ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Band in Columbus

BioHawk

HR Legend
Sep 21, 2005
In the frustration of the on the field action Saturday you may have missed that the Iowa band was in Columbus Saturday. An unusual road trip for them since they usually seem to stay within bus riding distance. But what was even more unusual was they did a combined field show with the OSU band. According to Twitter (so it HAS to be 100% correct), this is the first time OSU has ever done this. I was wondering if anyone knows who knows who that got this to happen. Not only to get Iowa out there, but on the field with OSU.

Last edited:
In the frustration of the on the field action Saturday you may have missed that the Iowa band was in Columbus Saturday. An unusual road trip for them since they usually seem to stay within bus riding distance. But was even more unusual was they did a combined field show with the OSU band. According to Twitter (so it HAS to be 100% correct), this is the first time OSU has ever done this. I was wondering if anyone knows who knows who that got this to happen. Not only to get Iowa out there, but on the field with OSU.

I noticed this from the stands on Saturday but I was too distraught after watching our offense to care much. I did hear a few people comment that our band looks much better than the Iowa football team and that it appears they practice their execution quite a bit more. I kept watching for some of them to fall over or maybe drop their instruments and for the OSU band to catch them quickly before handing them back nicely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT