ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

So the HC brought in all the shitty transfers and the assistant who is now the HC brought in all the good transfers? Makes sense.
The shitty transfers you speak of came in under Prohm. TJ was an assistant for one year under Prohm. Not sure if we even brought any transfers in that first year with Prohm considering the talent Hoiberg left behind. The good ones I listed came in under Fred and TJ as Associate Head Coach. Yes it does make sense.

The shitty transfers you speak of came in under Prohm. TJ was an assistant for one year under Prohm. Not sure if we even brought any transfers in that first year with Prohm considering the talent Hoiberg left behind. The good ones I listed came in under Fred and TJ as Associate Head Coach. Yes it does make sense.
No. None of the BS you’re spewing makes sense.

We heard all preseason last year about how great your incoming freshmen were and then none of them, including Foster, helped the team win games. Now, they're gone so seeing any development won't occur. I agree with you about Prohm being a lousy end of game coach. And just for the record, you are predicting an above .500 season?
10-12 win improvement puts us at something like 13-16, depending how many games played.

.500 would be about as high as I’d predict. But very hard to predict w all the moving pieces.

And I don't expect any ISU players to rise to All Conference next year, or heck even second team All Conference. Maybe a third teamer.

For us to be successful, we'll need some players to exceed expectations...which isn't unheard of.

And, we'll need team play, which I do expect under TJ.

Our coaching flat out sucked the past couple of years, at least IMO. Terrible inbound plays in crucial situations. Terrible plays at end of half/games. Terrible timeouts when we had momentum. One on one efforts far too often. Shot clock running out and heaving a shot. Outrebounded.

I have to believe each of those areas will improve next season under TJ. Those alone should be good for 6-8 W's. Throw in what I believe is an improved roster, and we'll see 10-12 W improvement.

Time will tell.
Wth has TJ proved as an in-game coach? My god he was not good at UNLV. To think he is going to get you 6-8 wins because of inbound plays? Isn’t the knock on him is that he isn’t an X and O’s guy?

Wth has TJ proved as an in-game coach? My god he was not good at UNLV. To think he is going to get you 6-8 wins because of inbound plays? Isn’t the knock on him is that he isn’t an X and O’s guy?
No see we need to pick and choose what facts do and don’t count for the delusions of clown fans to be valid. The clowns are going to go from 2 wins to be around .500 because clown fans say so .

Anything that doesn’t fit their delusions must be ignored. Nothing will convince clown fans differently. Of course next year at this time they will be full of excuses as to why isu didn’t live up to their expectations and how exciting it is for their latest set of transfers and how they will definitely make them a tourney team.

ISU fans think Kalscheur is a great get out of the portal.

He shot 24.5% from 3 last year on over 5 attempts per game. For his career he is a career 37.6% shooter overall, 34.5% shooter from 3 on 521 attempts and a 77.6% FT shooter. He has only 126 career assists to 112 career turnovers and has a career DRtg of 105.7.

Bohannon is coming back for a 6th year and shot 39% from 3 last year on over 6 attempts per game. For his career he shoots 39% fromt he field, 40% from 3 on 909 attempts and 88.7% from the free throw line. He has 639 career assists to 257 turnovers and has a career DRtg of 111.0.
How is each guys perimeter defense compared?

Hilton Magic? LOL. What are you, like 14 years old?

He was barely over .500 overall and won just over 40% of his conference games.
Condensed version of the definition of Hilton Magic during the Orr era:

lose a shit ton of games on the road while playing decent at home, upsetting some ranked teams along the way. Magic!

Oh BTW Iowa has a better record at Carver than ISU does at Hilton. Carver Magic!

Frankly, your track record when it comes to Iowa and the players leaves a lot to be desired. You might just want to sit this one out.
Leave it to clown fans to have an inability to grasp the difference between a coach that has won games in the NCAA tournament and then their coach who hasn’t.

The financial genius that Pollard has knows no limits.

We heard all preseason last year about how great your incoming freshmen were and then none of them, including Foster, helped the team win games. Now, they're gone so seeing any development won't occur. I agree with you about Prohm being a lousy end of game coach. And just for the record, you are predicting an above .500 season?
It was a nightmare season. Last year there were seven new players trying to replace some key guys that went pro. Those seven guys were cheated out of much of preseason practice due to COVID. Then had an abbreviated non-conference schedule which they badly needed. The next thing you know they were in the midst of one of the toughest top-to-bottom conference schedules in recent Big 12 history.

It was a recipe for disaster and that's exactly how it played out. It also didn't help that a couple of guys that were badly needed were hurt and didn't play or played very little. The team lacked a true point guard and and an effective center. With a few exceptions they never gave up and were in many games late, but just weren't good enough or mentally tough enough to finish games.

It was a nightmare season. Last year there were seven new players trying to replace some key guys that went pro. Those seven guys were cheated out of much of preseason practice due to COVID. Then had an abbreviated non-conference schedule which they badly needed. The next thing you know they were in the midst of one of the toughest top-to-bottom conference schedules in recent Big 12 history.

It was a recipe for disaster and that's exactly how it played out. It also didn't help that a couple of guys that were badly needed were hurt and didn't play or played very little. The team lacked a true point guard and and an effective center. With a few exceptions they never gave up and were in many games late, but just weren't good enough or mentally tough enough to finish games.
While all of that is true when clown fans were pushed about this in the pre-season they all said the new transfers made isu so much better. In fact according to most on cryclown fanatic isu was a fringe tourney team going into last year.

For some odd reason I can’t find a single post from clown fans saying isu was going to go 2-22 ahead of the season starting. Maybe you can find one for me.

It was a nightmare season. Last year there were seven new players trying to replace some key guys that went pro.

LOL, what?

ISU was replacing Haliburton (who missed the last 1/4 or 1/3 of the season) Jacobson and Nixon and then lost Griffin, Grill and Lewis to transfer.

Somewhat random question. Is it true that PMAC and the Murray twins are 21 or will be 21 shortly? If true it struck me odd based on their eligibility status. For example Horton -Tucker is completing his second year with the Lakers and won’t be 21 until November. Enaruna, the KU transfer played two years at KU and won’t be 20 until next month. Did PMAC lose time with his cancer battle? What about the twins? Seem to be two years older than their class.

You serious Clark?

So what. Do clown fans really think this matters?

Good lord you will go to any lengths to keep delusions alive.

Looked it. Murray’s turn 21 in August
Can I ask a question? Who cares? Until there is some violation of NCAA rules on year of eligibility, what does it matter? Are you that bored on a Saturday night you look up birthdates on Iowa players? Sorry asked more thank 1 question. I just don’t get it. Carry on.

Can I ask a question? Who cares? Until there is some violation of NCAA rules on year of eligibility, what does it matter? Are you that bored on a Saturday night you look up birthdates on Iowa players? Sorry asked more thank 1 question. I just don’t get it. Carry on.

My guess is clown fans are going to argue that the reason they suck is because they lose too many young players to the pros. Funny thing though is the Iowa football team has lost numerous players early to the NFL draft the past 4-5 years and have yet to have a 2 win season.

Clown fan delusion knows no limits.

My guess is clown fans are going to argue that the reason they suck is because they lose too many young players to the pros. Funny thing though is the Iowa football team has lost numerous players early to the NFL draft the past 4-5 years and have yet to have a 2 win season.

Clown fan delusion knows no limits.
That is my point. Ok great. We have older players. Um OK. I don’t care how old they are as long as we win within the rules. Didn’t they have some forward that was on like his 3-4 team last year that could have come back? Who cares? Kentucky and Duke (and I am surely not comparing Iowa to them overall of course) were very young this year. I mean ISU is currently taking a bunch of transfers who have played years already in college. But my God I wouldn’t spend a Saturday night looking up their birth certificates.

Reactions: HerkyFan
That is my point. Ok great. We have older players. Um OK. I don’t care how old they are as long as we win within the rules. Didn’t they have some forward that was on like his 3-4 team last year that could have come back? Who cares? Kentucky and Duke (and I am surely not comparing Iowa to them overall of course) were very young this year. I mean ISU is currently taking a bunch of transfers who have played years already in college. But my God I wouldn’t spend a Saturday night looking up their birth certificates.

I am not sure what is more pathetic, that clown fan buy the age thing as to why they suck or that they have no life so they post on a rivals site at all hours on the weekend.

As CyTwins says YIKES.

Sorry. It came up in a conversation with some Hawk friends when discussing Keegan being in some mock drafts and whether he would leave early.

Sorry. It came up in a conversation with some Hawk friends when discussing Keegan being in some mock drafts and whether he would leave early.

Why didn't you just ask your friends that are Hawk fans about the age of the Murray twins and Patrick?

Are you and your friends so effing dumb you don't know how to access information via the internet?

Wait...no need to answer that.
Isn’t this the internet? Where would you suggest we look to see why they’re two years old for their class? Maybe a Hawkeye basketball website?

Isn’t this the internet? Where would you suggest we look to see why they’re two years old for their class? Maybe a Hawkeye basketball website?

How are they 2 years old for their class? They would have turned 18 in August when they were starting their senior year of HS. They turned 19 when they were at IMG and turned 20 in August their first year at Iowa.

How are they 2 years old for their class? They would have turned 18 in August when they were starting their senior year of HS. They turned 19 when they were at IMG and turned 20 in August their first year at Iowa.
Just seemed being 21 when starting their second year of college seemed older. I’m old but I didn’t turn 21 until I completed my third year of college. I realize these days sports parents tend to keep kids back if they can.

Just seemed being 21 when starting their second year of college seemed older. I’m old but I didn’t turn 21 until I completed my third year of college. I realize these days sports parents tend to keep kids back if they can.

They turn 21 just before the academic year starts. They are one year older than other sophomores only because they went to prep school. What a weird thing to get hung up on.

Caleb Grill and the Murray's were in the same HS class. Grill is entering his junior season and turns 21 next month.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
They turn 21 just before the academic year starts. They are one year older than other sophomores only because they went to prep school. What a weird thing to get hung up on.

Caleb Grill and the Murray's were in the same HS class. Grill is entering his junior season and turns 21 next month.
Didn’t mean to make a big deal out of it. Again, it started with the discussion of Keegan leaving early. I’m sure you’ll agree that his age will come into play when/ if he makes his decision. Not a bad thing. My apologies.

Here is what it looks like when comparing the potential starting 5 and 6th man for each team. Both lack a proven star.

*Iowa*
F- Rebraca (16ppg)
F- Murray (7ppg)
G- C-Mac (3ppg)
G- J-Bo (10ppg)
G- Joe T (3ppg)
6th- Pat (5ppg)

*ISU*
C- Foster (4ppg)
F- Hinson (10ppg)
G- Brockington (12ppg)
G- Kalscheur (9ppg)
G- Hunter (N/A)
6th- Kunc (6ppg)

Prep school will do that! Having an August birthday and turning 21 as an “academic” junior is not out of the ordinary. Weird angle the Clowns are going after 🤷🏼

You tell us. We still can’t figure out why this is a thing with clown fans?
I prefer players to be older or upper classmates so I can't speak for everyone else. But i will take an older player on a team over a kid. Look at Baylor this season or the ISU team that had Kane, Ejim, and Hogue on it. They dominated by a physicality stand point because they were grown ass men. So I'm not sure what the other poster was getting at. But I don't agree.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy

Remove this past season, and TJ had a pretty good run at South Dakota State and UNLV.

This past season, UNLV had a long shut down early on with COVID, and they lost their starting PG early, and it just never got real pretty in 20-21.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT