ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Northwestern postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you one of those idiots that thinks the only negative side effect of 'rona we should be concerned about is death? There are plenty of other adverse effects that can last years that we barely understand. We just need to ignore those and focus only on death?
No. The options should be okay the game(shouldn’t happen because of Covid exposure) or NW forfeits. It’s not in anyone’s best interest to reschedule when the schedules are already tight. NW needs to take the L.

Also, let’s stop the personal attacks. You wouldn’t say it to my face so let’s not do it here.

1/29 vs Rutgers
2/4 vs Illinois

Squeeze it in there
thats-what-she-said-what-she-said.gif

Not quite. Northwestern has 13 players on the roster. Two of them are walk-ons, and one of them was a walk-on who was given a scholarship over last summer because he is a valuable practice contributor and NU had an extra one to give. So NU has only ten true scholarship players. One of those, freshman Luke Hunger, is out for the season with an injury. That leaves nine true scholarship players. Depending on which players have COVID, it is possible that NU has between four and seven true scholarship players available.

If true then play the walk ons,.. they're members of the team also.

OK. On BTN they just said it will be re-scheduled "if possible". So that means NW could end up forfeiting it.
...and people are ignoring the fact that they can alter/adjust multiple games on the schedule (for both teams and other opponents) to accommodate a make-up date, if necessary.

Reactions: littlez
How many players DOES NU have who can play?

Let's get a 3-on-3 game going!!!
Iowa can sub-in and run them ragged over 40 min!!!!

If we're going to continue doing this covid dance, the conference needs to book a dead week between end of regular season play and the BIG 10 tournament...

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
This is exactly what happened several years ago when we were supposed to play Indiana. We had huge momentum and then the arena issue happened and we went downhill.
It’s all part of the conspiracy by the Big Ten to keep us down. 😏.

Reactions: 43Beels
Current Iowa schedule for February:
2/4 - Illinois
2/9 - @ Purdue
2/12 - @ Minnesota
2/16 - Ohio State
2/19 - @ Northwestern
2/22 - @ Wisconsin
2/25 - Michigan State
2/28 - @ Indiana

Leistikow had best look again,.. There is no make up date in February that makes sense for Iowa...
How are NBA players able to do back 2 backs amid an 82 game schedule, but its too daunting for college kids to do it once in a ~40 game schedule.

Reactions: Hawkdiver and KcTo
How are NBA players able to do back 2 backs amid an 82 game schedule, but its too daunting for college kids to do it once in a ~40 game schedule.

NBA players are professionals, playing at a level that most college players will never achieve,.. Next question.

It helps Iowa's Big Ten standings and that's it. It doesn't have any effect on tournament consideration.
Think it through logically. What is the committee supposed to record it as, a true Q2 win? What happens if this was a game for a team @Purdue and PU had the covid forfeiture? Do you really think that team should get the value of a road win against a top 5 team?
Now flip the shoes, if Iowa were in the position where they had a covid outbreak and were playing Minnesota and it forced a forfeit, do you really think the committee should assign that as a Q4 loss?
The most equitable thing is to just not count the game-that effects essentially 2 teams. If they count is as an actual win/loss for the 2 teams that has an effect on every single possible tournament team and bubble team.
if, If and buts were candy and nuts…..

in the end IOWA gets the 2-0 win at home and that it, the committee not going into your if’s this and if that scenario

If true then play the walk ons,.. they're members of the team also.
What if NU informed Iowa of the situation and said, "We can bring seven guys to your place to play the game, but those guys just spent two days in buses, meeting rooms, hotel rooms, and a locker room in close contact with the five COVID-positive guys during our road trip to Ann Arbor, from which we just returned. Do you still want us to come?" It is not outside the realm of possibility that Iowa would have declined to avoid exposing its own players when the team was in the midst of a winning streak.

The bottom line is that the vast majority of the folks calling for a forfeit here would be taking the opposite position if it were Iowa that had the COVID problem. There is no way that Iowa fans would want to blow the winning streak by forfeiting or by playing the game with half the team available.

The difference is ALL NBA team have same rigorous schedule.

here NWN is burdening Iowa unfairly to do it, with no other teams being similarly disadvantaged, does that make sense?

in the end IOWA gets the 2-0 win at home and that it, the committee not going into your if’s this and if that scenario
LOL. The committee has already stated several times they don't count forfeited games--we went through an entire season of games cancelled left and right. It literally would not be listed on the team sheet the committee looks at.

But sure, continue to tell me how the committee thinks King.

Reactions: Ree4
LOL. The committee has already stated several times they don't count forfeited games--we went through an entire season of games cancelled left and right. It literally would not be listed on the team sheet the committee looks at.

According to the Big Ten rules the game isn’t counted as a forfeit it’s counted as a win and a loss.

But you’ve nit detailed the missing component FROM CoVid or WITH CoVid.

my colleague recently had severe sepsis from a surgery and nearly passed, he tested positive for CoVid while in hospital care, his near passing from sepsis with CoVid is, not from CoVid, however that’s what the narrative here is leading us to believe. 100% of those that die WITH covid die FROM covid, and that’s simply not correct and is doin a disservice to all.
Just stop. These patients, in my hospital, their demise was because of it, not because of something else. Sure something else might have gotten the old fellow at some point, but not when it did. And, this wasn’t the case for the over 500 deaths and thousands of patients in my hospital since 2020. FFS sake we didn’t want any of this, we didn’t make anything up for any devious or perverse reason.

I don’t understand why this nuance you typed is a legitimate , or a reason to rationalize anything we’ve endured- we as in you, HC personnel, business, anyone. It was hell for everyone. The ‘talking point’ of - of vs with- is simply not constructive, or in most cases reality.

No one in HC is promoting lock downs, enjoys disruptions to our lives outside of work, or doesn’t wish it would go away- forever. Frankly one could argue we want it more than any to go away more than anyone else.

Yet, it remains a contagious reality of our lives, THANKFULLY no where near what it was. …and apparently a very unfortunate reality for the NW bb program at the moment.

It hopefully won’t rebound and get more virulent again. If it does, I’m concerned we are less prepared to deal with…not better.

None of us know how sick the people in NW program is, the implications for the extended networks of people in their program.

I am pretty confident bb coaches and cbb players at NW would prefer doing what they love…That is playing. Think of Kinnicks speech…‘I’d much rather….”.

It sucks for them, and sucks we won’t be entertained for a couple hours.

Frankly I wish we lived in a world where we prayed for them to get better, rather than basically try to discredit the situation and find the worst in it because of how it impacts ‘me’ and ‘what I want’.

In that vein….I’m glad your buddy recovered from sepsis and the Covid didn’t complicate it. Sincerely happy for you/him. Surviving sepsis alone is no easy task if it gets too far. We have outstanding physicians and people working in HC across the country…sadly we’d rather call them liars or data manipulators in this day and age.

Committee said that about 2023 Games?

Just stop. These patients, in my hospital, their demise was because of it, not because of something else. Sure something else might have gotten the old fellow at some point, but not when it did. And, this wasn’t the case for the over 500 deaths and thousands of patients in my hospital since 2020. FFS sake we didn’t want any of this, we didn’t make anything up for any devious or perverse reason.

I don’t understand why this nuance you typed is a legitimate , or a reason to rationalize anything we’ve endured- we as in you, HC personnel, business, anyone. It was hell for everyone. The ‘talking point’ of - of vs with- is simply not constructive, or in most cases reality.

No one in HC is promoting lock downs, enjoys disruptions to our lives outside of work, or doesn’t wish it would go away- forever. Frankly one could argue we want it more than any to go away more than anyone else.

Yet, it remains a contagious reality of our lives, THANKFULLY no where near what it was. …and apparently a very unfortunate reality for the NW bb program at the moment.

It hopefully won’t rebound and get more virulent again. If it does, I’m concerned we are less prepared to deal with…not better.

None of us know how sick the people in NW program is, the implications for the extended networks of people in their program.

I am pretty confident bb coaches and cbb players at NW would prefer doing what they love…That is playing. Think of Kinnicks speech…‘I’d much rather….”.

It sucks for them, and sucks we won’t be entertained for a couple hours.

Frankly I wish we lived in a world where we prayed for them to get better, rather than basically try to discredit the situation and find the worst in it because of how it impacts ‘me’ and ‘what I want’.

In that vein….I’m glad your buddy recovered from sepsis and the Covid didn’t complicate it. Sincerely happy for you/him. Surviving sepsis alone is no easy task if it gets too far. We have outstanding physicians and people working in HC across the country…sadly we’d rather call them liars or data manipulators in this day and age.

Committee said that about 2023 Games?
The committee has said multiple times in the past that they cannot consider games that aren't actually played. They don't need to come out and release a statement every year for something that's sort of obvious when you stop and think about it.

The only way a forfeit would benefit Iowa would be for B10 standing purposes. But Iowa is assuredly not in contention to win the conference, so who cares.

The committee has said multiple times in the past that they cannot consider games that aren't actually played. They don't need to come out and release a statement every year for something that's sort of obvious when you stop and think about it.
"Hey guys, it's travelling if you take 4 steps without dribbling the ball. We forgot to let you know at the beginning of the season so sorry about that but yeah, it's still the rule this season." -NCAA

To be fair, NBA players aren't managing an academic schedule in addition to the basketball. This is no doubt going to be an inconvenience for Iowa but man it's life. This stuff happens and I can't believe people are freaking out about it.

Uncle Joe told us if we get vaxxed we won't get the dreaded Vid.
Uncle Joe told us if we get vaxxed we won't get the dreaded Vid.

As of today the CDC website shows 101.5 million positive tests since 3/20, and we have roughly 330m citizens.

Overreact much?
No he didn't. Everyone should get the vaccine if not for themselves then for family or friends. If you get the vaccine shot and get another later on if you do happen to get covid you are much less likely to end up in the hospital. I've had 3 vaccine shots and been exposed multiple times and never gotten sick. I'm not sure why I'm wasting time on this.

No he didn't. Everyone should get the vaccine if not for themselves then for family or friends. If you get the vaccine shot and get another later on if you do happen to get covid you are much less likely to end up in the hospital. I've had 3 vaccine shots and been exposed multiple times and never gotten sick. I'm not sure why I'm wasting time on this.
Well, that explains a lot, no offense intended. You might want to do a little more research on covid vaxx.

COVID in the Northwestern locker room. Probably for the best with the weather coming in anyway.

From Iowa:
BS, you never want a postponement when you are on a 4-game winning streak facing a very winnable game at home. Now our next game is AT Ohio State, a very formidable task.

Well, that explains a lot, no offense intended. You might want to do a little more research on covid vaxx.
I have done plenty and have family that has medical jobs. Covid kills people and it can mess them up for life. I don't want to be the reason my mom or dad or anyone dies because i believed some nutty crazy garbage off the internet about covid or vaccines.

No. The options should be okay the game(shouldn’t happen because of Covid exposure) or NW forfeits. It’s not in anyone’s best interest to reschedule when the schedules are already tight. NW needs to take the L.

Also, let’s stop the personal attacks. You wouldn’t say it to my face so let’s not do it here.

The whole point of this place is to say things we wouldnt say to one anothers faces.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
How about we first stop calling it a damn vaccine. Below is the definition of vaccine....it's not a vaccine if people with the "vaccine" and 27 boosters are still getting Covid. IT'S NOT A VACCINE!!!!

vac·cine
[vakˈsēn]

NOUN
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease:

How about we first stop calling it a damn vaccine. Below is the definition of vaccine....it's not a vaccine if people with the "vaccine" and 27 boosters are still getting Covid. IT'S NOT A VACCINE!!!!

vac·cine
[vakˈsēn]

NOUN
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease:
If it's good enough for Trump, Biden, Obama, and Clinton it's goid enough for me. Honestly all it really took was my doctor telling me it would protect my parents. That's all i needed to hear or care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT