ADVERTISEMENT

In 4 years you won't have to vote again....

I'll ask you the same question. Why and How is he going to accomplish this off the cuff, dumb ass remark? I mean which is it, a maniacal master mind or a complete narcissistic buffoon? Personally, I'm going with the latter. Hell, you're not voting for him. Joe isn't voting for him and I'm certainly not voting for him. Those who were going to vote for him and have will always, nothing will change that.

It's what he fvcking wants to do, whether he's fvcking smart enough to do it IS FVCKING MOOT

It's what he fvcking wants to do, whether he's fvcking smart enough to do it IS FVCKING MOOT
I guess you give him way more credence than I do (or ever would). I guess I believe in our government much much more than I fear the orange twatwaffle.

For a sitting president to do away with the election process and permanently seat themselves as President, several major constitutional, legal, and institutional barriers would need to be overcome. Here’s a breakdown of what such an attempt would entail and the mechanisms in place to prevent it:

1. Constitutional Amendments:
    • The U.S. Constitution sets clear terms for presidential elections and limits the number of terms a president can serve (22nd Amendment). To eliminate the election process or make any president a permanent leader, significant amendments to the Constitution would be required. This process involves proposal by a two-thirds majority in both houses of Congress or a constitutional convention called by two-thirds of state legislatures, followed by ratification by three-fourths of the state legislatures or conventions.
  2. Legal and Political Institutions:
    • Congress: Congress holds the power of impeachment and removal. Any attempt by a president to undermine democratic processes or assume permanent power would likely prompt impeachment proceedings. The House of Representatives can impeach a president by a simple majority vote, and the Senate conducts the trial. Conviction and removal require a two-thirds majority in the Senate.
    • Judicial System: The judiciary, including the Supreme Court, plays a crucial role in upholding constitutional norms and laws. Any attempt to suspend elections or concentrate power would face legal challenges and judicial review. Courts could declare such actions unconstitutional and enforce compliance with the Constitution.
  3. Public and Institutional Resistance:
    • Public Opposition: In a democratic society, public opinion and civil resistance play a significant role. A president attempting to dismantle democratic processes would likely face widespread protests, civil disobedience, and organized resistance from citizens.
    • Military and Law Enforcement: The U.S. military and law enforcement agencies are sworn to uphold the Constitution. An attempt to consolidate power would likely be met with resistance from these institutions, which are generally committed to preserving democratic governance and may refuse to enforce unconstitutional directives.
  4. Political Mechanisms:
    • Elections and Political Processes: The political system includes multiple mechanisms for accountability, including regular elections, checks and balances among branches of government, and a free press. Any move to suspend or cancel elections would face severe legal, political, and social challenges. Political parties, media, and civil society organizations would mobilize to defend democratic norms and processes.
While theoretically a president might attempt to concentrate power or undermine democratic processes, the combination of constitutional safeguards, legal mechanisms, institutional resistance, and public opposition makes such a scenario highly improbable in the current U.S. political system.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawked and goldmom
I guess you give him way more credence than I do (or ever would). I guess I believe in our government much much more than I fear the orange twatwaffle.

For a sitting president to do away with the election process and permanently seat themselves as President, several major constitutional, legal, and institutional barriers would need to be overcome. Here’s a breakdown of what such an attempt would entail and the mechanisms in place to prevent it:

• The U.S. Constitution sets clear terms for presidential elections and limits the number of terms a president can serve (22nd Amendment). To eliminate the election process or make any president a permanent leader, significant amendments to the Constitution would be required. This process involves proposal by a two-thirds majority in both houses of Congress or a constitutional convention called by two-thirds of state legislatures, followed by ratification by three-fourths of the state legislatures or conventions.
    • Congress: Congress holds the power of impeachment and removal. Any attempt by a president to undermine democratic processes or assume permanent power would likely prompt impeachment proceedings. The House of Representatives can impeach a president by a simple majority vote, and the Senate conducts the trial. Conviction and removal require a two-thirds majority in the Senate.
    • Judicial System: The judiciary, including the Supreme Court, plays a crucial role in upholding constitutional norms and laws. Any attempt to suspend elections or concentrate power would face legal challenges and judicial review. Courts could declare such actions unconstitutional and enforce compliance with the Constitution.
    • Public Opposition: In a democratic society, public opinion and civil resistance play a significant role. A president attempting to dismantle democratic processes would likely face widespread protests, civil disobedience, and organized resistance from citizens.
    • Military and Law Enforcement: The U.S. military and law enforcement agencies are sworn to uphold the Constitution. An attempt to consolidate power would likely be met with resistance from these institutions, which are generally committed to preserving democratic governance and may refuse to enforce unconstitutional directives.
  4. Political Mechanisms:
    • Elections and Political Processes: The political system includes multiple mechanisms for accountability, including regular elections, checks and balances among branches of government, and a free press. Any move to suspend or cancel elections would face severe legal, political, and social challenges. Political parties, media, and civil society organizations would mobilize to defend democratic norms and processes.
While theoretically a president might attempt to concentrate power or undermine democratic processes, the combination of constitutional safeguards, legal mechanisms, institutional resistance, and public opposition makes such a scenario highly improbable in the current U.S. political system.
Do you really think any of this matters with this Supreme Court?

4. Political Mechanisms:
You wasted your time posting a whole bunch of stuff, Trump, The Heritage Foundation, Republican State Legislators, Republicans in Congress, and the SCOTUS could give 2 shits about. None of that matters to them. Trump said it. He thinks The Constitution gets in his way. Please tell us who stops him. They’ve learned from his first administration. Only Project 2025 yes people will be working for him. IF Republicans gain all 3 branches AND have the SC, The Constitution is over. They might ignore it just with him in power.

That ahole in charge of The Heritage Foundation sure feels like they have a plan that the Democrats won’t see coming. I don’t trust those evil people at all. They want power and aren’t going to stop until they claim it in the name of their Jesus.

Yes

How do you guys sleep at night while being gripped by so much fear? Sounds exhausting.
This is what gets me about a lot of people - they poo poo issues like these figuring there's no way they can happen simply because it is unlikely. It ignores the fact that if it does happen it's catastrophic. Why not prepare for the worst and do whatever you can to be sure it doesn't happen?

4. Political Mechanisms:

It came down to ONE man doing the right thing in 2020...one fvcking man, who was crucified for it by the rest of the GOP. So let's not act like it's not the whole party that also wants this

Last edited:
Couldn't tell ya. I haven't lived there in 24 years. See it all the time in the Bible Belt, though.

334261075_884747079457344_4737885669149566508_n.jpg

348s.jpg

p.s. Man, you had A LOT to say to A LOT of people tonight. Good for you. Glad you got it all out there. :cool:
Thanks man for setting me straight…guess I haven’t been through the Bible Belt lately. 😄

Reactions: alaskanseminole
If that's what he meant, wouldn't a new President be able to change the policies he put in place to "fix" everything thus still making it necessary to vote in order to keep his policies in place?
Why would a new candidate want to make wholesale changes to policies that are working for Americans? 😉

I feel for you. It must be exhausting the last 9 years defending the indefensible constantly. You do realize you can stop at any time though right? Just trying to help you out.
I’m not defending an individual or a candidate. I’m stating my opinions and I happen to think they’re based on common sense.
But I bet you can’t understand that can you?

You do realize that there are actually a lot of things you and others just don’t understand which is not my problem, though. Right?

Not what he said.

"In four years you won't have to vote"
VS
"In four years it won't matter who you vote for"

You're defending fascism, Cletus.
We can only hope some of these guys are just trolling to get their rocks off.

There’s nothing that can be said to anyone who actually believes the stupid shit being tossed around here.

Why would a new candidate want to make wholesale changes to policies that are working for Americans? 😉
I don't know why did Trump think he needed to change the policies of Obama's very successful popular Presidency, you tell me.

Reactions: Tom Paris
We can only hope some of these guys are just trolling to get their rocks off.

There’s nothing that can be said to anyone who actually believes the stupid shit being tossed around here.
Tell me you understand there are a lot of trolls on this board and let’s just say they ain’t here for their health.
Hope that doesn’t include you. You’re entertaining.

I’m not defending an individual or a candidate. I’m stating my opinions and I happen to think they’re based on common sense.
But I bet you can’t understand that can you?

You do realize that there are actually a lot of things you and others just don’t understand which is not my problem, though. Right?
Holy **** you are one delusional old broad. Which I guess isn't my problem though right? I'll just say good luck with all that.

Reactions: Tom Paris
You’re entertaining.
Lol. Well, I am used to entertaining 13 and 14 year olds, so I take comfort in knowing there are actually adults amused by me. 😝

And I don’t think I am a troll. But I guess I do troll some of the more obvious ones, so maybe a little.

🤷‍♂️

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Exactly. Whether he can make it happen or not doesn’t matter. The fact that he is inferring, saying, implying or whatever, matters. Nobody in the history of our country has behaved like this. F*ck him. He belongs in jail.

For a sitting president to do away with the election process and permanently seat themselves as President, several major constitutional, legal, and institutional barriers would need to be overcome.

You have a Court that will let him do it (absolute immunity)
A party that will allow him to fire most civil employees and replace them with lackeys who have "allegiance" to him.

No one thought it would happen in 1930s Germany or Hungary, either. Or even Russia, for that matter.
But it did

It came down to ONE man doing the right thing in 2020...one fvcking man, who was crucified for it by the rest of the GOP. So let's not act like it's not the whole party that also wants this

Who was NOT going to do it, until his own son reminded him of his Oath to the Constitution.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Have you given any attention to recent Supreme Court rulings? The majority is fully on board with a right wing dictatorship
Yes, authoritarian shifts have happened in history and no one thought they'd see it coming in places like 1930s Germany (response to Joe above). Howevr, like I said earlier, the U.S. system has built-in safeguards designed to prevent such extreme actions. Even with a court that might support him or a party willing to back him, there are checks and balances in place, such as Congress, state governments, and public opinion, that make it incredibly difficult for any president (even the Orange Monster) to dismantle the election process and stay in power indefinitely.

I actually asked AI to calcuate Trump's chances of pulling it off too.

Response: "political climates can be unpredictable, the chance of a sitting president successfully abolishing the election process and permanently staying in power is likely under 5%."

Regardless, I agree with @RollingBallofButcherKnives , I'd rather see him in jail and look forward to his next three trials.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT