ADVERTISEMENT

In 4 years you won't have to vote again....

I think what Trump meant (albeit using ackward sentence structure) is that if he’s elected president in 2024, within four years he’ll have the major problems resolved so that it won’t matter who people vote for in 2028 (as there won’t be major issues to deal with then).

Not what he said.

"In four years you won't have to vote"
VS
"In four years it won't matter who you vote for"

You're defending fascism, Cletus.

If your mechanic tells you that you're almost out of blinker fluid, does it mean that you should buy some blinker fluid from him to fix the problem, or does it mean that he's FOS and you should probably find a new mechanic?
If he’s been my mechanic for a long time it’s because he’s always taken good care of my vehicle and he usually tops off the fluids at every oil change anyway. I always go to the Acura dealership and the service department is great.
If I need to doubt their recommendation then I’ve picked the wrong mechanic.
Now that we have the car stuff out of the way is there anything else?

With the SCOTUS we currently have in place, I'm not too sure we have the "checks and balances" you might think?

In fact, SCOTUS might be the most corrupt of them all.
You’re entitled to your opinions but I’m entitled to strongly disagree- and I do.

• Wow
Reactions: HawkMD
If he’s been my mechanic for a long time it’s because he’s always taken good care of my vehicle and he usually tops off the fluids at every oil change anyway. I always go to the Acura dealership and the service department is great.
If a politician tells you that an election is rigged, but then is able to present no evidence, yet persists in his claims of fraud, maybe you shouldn't consider giving that politician your vote. And you probably shouldn't trust other politicians that tell you that the fraudster is the right person for the job and give them your vote either.

And if your mechanic is charging you for blinker fluid, you should probably find a new mechanic.

For Dems, that reality is already here. Regardless of who the eventual nominee is, not a single Democrat will have have voted for that person in the 2024 primaries.
Why does this bother you guys so much? Only Republican crybabies are complaining. Democrats are excited about the change. Old slow Joe is gone and now you’re whining about how the Democrats are handling THEIR BUSINESS. Worry about your party with 2 sick individuals on the ticket.

Uhhh, I don’t disagree with you. At all. But my point is let this election get everyone to STHU and sit down.
They have moaned and groaned for four years and I’m tired of it like everyone else BUT them.
Right and everyone with an ounce of sense can see there was no corruption by the Democrats to steal the election. Hell on the same ballots that Trump wasn’t picked, down ballot Republicans were voted for. For some reason that fact AND 68 judges, many Republicans chosen by Trump, didn’t agree with Rudy and Donald. Where’s the logic with MAGA on any of that?

TL;DR Summary:

President Biden’s former communications director, Kate Bedingfield, addressed concerns that former President Trump’s recent comments implied he might end future elections if re-elected. Trump said at a Turning Point USA event, "In four years, you won’t have to vote again," which some interpreted as a threat to democracy.

Bedingfield clarified that Trump was likely referring to not being on the ballot again, not suggesting an end to future elections. She criticized the Republican Party for focusing excessively on Trump. Although some Democrats and commentators criticized her for downplaying Trump's threat, Bedingfield maintained that while Trump is a threat to democracy, the focus should be on effective messaging and winning the election. Other Democrats and anti-Trump conservatives supported her stance, arguing for diverse arguments against Trump.

The Biden campaign is exploring new strategies, with surrogates like Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz critiquing Republican positions on various issues.

The point is there is no such thing as blinker fluid so your mechanic would be conning you. Would you keep going back to a mechanic that tried to trick you?

I haven’t read all the posts here, but reasons I’ve read/heard for not voting for Harris has nothing to do with race or gender. Rather her ultra liberal voting record, lack of work in trying to secure our southern border, and the fact that her city of San Fran has been turned into a 💩hole…none of which inspire a lot of confidence in her.
You haven't seen any of the 20+ posts or subjects line saying she is a DEI hire because she is black and a woman??? Take off the glasses man. Now maybe the attacks are becoming a little more sophisticated in the last 24 hours, but in the first 2 days, that was effectively the argument. As to San Francisco, that is more than just 1 politician. However, if you want to take the longterm view, I think the real estate market has bottomed out and things may begin to improve here. It may take a while even a decade, but if I were to gamble on some real estate that would be 1 place I would be interested in.

TL;DR Summary:

President Biden’s former communications director, Kate Bedingfield, addressed concerns that former President Trump’s recent comments implied he might end future elections if re-elected. Trump said at a Turning Point USA event, "In four years, you won’t have to vote again," which some interpreted as a threat to democracy.

Bedingfield clarified that Trump was likely referring to not being on the ballot again, not suggesting an end to future elections. She criticized the Republican Party for focusing excessively on Trump. Although some Democrats and commentators criticized her for downplaying Trump's threat, Bedingfield maintained that while Trump is a threat to democracy, the focus should be on effective messaging and winning the election. Other Democrats and anti-Trump conservatives supported her stance, arguing for diverse arguments against Trump.

The Biden campaign is exploring new strategies, with surrogates like Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz critiquing Republican positions on various issues.

Team Biden had too many docile staffers.

Reactions: goldmom
Why does this bother you guys so much? Only Republican crybabies are complaining. Democrats are excited about the change. Old slow Joe is gone and now you’re whining about how the Democrats are handling THEIR BUSINESS. Worry about your party with 2 sick individuals on the ticket.

But they're not sick individuals to them....it's their people

Reactions: Tom Paris
If a politician tells you that an election is rigged, but then is able to present no evidence, yet persists in his claims of fraud, maybe you shouldn't consider giving that politician your vote. And you probably shouldn't trust other politicians that tell you that the fraudster is the right person for the job and give them your vote either.

And if your mechanic is charging you for blinker fluid, you should probably find a new mechanic.

Fvcking facts

Reactions: BrianNole777
The point is there is no such thing as blinker fluid so your mechanic would be conning you. Would you keep going back to a mechanic that tried to trick you?
I’m sorry - I mistook it for wiper blade fluid but regardless if we’re talking cars of course I know there’s no such thing as blinker fluid but it’s still not a great analogy.
Blinker fluid….🙄….damn.
Since I’m not voting for either candidate I’m not too concerned.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Paris
You don’t think Clarence Thomas is corrupt despite the gifts worth millions handed to him? You’re common sense says that’s not a big deal?
No. Can you list those gifts worth “several million” for me?
But I don’t think Sotomayor is corrupt either.
Oh, and it’s “your”.

Right and everyone with an ounce of sense can see there was no corruption by the Democrats to steal the election. Hell on the same ballots that Trump wasn’t picked, down ballot Republicans were voted for. For some reason that fact AND 68 judges, many Republicans chosen by Trump, didn’t agree with Rudy and Donald. Where’s the logic with MAGA on any of that?
Ask someone who’s a MAGA.

@RagnarLothbrok he's literally claiming he will fix the country so well that they can stay home/not vote in the future. It's a ridiculous claim but if you're making the mental leap to "he's a tyrant and never leaving office!" Then you have actual TDS (not the gay kind your mind went running to for some weird reason). He's a fossil already, and his age should be disqualifying in a sane world. Even if he intended to stay around forever that means maybe 6 years total lol. We Don't live in a sane world so we get ridiculous comments like this. Carry on with the pearl clutching though, ladies.
Actually, his literal words said nothing of the sort. When you say, "literally" in this sense, it means, "exactly." and he didn't say exactly anything you reported him to say.

Ask someone who’s a MAGA.
See. You don’t care. You SHOULD be able to answer that question. Do you think Democrats stole the election? Is Trump right or wrong? Are MAGAs full of crap just dismissing what the 68 courts are saying? Or in your opinion are Trump supporters using logic? Common sense? I mean, you voted with these clowns 2 times. Thank you for correcting me on “your”. I hate grammatical errors.

Please don’t act like you’re not paying attention. This has been discussed multiple times. Thomas is bought. Clearly. Would you like me to do Kavanaugh too?

Reactions: fsu1jreed

TL;DR Summary:

Why would Trump (or anyone else) "not being on the ballot then" mean "you wouldn't have to vote again"?

It is simply a nonsense backtracking here.

Why would Trump (or anyone else) "not being on the ballot then" mean "you wouldn't have to vote again"?

It is simply a nonsense backtracking here.
Don't ask me. Ask Biden's former communications director. It's her comments. I guess she's in Trump's camp now?

As I'd stated; they make zero sense.
They are simply trying to brush the comment off.
Maybe it beats trying to read into every.single.dribble (yes, dribble, not drivel) that comes out of his mouth. We spent, what, 4 pages trying to decipher if he said am or not a Christian. Of course, he claims he's a Christian...it's the whole darn platform of his campaign, but Lord forbid we go with what "makes sense" on this board.

It bothers them because they knew they had the race won, and now they're not so sure. They don't like it, so now they have to change their talking points.

It is what he said. I'm not "reading anything" into it.
What did it mean? Did he lay out a plan? If so, what is it? I thought Trump also has dementia, lies and has no clue what he's even talking about. Now he's going to remove the entire election process, despite the fact he'll be dead before a third term could even start.

• Haha
No. Can you list those gifts worth “several million” for me?
But I don’t think Sotomayor is corrupt either.
Oh, and it’s “your”.
Specific examples nof Clarence Thomas' gifts and their estimated values:

1. Trips to Crow's Private Resorts: Multiple trips to Crow's private lakeside resort, Camp Topridge, in the Adirondacks.
    • Value: Estimated at tens of thousands of dollars per trip.
  2. International Travel:
    • Bali Trip (2019): Luxury travel and accommodations.
    • Value: Estimated at $500,000.
  3. Private Jet Flights:
    • Numerous flights on Crow’s private jet.
    • Value: Estimated at tens of thousands of dollars per flight.
  4. Superyacht Cruises:
    • Cruises on Crow’s superyacht.
    • Value: Estimated at $500,000 to $1,000,000 per cruise.
  5. Additional Gifts:
    • Various other undisclosed gifts and benefits over the years.
    • Value: The cumulative value of these gifts, including luxury trips and other benefits, is estimated to exceed $1 million.
These undisclosed gifts have raised significant ethical concerns and led to calls for greater transparency and accountability within the Supreme Court.

Don't ask me. Ask Biden's former communications director. It's her comments. I guess she's in Trump's camp now?

She's entitled to her opinion, but I would like to know how she feels she is able to get inside trump's head (I didn't say mind, because he doesn't have one). Based on trump's history, I would have to say anyone who says that or thinks that is full of sheeeite.

It's like these people are being purposely naive
I'll ask you the same question. Why and How is he going to accomplish this off the cuff, dumb ass remark? I mean which is it, a maniacal master mind or a complete narcissistic buffoon? Personally, I'm going with the latter. Hell, you're not voting for him. Joe isn't voting for him and I'm certainly not voting for him. Those who were going to vote for him and have will always, nothing will change that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT