ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa recruiting thread.

Chittum has been wrestling 154 in FS and most have already said he will be at 149. I also not sure about anthony as he knows full well he could start next year at 157!

That seems unrealistic.

Chittum wrestled at 158.4. The 2023 Ranking Series tournaments were contested with a 2kg weight allowance for all weight classes. So, 72kg x 2.2 = 158.4.

If he couldn't make 147.4 once between the two RS events he attended, he's not making 149 twice a week for 5 months.

Reactions: hlstone
That seems unrealistic.

Chittum wrestled at 158.4. The 2023 Ranking Series tournaments were contested with a 2kg weight allowance for all weight classes. So, 72kg x 2.2 = 158.4.

If he couldn't make 147.4 once between the two RS events he attended, he's not making 149 twice a week for 5 months.
Couldn’t and didn’t want to are 2 completely different things.

5th place is worth 7, lose first round, win the next four on the backside, lose the match to go the third place match, win the fifth place match - would be 2 points.

So min of 9 points for each 5th place. Obviously would be more, bonus points, wins on the front side before being sent to the backside.

Minimum would be 90 points for 10 5th place finishes.
Thanks, I'm not well versed in tournament math. After watching for a decade I finally have a clue.

Thanks, I'm not well versed in tournament math. After watching for a decade I finally have a clue.

Generally speaking the points for all-American end up
1st - 16 points plus 4 advancement
2nd- 12 points plus 4
3rd - 10 points plus 3.5
4th- 9 points plus 3.5
5th - 7 plus 3
6th - 6 plus 3
7th - 4 plus 2.5
8th - 3 plus 2.5
Then bonus of course. If I messed that up, anyone can feel free to correct me.

Reactions: Sandor45
Some good news for you guys…not in stone or anything but my son is good friends with Anthony Knox. I asked him tonight who he wants to wrestle for and he said he loves Iowa. Would be a great get. Tough SOB

That being said. The father is all about the Ivys. I say the kid wins that argument
Is this some kind of psy op?
Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

Some good news for you guys…not in stone or anything but my son is good friends with Anthony Knox. I asked him tonight who he wants to wrestle for and he said he loves Iowa. Would be a great get. Tough SO

Is this some kind of psy op?
Willem Dafoe Smile GIF
He is a sophomore right? Love that he holds the Hawks in high regard. And he is a stud. But a long way to go til he would be official.

He is a sophomore right? Love that he holds the Hawks in high regard. And he is a stud. But a long way to go til he would be official.
Yes sophomore. Of course still a lot can happen but from what my kid told me he is all Iowa. Only possible issue is if his dad forces him Ivy. Kid wears Hawkeye stuff every time I’ve seen him around

I get that the Champ is the tourney winner - but to say that nobody cares about dual meets kind of belittles the attendance Iowa gets for duals.

Hyperbolic? Sure. But no one is still celebrating our dual wins in the seasons where PSU won the NCAAs. And the convo clearly wasn’t about duals.

Reactions: el dub
Yeah, I actually started posting here again with the new management and the message that trolls would be banned. Sadly, this board now looks like Mike Zierath is back at the controls. Some of us may not be around for long if it remains a playground for PSU shills with personality disorders.
I always appreciate your posts. Good stuff.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I'm not going to lie, it's pretty funny (and sad) watching this dork try to explain to Iowa fans why it's okay for him and the other PSU clowns to be insufferable douchebags on an Iowa message board. Their need to come here every single day to defend every negative thing said about their program just shows how insecure these guys really are.

I just wish @Eliot Clough would truly clean house and get rid of these trolls who bring absolutely no value to the board.
Slush is just trying to nice and respectful. Me, I post here because I want to. I don't call anybody names, I just make fun of the silly bullshyt that gets posted here.

Reactions: WrestlingFan1991
I think if your entire team finished at 5th place you'd probably win it all as long as no one averaged better than that.
5 is a solid placing .
With 12 bonus points and 10 5th place finishers the team scores about 117 points. Still second place.
With that said, the Hawks aren't getting 10 AAs anytime soon. A finalist with 5 other AAs is a pretty sold Hawk performance. No real reason to expect a sudden up tick in team performance.

Why not? You pukes expect better performances every year. I know your nose is turned up in the air to avoid the cow shit but who doesn’t have high expectations for their team?

With 12 bonus points and 10 5th place finishers the team scores about 117 points. Still second place.
With that said, the Hawks aren't getting 10 AAs anytime soon. A finalist with 5 other AAs is a pretty sold Hawk performance. No real reason to expect a sudden up tick in team performance.
I'm only talking a hypothetical, meaning a solid AA by all your wrestlers should have you in the mix. I picked 5th place just as a guess and example.

Reactions: nitlion6
Is it? I'd argue its a rare scenario. And the gap is so large between them and the rest of the field, and they have so much depth, it would take a fairly unreasonable number of injuries for them to come back to the field.

Oh? We're all ears if you have info.
You said "no realistic way" and I gave you a way. Rare or not, injuries can and do happen. All it would take is for one or two of their top guys (see Lee, Kem, Marinelli) for an example(s) of how it can and did take a likely championship away from Iowa. Injuries don't have to be season ending to have an affect on the outcome.

I'm only talking a hypothetical, meaning a solid AA by all your wrestlers should have you in the mix. I picked 5th place just as a guess and example.
New levels of ball licking. 2 Ped State fans come to the Iowa board to have a conversation. Epic penis envy!

Reactions: IRONBIRD and MVPFAN
You said "no realistic way" and I gave you a way. Rare or not, injuries can and do happen. All it would take is for one or two of their top guys (see Lee, Kem, Marinelli) for an example(s) of how it can and did take a likely championship away from Iowa. Injuries don't have to be season ending to have an affect on the outcome.

Yeah--if 2 of their studs at weights were they don't have quality backups in the program go down, then Iowa has a slight chance. You really nailed it.

Yeah--if 2 of their studs at weights were they don't have quality backups in the program go down, then Iowa has a slight chance. You really nailed it.
I didn't try to "nail" anything. Just disputing your "no realistic scenario" comment. If you don't like it, then phrase your words better. It was a little too Smalls like. Carry on.

You all are FOOLS if you don't believe IOWA can win it next year! Matter of fact I would love for you to explain why you feel this way?

Ayala
Nagao
Woods
Chittim
Ferrari
Kennedy
Brands
Assad
AJ
Cass

Go ahead and explain!?!??! Only thing I have heard is maybe some do not feel this will be our lineup. Guessing the biggest question right now would be AJ obviously. Also you may think that the weights for some are not possible?

That line up in my opinion would be favored though and is what I expect to see at NCAAs!

You all are FOOLS if you don't believe IOWA can win it next year! Matter of fact I would love for you to explain why you feel this way?

Ayala
Nagao
Woods
Chittim
Ferrari
Kennedy
Brands
Assad
AJ
Cass

Go ahead and explain!?!??! Only thing I have heard is maybe some do not feel this will be our lineup. Guessing the biggest question right now would be AJ obviously. Also you may think that the weights for some are not possible?

That line up in my opinion would be favored though and is what I expect to see at NCAAs!

For one, AJ is more likely to be in jail than wrestling for Iowa next year. And for two, even with AJ, PSU has more higher Projected finishers.

Ayala
Nagao
Woods
Chittim
Ferrari
Kennedy
Brands
Assad
AJ
Cass

Just don't see a Ferrari in the lineup next season.

Ayala
Nagao
Woods
Chittim
Ferrari
Kennedy
Brands
Assad
AJ
Cass

OK. This is what I have for Iowa vs PSU:

Ayala vs. Howard (PSU)
Nagao vs. Cannon (tie; Cannon beat Nagao 7-2 last meeting)
Woods vs. Bartlett (Iowa)
Chittim vs. Van Ness (PSU)
Ferrari vs. Haines (PSU)
Kennedy vs. Facundo (Iowa)
Brands vs. Starocci (PSU)
Assad vs. Truax (PSU)
AJ vs. Brooks (PSU)
Cass v. Kerk (PSU)

Yeah... I don't see what you're seeing.

Ayala vs. Howard (PSU)
Ferrari vs. Haines (PSU)
Assad vs. Truax (PSU)
AJ vs. Brooks (PSU)
Cass v. Kerk (PSU)

Ayala is better than Howard and Chittum has a good chance against Van Ness.

Ayala vs. Howard (PSU)
Ferrari vs. Haines (PSU)
Assad vs. Truax (PSU)
AJ vs. Brooks (PSU)
Cass v. Kerk (PSU)

Howierd is not beating Ayla! Be lucky if it is not BONUS for Iowa

Nagao will beat cannonball IF F*** st gets him too? Nagao took KYBJelly to the limit and will be much better after working with the HAWKS!!!

Woods correct

Chittum I would not bet the farm if I was you!!! I will take our guy here!

Ferrari #1 is going to surprise people I believe.

Kennedy yes

Brands correct but you only get 3 from stalling starfish!

Assad I am hoping can be healthy? That being said, I do not see BabblingBrooks going up, I will give you the weigh

AJ will win against whom ever!!!

Cass correct although I hope he goes on the SH*T like your guy and turns the tables back to us!

Know what I'm seeing? Someone who took the bait.
What Bait, make your statement for how you see it!?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: NitFan53
Howierd is not beating Ayla! Be lucky if it is not BONUS for Iowa

Nagao will beat cannonball IF F*** st gets him too? Nagao took KYBJelly to the limit and will be much better after working with the HAWKS!!!

Woods correct

Chittum I would not bet the farm if I was you!!! I will take our guy here!

Ferrari #1 is going to surprise people I believe.

Kennedy yes

Brands correct but you only get 3 from stalling starfish!

Assad I am hoping can be healthy? That being said, I do not see BabblingBrooks going up, I will give you the weigh

AJ will win against whom ever!!!

Cass correct although I hope he goes on the SH*T like your guy and turns the tables back to us!

What Bait, make your statement for how you see it!?!?!

Howard was I believe a higher ranked recruit than Drake. Given his injury situation and my expectations for Drake I expect Drake to win but it's not like Howard is on the same level as Steen.

Iowa recruiting thread that has devolved into predictions of an Iowa/Penn St. dual.
Something different? Frustrating.

Penn St fans. Either stay on topic of said thread or GTFO. (Little good that will do)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT