards is a much more versatile back. Both backs will make it in the NFL. Don't think Wilson caught a pass in the PSU game. Michigan has several other good receivers and two great thighs ends. Michigan has depth all around. Year in and year out depth is what separates the top teams from the occasionally good teams like Iowa. Just a fact.

Reactions: littlez

Agree.

I think we turned the corner on O. 😬😬
I'm hoping we did. I think we put up 31.
31-17 Hawks.
I still have to take the under. I hope I'm wrong and I pay $25 for the pleasure of seeing the offense be fun to watch. After the Ohio State game in 2017, I thought the offense would roll the rest of the season. Two losses later, we rolled a bad Nebraska defense.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Prepare to be disappointed.
Just when you thought we turned a corner, reality will strike and we will see that the Rutgers game was a fluke. I expect the Hawks to come out and do absolutely nothing on offense again. We lose the game 13-6. The team will be booed as they leave the field on Senior Day.

And I really hope I'm wrong.

Man I hope you are wrong. Unfortunately, we have seen this song and dance far too many times and I have a feeling you are not.

How anybody thinks we're going to get 31 points when the oddsmakers have the complete O/U at 30 is beyond me. We go out and score 22 and some of you are acting like these past 5 games w/Deacon didn't happen. I'd take 17 (please) because I don't think the Illini can score more than 10 unless we gift them some points w/a Deacon fumble or interception.

Spot on! If you take the starting QB and the two best options WR, RB or TE off of any team in the top 25. Their offense would look anemic.
Michigan for example: JJ, Corum and Wilson.
Do you think their still undefeated?
Yes. They would most likely be undefeated. People here act like 2nd and 3rd stringers can't perform. In many situations, the 2nd and 3rd stringers at places like Michigan are better than the starters at somewhere like Iowa. Kaleb Brown was a fifth stringer at OSU.

I would argue that there are many QB's that did not start the year as the 1 QB who are playing better than Cade did this year. People here keep forgetting that the Iowa offense was really crappy with Cade and Lachey and All out there playing. The Iowa offense didn't just get bad when these players weren't out there. That's just a fact.

And it's they're not their damn it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jo12208
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT