ADVERTISEMENT

Planet Fitness trans policy

Irrelevant query if you read and understood my post.
I read and understood your post.

My question is relevant to the OP, as I have clearly stated that is where IMO the crux of the debate lies (when is it acceptable for a biological male to use women’s facilities?) I have stated my position that a full transition should occur prior to usage of public facilities designated to women.

I am open to constructive dialogue on that particular question. However, anything beyond that, which is what this thread has primarily been comprised of to this point, is either bigotry or inane whataboutisms. Yes, I believe respecting transgender people is important; I also believe respecting women’s privacy and comfort are of equal merit. Hence my question/dilemma.

FTR, a simple “none of your business” would have been an appropriate response if that’s how you felt about the question. Rest assured, I understood your post and message.

Last edited:
Omg the horror! If seeing someone naked using the same restroom you've used your entire life is so traumatizing idk maybe don't go in the locker room?
Wow...it works like that too! With way less people having to deal with it. Good call!

I'm becoming more convinced everyday that outside of a few true believers most people have enough sense to know you don't let biological men into women's spaces.

The are a few who seem to be okay with it, or simply don't care, but I'm pretty sure even some of the people on here arguing it just do so out of boredom, trolling, or they're mentally ill too.

Here's a simple solution... just have all the trans and boys and men use one facility, and the girls/women use the other.

If you have a C&Bs or wish you did... you go with the men... If you have a vagina you use the women's room. If you only wish you had a vagina... you use the men's space.

My question is relevant to the OP, as I have clearly stated that is where IMO the crux of the debate lies (when is it acceptable for a biological male to use women’s facilities?) I have stated my position that a full transition should occur prior to usage of public facilities designated to women.

I am open to constructive dialogue on that particular question. However, anything beyond on that, which is what this thread has primarily been comprised of to this point, is either bigotry or inane whataboutisms. Yes, I believe respecting transgender people is important; I also believe respecting women’s privacy and comfort are of equal merit. Hence my question/dilemma.

FTR, a simple “none of your business” would have been an appropriate response if that’s how you felt about the question. Rest assured, I understood your post and message.
Sure doesn't seem you're interested in constructive dialogue. A lot of your posts are you demanding to know the gender of posters and then ignoring it when they indulge in your irrelevant demands.

I assume you believe OPs story about his GF is made up.

If one of your female students came to you and said they were uncomfortable changing with biological males in the locker room, would you dismiss her? You'd just assume her parents were republican and that's why she says she's not comfortable changing in front of biological males?

Sometimes it's not about politics.
Tom has very openly stated that he routinely has conversations with children that he knows would piss off their parents. There's no telling what he would say to that child tbh
I think it starts with the utter nonsense that they want to let the trans women feel comfortable and be allowed to use the bathroom of their opposite sex while completely disregarding the comfort of the 99.7% of all of the other women there.

Again, there's some shit that should be baked into the transition cake. "You want to become a woman? Great. Just be aware, until you are fully transitioned, you're a dude and will be expected to do dude stuff when it comes to sports and locker rooms. But pretty much everything else you can be a lady for. Are you sure you want to go through with this still?" How hard is it to have that conversation?
In general I agree, but transition surgery doesn't actually change your gender. I don't know how sterilizing yourself and removing your genitals would be "affirming" or "care" let alone actually change your genetics.
I think it's pretty clear that you're the one that "****ing nuts"
Nelly ducked out really quick after I pointed out that it was a minor girl being exposed to a naked adult man.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Which is a bad thing for democrats in the general election, they always side with the the trans movement infringing on women.
Compared to the Republican Party literally passing laws that take away women's body autonomy. One is a real thing, that isn't stopping and affects 180 million, and the other affects next to nobody. I am on the Republican side of the trans in sports issue but compared to ending Roe, it's nothing.

Compared to the Republican Party literally passing laws that take away women's body autonomy. One is a real thing, that isn't stopping and affects 180 million, and the other affects next to nobody. I am on the Republican side of the trans in sports issue but compared to ending Roe, it's nothing.
I’m not disagreeing, though many women are pro life. I’m saying more people are than black and white. It’s a hill the Dems choose to die on

Sure doesn't seem you're interested in constructive dialogue. A lot of your posts are you demanding to know the gender of posters and then ignoring it when they indulge in your irrelevant demands.
Demanding? Please.

And I must have missed those responses. Pardon me.

Reactions: goldmom
Apparently Planet Fitness is allowing members to use the restroom/locker room of their gender identity. Found out by a freaked out biological woman who walked in to the ladies room and a trans person was shaving his/her face. This person told her he/she is just starting to transition. My girlfriend is thinking about canceling her membership.

Hmmm…

I know. Cool story, bro. Thoughts?
Well, I missed this thread yesterday. Had I not, my response would have simply been.

here we go batman GIF

I'm guessing the numbers are not on your side and I think men in a womens restroom is about as dumb as it gets.
I don’t have a side.

I’m nonreligious.

It’s still ridiculous to peddle the idea these various Christian groups, Boy Scouts, or whatever are victimizing children at an alarming rate. Yes, it happens, along with horny female teachers and racist cops, but it’s not quite the epidemic some like to espouse, especially when it’s in the interest of serving more irrelevant whataboutisms.

And FTR, I have no doubt the number of e.g. clergy offending children is much higher than trans people sexually assaulting women. You know why? Because there are far more clergy members than there are trans women. Again, those statistics are not relevant or germane to the question of women’s rights to privacy and whether or not biological males should be excluded from using public facilities designated to women. If the OP was making some sort of claim that trans people are more prone to sexual misconduct than other groups, then perhaps bringing up the number of priests or youth pastors who have violated children would be relevant. To this discussion, however, it is not.

This isn't normal or safe and you know it. But you've been told how to respond by your party.
What isn't safe about it?

What isn't safe is being a young girl in a fundamentalist church. Where men take advantage of you and then it's blamed on the woman.

Trans people don't attack other women as a whole. Facts don't back up the idea they are unsafe.

Reactions: gohawks50
I sincerely wonder how you think one of these is just like the other.

I am open to constructive dialogue on that particular question. However, anything beyond that, which is what this thread has primarily been comprised of to this point, is either bigotry or inane whataboutisms. Yes, I believe respecting transgender people is important; I also believe respecting women’s privacy and comfort are of equal merit. Hence my question/dilemma.

I understand the crux of the dialogue. I respect women and their spaces, and I still find your question regarding my transition as irrelevant.

No one but me sees my genitalia in a women’s locker room or restroom. No one.

I understand the crux of the dialogue. I respect women and their spaces, and I still find your question regarding my transition as irrelevant.

No one but me sees my genitalia in a women’s locker room or restroom. No one.
If that’s you in your avatar, you can pass for a woman. That’s the point.

A guy shaving his face on the other hand…

I respect that you’re respectful. That doesn’t seem to be the case with everyone.

It’s still ridiculous to peddle the idea these various Christian groups, Boy Scouts, or whatever are victimizing children at an alarming rate.

After the Church scandals it came out that there were almost 93,000 claims from kids that were victimized in Scout groups. And that’s just the ones that came forward.

If that isn’t alarming I have no idea what is.

After the Church scandals it came out that there were almost 93,000 claims from kids that were victimized in Scout groups. And that’s just the ones that came forward.

If that isn’t alarming I have no idea what is.
One kid who has experienced that is alarming. But that wasn’t the point.

No, I wasn’t aware of that. I must not be meeting the right women.

• Wow
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok

Women pluck their faces over shaving for many, many reasons. the article was written with the narrative specifically in mind 😂 USA today hasn't been a valid source of unbiased news for a decade unfortunately (used to be a respectable paper)

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I don’t have a side.

I’m nonreligious.

It’s still ridiculous to peddle the idea these various Christian groups, Boy Scouts, or whatever are victimizing children at an alarming rate. Yes, it happens, along with horny female teachers and racist cops, but it’s not quite the epidemic some like to espouse, especially when it’s in the interest of serving more irrelevant whataboutisms.

And FTR, I have no doubt the number of e.g. clergy offending children is much higher than trans people sexually assaulting women. You know why? Because there are far more clergy members than there are trans women. Again, those statistics are not relevant or germane to the question of women’s rights to privacy and whether or not biological males should be excluded from using public facilities designated to women. If the OP was making some sort of claim that trans people are more prone to sexual misconduct than other groups, then perhaps bringing up the number of priests or youth pastors who have violated children would be relevant. To this discussion, however, it is not.
Are you unaware of the massive criminal and civil suits against the Catholic Church globally and the BSA in the US on this issue?

It’s staggering how much abuse was not only occurring, but actively covered up.

Reactions: BelemNole
Women pluck their faces over shaving for many, many reasons. the article was written with the narrative specifically in mind 😂
Did you actually read any of the 3 articles? It's not about plucking or waxing.

EXACTLY!!!!!! They aren't!! That's the point! One is HUGE!!! The other is mountain being made out of a molehill.
If you think the issue of trans in the wrong bathrooms is a "mole hill" then you won't mind if we put an end to the burrows I trust and say no outright? Is that your argument or were you just deflecting to something else entirely?

Women pluck their faces over shaving for many, many reasons. the article was written with the narrative specifically in mind 😂 USA today hasn't been a valid source of unbiased news for a decade unfortunately (used to be a respectable paper)
Oh come on Scruddy, I'm sure many of the "women" the libs on here are used to dating or are married to probably do have to shave their face.

I'm willing to bet more women have been wounded or killed in a mass shooting than harmed by a transgender person in a public bathroom or locker room, but this issue seems way more important to conservative posters.

Are you unaware of the massive criminal and civil suits against the Catholic Church globally and the BSA in the US on this issue?

It’s staggering how much abuse was not only occurring, but actively covered up.
Yes. It was about 5%—a staggering and embarrassing number for the Catholic Church. And I mean that sincerely. .000000005% would have been appalling.

The worst part of that was the coverup. Neither is forgivable, but you could maybe identify mental illness in some of the abuse cases. Covering it up was unadulterated evil and soulless.

Safer than church if you're a kid.
This is why Trump is currently close in the polls. Most reasonable Americans do see a problem with this and are tired of it and lot of the other ridiculous Crap Dems seem to support. If he wins, obviously it will be the Trumpers fault, but these trends will have had a hand in it too.

If that’s you in your avatar, you can pass for a woman. That’s the point.

A guy shaving his face on the other hand…

I respect that you’re respectful. That doesn’t seem to be the case with everyone.
Dude, you already said that you can almost always tell. You're all over the map.

This is why Trump is currently close in the polls. Most reasonable Americans do see a problem with this and are tired of it and lot of the other ridiculous Crap Dems seem to support. If he wins, obviously it will be the Trumpers fault, but these trends will have had a hand in it too.
If it wasn't trans it would just be some other made up issue like CRT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT