ADVERTISEMENT

*****Illinois vs Iowa Game Thread*****

I agree with everything you said. I just believe more than anything you wrote that having perkins on the team will prevent brock from playing. I have more faith that fran will do the wrong thing with playing time than the right. And for that reason, I'd rather take that option away from fran.

Brock is exciting to watch...offense moves much better with him in at PG....but he hasn't shown much of a 3pt shot and he isn't knocking down his creative shots in the lane . I think he'll get eaten up by really strong/athletic defenders when we face the top teams in NCAA. Harding needs to improve his shooting dramatically. Maybe Brock is exception to rule that tiny, white guards don't succeed. I know Purdue has a PG Braden Smith that has similar build to Brock and he's having a good year, but he has a giant on that team that requires double teams and frees up movement/shots for Braden.

I'm excited to see what Brock can do and also apprehensive. The memories of Todd Berkenpas and Troy Skinner haunt me.

Perkins, IMO, is definitely a bit of a headcase. When things go bad, he becomes emotional and presses even more only to become less protective (and I like TP). I guess I would be leaning toward him leaving and going outside the BIG for fifth year so BH can get more PT and find a portal guard. Of course, McCaffery will probably bring in a subpar guard.

Brock is exciting to watch...offense moves much better with him in at PG....but he hasn't shown much of a 3pt shot and he isn't knocking down his creative shots in the lane . I think he'll get eaten up by really strong/athletic defenders when we face the top teams in NCAA. Harding needs to improve his shooting dramatically. Maybe Brock is exception to rule that tiny, white guards don't succeed. I know Purdue has a PG Braden Smith that has similar build to Brock and he's having a good year, but he has a giant on that team that requires double teams and frees up movement/shots for Braden.

I'm excited to see what Brock can do and also apprehensive. The memories of Todd Berkenpas and Troy Skinner haunt me.
who can shoot taking 1.2 threes per game? he is at 32% the same % as josh ogelsby, who fran said was one of the greatest ever.
I have 100% faith that if he shot 4 threes a game his % would be higher. His shooting is a reflection of frans usage.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Perkins, IMO, is definitely a bit of a headcase. When things go bad, he becomes emotional and presses even more only to become less protective (and I like TP). I guess I would be leaning toward him leaving and going outside the BIG for fifth year so BH can get more PT and find a portal guard. Of course, McCaffery will probably bring in a subpar guard.
The odds of it being an upgrade over Tony are probably close to zero.

Tony was very good overall this year. Tony is not the problem, Frans need to play his son and forcing Tony out of position was the problem.

Reactions: Fan In Black
The odds of it being an upgrade over Tony are probably close to zero.

Tony was very good overall this year. Tony is not the problem, Frans need to play his son and forcing Tony out of position was the problem.
I agree. FM will do it again next year just not because of pmac if TP comes back. McCaffery often plays people out of position in his positionless game plan. JMO.

I agree and he will do it again next year if TP comes back.
If Patrick comes back for sure. Things might get ugly with the fan base if that happens.

Otherwise I think it's conceivable that you see a starting lineup of Brock, Tony, Josh, Payton and Owen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT