ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting thoughts about signature verification in voting.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
With writing in cursive becoming a lost skill, I found this to be interesting. I know that my signature has changed since I first legally signed for something.

How the hell is a photograph any different from an iris scan or a fingerprint?

Off topic: I had to submit to a palm reading biometric identification to take my professional certification exam today. I joked with the lady about how "palm reading" has not been shown to be valid. She was not amused.

Railroad_Square_Art_Park_Palm_Reader.JPG

Reactions: The Tradition
The biggest problem is that the next election isn't for 2 more years... Over 600 days.

And the same people will complain about signatures, addresses and location just like they did this year.

I have still yet to hear 1 credible person who was not allowed to vote this cycle that was eligible...

On a side note... With all the early voting opportunities we have now. Mail-in voting should be very minimal and under very specific reasons.

Reactions: Gimmered
The biggest problem is that the next election isn't for 2 more years... Over 600 days.

And the same people will complain about signatures, addresses and location just like they did this year.

I have still yet to hear 1 credible person who was not allowed to vote this cycle that was eligible...

On a side note... With all the early voting opportunities we have now. Mail-in voting should be very minimal and under very specific reasons.
Im sure the same people will be complaining about it, because there will be little desire to fix something that keeps corrupt officials in power.
That you haven't seen one credible person not allowed to vote is a testament to your inability to challenge pre-conceived notions. 10 people could line up in front of you and give a first hand account of their experiences and you wouldn't hear them as being credible.

Off topic: I had to submit to a palm reading biometric identification to take my professional certification exam today. I joked with the lady about how "palm reading" has not been shown to be valid. She was not amused.

To be fair, few people find you amusing. ;)

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Are you one of the guys that thinks the Photo ID requirement suppresses the vote?
Photo IDs are totally worthless and easily defrauded, that is why I oppose them. A thumb scan I could live with.....but that too is not ‘fraud proof”,,,but the fraud would more likely be on the administrative side. And honestly, I don’t trust some states to run a fair election...there is a lot of history behind states like Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana and Mississippi.

Are you one of the guys that thinks the Photo ID requirement suppresses the vote?

I have no problem with voter ID if it’s absolutely free and readily available. In addition, commonly used documents that an ordinary person would have. Like utility bills and pay stubs. In addition, no exclusion of ID just because it’s something a Democrat would likely have, say a student ID.

Reactions: lucas80
I have no problem with voter ID if it’s absolutely free and readily available. In addition, commonly used documents that an ordinary person would have. Like utility bills and pay stubs. In addition, no exclusion of ID just because it’s something a Democrat would likely have, say a student ID.

Why wouldn't a college photo ID be accepted?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT