ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

Blum thinks this is a bubble team next year if Hunter is as good as advertised.

That's extremely optimistic but that's who he is.

Hunter was just the MVP of the Iverson tourney which included a lot of the top players in the country. There is a lot to be excited about with him.

I think the point is that having a less than stellar record at a previous stop doesn't disqualify you from going on to better things.

Obviously Ferentz was a good coach to go from Maine (even with a 12-21 record) to the NFL.

Maybe, just maybe TJ will go on to better things at ISU. Time will tell.

HerkyFan + others will copy + paste something about "clowns", "no NCAA wins", $10M, and "drinking buddies". Thats fine. Underneath their middle school insults lie a touch of fear + jealousy.

Actually my point has been that clown fans go on and on and on and on and on about how bad Fran sucks when he hasn’t taken a team into the second weekend of the tournament and now isu pays $10m to hire a coach who can’t win a single game in the NCAA tournament. But all of a sudden clown fans don’t want to talk about NCAA wins. It is just “magical”.

The ability of clown fans to pick and choose what counts sometimes and then not others is un-matched. Point and laugh.

Oops I used the term “clown fans” and the isu fans that are afflicted with dangerously thin skin will get all worked up over it.

Last edited:
Look, neither of us is going to win this debate until we know 3-4 years from now, unless something drastic in either direction happens this upcoming season or next season.

Like I said, I like the hire.

But, hell, I live in Milwaukee and I thought the Bucks were nuts to draft Giannis...

I think you're confusing what I'm actually debating. My points were these:

1. He was a homer hire who didn't have a resume you'd typically see a P5 school accepting. If he wasn't previously on the ISU staff the ISU fanbase would be irate.

2. This was not at all comparable to Iowa hiring KF, a coach with 6 years in the NFL before Iowa.

Neither of these statements require 3-4 years to confirm.

Reactions: HerkyFan
That's extremely optimistic but that's who he is.

Hunter was just the MVP of the Iverson tourney which included a lot of the top players in the country. There is a lot to be excited about with him.

Why do ISU fans always embellish? He wasn't the MVP of the tournament. He was the losing team's MVP.

Maybe he'll be a solid player but I also recall many ISU fans mocking Keegan Murray who actually was a tournament MVP of the national prep school tournament including players like Kenyon Martin Jr., now with the Houston Rockets.

I think you're confusing what I'm actually debating. My points were these:

1. He was a homer hire who didn't have a resume you'd typically see a P5 school accepting. If he wasn't previously on the ISU staff the ISU fanbase would be irate.

2. This was not at all comparable to Iowa hiring KF, a coach with 6 years in the NFL before Iowa.

Neither of these statements require 3-4 years to confirm.

Fair enough. But you're tone suggests he'll be a failure.

We don't know that yet.

In regard to #1...Homer hires happen all the time. That's nothing new. And, there's more than past record to the equation...look the school one state west of us in football...and basketball. Both homer hires with some pretty good success, and the hoops coach with NBA pedigree. How are they working out so far?

In regard to #2...KF was an OL coach. There was a huge unknown when he was hired, just like there is with TO. Tell me Iowa fans were all gah gah at getting an NFL OL coach who had a pretty abysmal record at small time college U before that time. But it worked out.

We don't know that yet.

In regard to #1...Homer hires happen all the time. That's nothing new. And, there's more than past record to the equation...look the school one state west of us in football...and basketball. Both homer hires with some pretty good success, and the hoops coach with NBA pedigree. How are they working out so far?

In regard to #2...KF was an OL coach. There was a huge unknown when he was hired, just like there is with TO. Tell me Iowa fans were all gah gah at getting an NFL OL coach who had a pretty abysmal record at small time college U before that time. But it worked out.

Kirk Ferentz was the offensive coordinator and associate head coach of the Ravens the year before he left for Iowa. Let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument though.

You keep pointing to the total record without context in his time at Maine 7 years before his Iowa hire. The context is he inherited a bare cupboard much like he later would in his first year at Iowa. He started 3-8 and finished 6-5. He didn't inherit an All American in a sport with 5 starters or go backwards over two years in record. That whole argument is idiotic anyway. He spent half a decade coaching professionally before he came to Iowa. That's as dumb as debating how well TJ did coaching high school well before ISU hired him.

We don't know that yet.

Why do clown fans say Fran sucks because he can’t get a team to the second weekend but are A OK and “excited” about a coach that has yet to win a single NCAA Tournament game?

Cy Rails and Anon have been very objective from a Clone slant. Which is totally fair and appreciated at least by me. I will say calling Chris Williams a journalist is a joke. 2 summers ago when Williams on the air said he “as a journalist” was going to do a “deep dive” into Iowa race issues was the biggest joke ever. He runs a website that is anti-Iowa for which he profits. Does anyone think his “deep dive” would ever be objective? Williams and CF are already in a world of hurt for money do people think he would drive down traffic by saying “his objective Analysis as a journalist” showed no race issues? Williams is no closer to a journalist than Colin Cowherd or Jim Rome.

Cy Rails and Anon have been very objective from a Clone slant. Which is totally fair and appreciated at least by me. I will say calling Chris Williams a journalist is a joke. 2 summers ago when Williams on the air said he “as a journalist” was going to do a “deep dive” into Iowa race issues was the biggest joke ever. He runs a website that is anti-Iowa for which he profits. Does anyone think his “deep dive” would ever be objective? Williams and CF are already in a world of hurt for money do people think he would drive down traffic by saying “his objective Analysis as a journalist” showed no race issues? Williams is no closer to a journalist than Colin Cowherd or Jim Rome.

"Objective from a clone slant" must be a low bar when it includes the following:

Comparing a MWC coach's experience to the associate HC of the Baltimore Ravens.

Arguing that said OC/AHC was "just an OL coach."

Arguing that taking a team in year 1 from 3-8 to 6-5 in year 3 is a bad thing because it's easier just to slant the argument by pointing out the total over a 3 year period without context.

Embellishing tournament MVP from a team MVP.

Yep, otherwise pretty objective.

Blum thinks this is a bubble team next year if Hunter is as good as advertised.
Here is what Blum said going into this past season.

"The talent on this year’s roster should be upgraded from a year ago. That should be evident, but look forward to seeing that on the floor."

• Love
Reactions: TrianglePlace

"The talent on this year’s roster should be upgraded from a year ago. That should be evident, but look forward to seeing that on the floor."

tenor.gif

Funny how the clowns then went out and went 2-22 with better “talent”.

But really they are just “journalists” that don’t know anything about college football or basketball I guess.

"Objective from a clone slant" must be a low bar when it includes the following:

Comparing a MWC coach's experience to the associate HC of the Baltimore Ravens.

Arguing that said OC/AHC was "just an OL coach."

Arguing that taking a team in year 1 from 3-8 to 6-5 in year 3 is a bad thing because it's easier just to slant the argument by pointing out the total over a 3 year period without context.

Embellishing tournament MVP from a team MVP.

Yep, otherwise pretty objective.

Tell you what.

To get you off your pedestal, I'll bow down, and say Kirk Ferentz was the second coming of God, and TJ is as bad as hiring the janitor from the worn down convenience store a few blocks from Hilton.

And, I'll cancel any plans to watch ISU hoops over the next few years because jon55 has told me repeatedly that we are going to be bottom of the barrel in the Big 12 for the foreseeable future.

There, jon...you won today's debate. You have proven to me that you are smarter than Jamie Pollard.

Happy?

Tell you what.

To get you off your pedestal, I'll bow down, and say Kirk Ferentz was the second coming of God, and TJ is as bad as hiring the janitor from the worn down convenience store a few blocks from Hilton.

And, I'll cancel any plans to watch ISU hoops over the next few years because jon55 has told me repeatedly that we are going to be bottom of the barrel in the Big 12 for the foreseeable future.

There, jon...you won today's debate. You have proven to me that you are smarter than Jamie Pollard.

Happy?

Pollard is such a financial “genius” that he spent $10m to get a coach with ZERO NCAA TOURNAMENT wins.

But clown fans don’t care. They love him and the hire anyway and will ignore anything to the contrary.

Tell you what.

Happy?
Does intentionally misrepresenting everything I said make you happy?

Tell you what.

Happy?
Actually been on your side as you can see on this. I think TJ can recruit. After that we shall see. I do think comparing coaches based upon what they inherited or how they want to run a program is just dumb. Plus, times are different. On KF and FM (who is not my favorite), they weren’t left with much but had time. I personally think both MC and TJ have or will have a similar situation. MC has been great (now we shall see after this year) and TJ once again who knows. Rail amd Anon I have generally agreed with you guys on this.

Reactions: CyRail
Why do clown fans say Fran sucks because he can’t get a team to the second weekend but are A OK and “excited” about a coach that has yet to win a single NCAA Tournament game?
Dude a lot of ISU fans still hate the hire but are just behind it to support the team. Your on CF enough you should have seen the utter melt down on there after TJ was hired.

Dude a lot of ISU fans still hate the hire but are just behind it to support the team. Your on CF enough you should have seen the utter melt down on there after TJ was hired.

Actually all I see on cryclown fanatic is how awesome TJ is, how lucky isu is to have Pollard while obsessing over how bad all of Iowa’s coaches are regardless of sport.

The little brother syndrome is striking. Don’t ever change clown fans.

Actually all I see on cryclown fanatic is how awesome TJ is, how lucky isu is to have Pollard while obsessing over how bad all of Iowa’s coaches are regardless of sport.

The little brother syndrome is striking. Don’t ever change clown fans.
Well here you go.

Well here you go.

You mean like this one?

Must Ignore

Now how many of the “little brother” threads do you want me to link from cry-clown fanatic? 1, 5, 10 or 50? The thousands of little brother posts from clown fans really is striking.

Or tell me again tell how none of that counts.

Disagree there was a meltdown. Definitely some who weren't impressed or excited, but not a meltdown.

I had my concerns, but after the past few weeks, am now excited for the upcoming season.

What would have been your solution for ISU? Again, get D1 head coach who's out of a job, or moving jobs, and you might have someone who--if successful--bales in 4-5 years.

I've owned a business for 10 years, before that was President for a good 20 years. One thing I learned early and haven't deviated from--hire people you trust and like. That, in Jamie's eyes, is TJ.

Reactions: bozotheclown
Disagree there was a meltdown. Definitely some who weren't impressed or excited, but not a meltdown.

I had my concerns, but after the past few weeks, am now excited for the upcoming season.

What would have been your solution for ISU? Again, get D1 head coach who's out of a job, or moving jobs, and you might have someone who--if successful--bales in 4-5 years.

I've owned a business for 10 years, before that was President for a good 20 years. One thing I learned early and haven't deviated from--hire people you trust and like. That, in Jamie's eyes, is TJ.
I liked the hire. You don't need to convince me. There were just a lot of Cyclone Fans that were not happy about the hire even tho HF made it sound like it was all hearts and rainbows in Cyclone Land for TJ.

You mean like this one?

Must Ignore

Now how many of the “little brother” threads do you want me to link from cry-clown fanatic? 1, 5, 10 or 50? The thousands of little brother posts from clown fans really is striking.

Or tell me again tell how none of that counts.
God damn man. People liking what he is doing recruiting does not change the fact there are other people he hated the hire and still do. There are a good number of fans that question him as an in game coach. Linking a thread about what everyone knows he is good at and applauding him for it is an easy piece of "evidence" for your claim but you're going to ignore the actual thread about when he was hired.

God damn man. People liking what he is doing recruiting does not change the fact there are other people he hated the hire and still do. There are a good number of fans that question him as an in game coach. Linking a thread about what everyone knows he is good at and applauding him for it is an easy piece of "evidence" for your claim but you're going to ignore the actual thread about when he was hired.
As expected we must interpret clown fan threads and posts only the way clown fans tell us to.

How many of the “little bro” threads on cryclown fanatic do you want me to post so you can tell us exactly how isu fans aren’t as I describe them? 1, 5, 10 or 50?

This will be so much fun. Or run away and hide which is how clown fans usually react.

As expected we must interpret clown fan threads and post only the way clown fans tell us to.

How many of the little bro threads on cryclown fanatic do you want me to post so you can tell us exaclty now isu fans aren’t as I describe them? 1, 5, 10 or 50?
I can link as many as you if you want to play that game. Hell I can post links from Twitter, 247, Facebook, Instagram, and reddit backing up what I'm saying too of you want to go down that road. I'm not gonna sit here and say every ISU fan was or is against the hire. But for you to sit and say they were all for it and still are is asinine.

I can link as many as you if you want to play that game. Hell I can post links from Twitter, 247, Facebook, Instagram, and reddit backing up what I'm saying too of you want to go down that road. I'm not gonna sit here and say every ISU fan was or is against the hire. But for you to sit and say they were all for it and still are is asinine.
So again I will ask how many Iowa obsessed “little bro” syndrome threads and posts do you want me to link that proves isu fans are exactly as I describe them?

Start here?

I can find 1, 5, 50, or probably a 100 more if this doesn’t count. This will be fun.

So again I will ask how many Iowa obsessed “little bro” syndrome threads and posts do you want me to link that proves isu fans are exactly as I describe them?

Start here?

I can find 1, 5, 50, or probably a 100 more if this doesn’t count. This will be fun.
I thought we were talking about fans and how they felt and feel about the TJ hiring?

You mean that incoherent garbage you say in every post? Dude it's just not me. Nobody every knows that the hell you're trying to say.
So again how many threads do you want me to link to prove clown fans are just as I describe? 1, 5, 10, 50 100 or more? They are all right there in cryclown fanatic.

HerkyFan, why do you need to "prove" anything? It's a message board full of anonymous opinions. Do you really care? My only issue on this board is the childish name-calling. It's my never-ending + futile attempt to make the world a kinder place. Take my opinions or leave them, but avoid the middle school-esque name-calling. Seems reasonable to me.

HerkyFan, why do you need to "prove" anything? It's a message board full of anonymous opinions. Do you really care? My only issue on this board is the childish name-calling. It's my never-ending + futile attempt to make the world a kinder place. Take my opinions or leave them, but avoid the middle school-esque name-calling. Seems reasonable to me.
I don’t need to prove anything. Clown fans and the isu culture prove itself daily on cryclown fanatic. Hey stender do you post the same outrage for the behavior you disdain on cryclown fanatic or do you save it all for this site?

I don’t need to prove anything. Clown fans and the isu culture prove itself daily on cryclown fanatic. Hey stender do you post the same outrage for the behavior you disdain on cryclown fanatic or do you save it all for this site?
You are consistent 😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT