ADVERTISEMENT

**Iowa vs OSU BTT Game Thread**

Iowa wouldn't get called for so many cheap reach-in fouls if they'd commit to moving their feet more to stay in better position.

It's the simple stay-between-your-man-and-the-basket concept, but they all stop moving their feet, especially when the offensive player picks up their dribble.

That's true. But why is the other team allowed to hold and slap and bump our guys?

Only down 5.

Considering that OSU was like 8-10 from three, I'll take it. Not happy about the defense and giving all them ****ing open looks from deep, but considering where it could be, to only be down 5 is a "win".

clear push off leads to an open 3 cool cool
Its like when their PG - or at least short enough to be the PG - deliberately dribbled into Brock with a dip of the shoulder to create separation and no charge call - it was OSU's possession right after Freeman's And1 make to get the deficit down to 2 (40-38).

FBS!!

This freshman class is impressive, though. Freeman, Dembele, and Harding are going to be fun to watch. Next year could be a good one if Tony returns.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Can someone explain to me why Payton isn’t in the game on the last possession of the half? Thank you
Sat for the last 3 minutes in 2 foul jail. Putting him in for the last possession probably wouldn’t be smart. He’s probably pick up his 3rd foul.

Mistake by Harding
Harding needs a clock with the ball. Like if he doesn't get rid of it in 3-4 seconds nothing good happens, and Fran needs to f***ing tell him that.

He's a distributor and a good passer, yes. But when he dribbles and dribbles and darts around traffic, everyone else just kinda stops and looks like they're trying to process wtf he's going.

Yes, some of that is on the other 4 guys for not having a collective brain between them to cut or screen and move their asses to help him out.

But when you have the ball, you should ALWAYS have a plan....................and if that plan breaks down, then get rid of the f***ing ball and come up with a new plan.

5b919523-d810-41a8-b9d1-b44ec9e403c0_text.gif

Thankfully Fran benched Sandfort for half of the game, after he was scorching hot
fran playing checkers again…

It never ceases to amaze me when some rando goes off for a career record game against our defense and no one can think of a way to stop him.
After the loss Fran will say “they run good stuff”. He says it every time and drives me nuts.

This freshman class is impressive, though. Freeman, Dembele, and Harding are going to be fun to watch. Next year could be a good one if Tony returns.
If Tony comes back it’s fine but I almost prefer he doesn’t. I think with Harding, Bowen Dix and Pryce the hawks will be ok

Reactions: HawkBall23
Only down 5.

Considering that OSU was like 8-10 from three, I'll take it. Not happy about the defense and giving all them ****ing open looks from deep, but considering where it could be, to only be down 5 is a "win".
By comparison, Wisconsin had ten made 3s at the half and led Maryland by 21 in their game this afternoon.

Does it mean OSU will 'cool off' or that Iowa will win? Not automatically. But Iowa is in massively better position compared to what it could be.

Harding needs a clock with the ball. Like if he doesn't get rid of it in 3-4 seconds nothing good happens, and Fran needs to f***ing tell him that.

He's a distributor and a good passer, yes. But when he dribbles and dribbles and darts around traffic, everyone else just kinda stops and looks like they're trying to process wtf he's going.

Yes, some of that is on the other 4 guys for not having a collective brain between them to cut or screen and move their asses to help him out.

But when you have the ball, you should ALWAYS have a plan....................and if that plan breaks down, then get rid of the f***ing ball and come up with a new plan.

5b919523-d810-41a8-b9d1-b44ec9e403c0_text.gif
Brock overdribbles and gets too deep sometimes. He does tend to create and feed Freeman when doing that but it's not a high percentage look.

They needed to pass the ball around instead of just the high ball screen. Brock isn't athletic enough to create off the dribble when the defense knows what's coming.

If Brock Harding doesn't play at least 10 minutes in the 2nd half tonight, Fran needs to be jailed for criminal negligence in failing to perform well at his job.

Ohio getting hit with tornado warnings right now. Is that a good omen, or a bad omen? Either way it must mean something about this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT