ADVERTISEMENT

**Iowa vs OSU BTT Game Thread**

Are we gonna lose?......

200w.gif

I don't like to hear what I heard. Perkins hasn't been to practice or team meals since the Illinois Loss. He almost missed the plane. Not sure if he's sick or what is up. But go hawks.

For those wanting to listen to the radio broadcast, here are 2 free options:

(1) YouTube Link:

Shortly before ONE HOUR before tip, go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "MBB: Iowa vs Ohio State." Click on this link & listen to the pregame show that starts at 4:30 pm CT.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show (starts at 4:30 pm CT), the game (5:30 pm CT tip) & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, football, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, or Lisa, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out.

Fran played 9 players vs Illinois on Sunday. I know some people never want to see PMac on the court again but we need bodies in order to win 2 or 3 games in 2 or 3 days.

And we need Ben to produce. In 14 minutes Sunday, he was 0-2 from the field, 2-2 from the FT line, for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 steal and 1 block. He had just 2 fouls.

I like Ladji's game and I think we will need him, especially if we win & play tomorrow. He's raw but he's got so much potential; he runs well, aggressively rebounds and plays really hard.

The rebounding margin (50-33) on Sunday was horrible. At the same time, Iowa missed 42 shots (Iowa shot 23-65 for 35%). :(

Minutes Played on Sunday vs Illinois:
38: Josh Dix
33: Payton
28: Owen
27: Tony
14: Ben
24: PMac
14: Brock
12: Pryce
10: Ladji
200 Total
============

Those minutes for PMac and Ben need to be swapped.

I agree Ladji is a wild card and if he can produce more rebounds and less PFs, he will be a key to this tournament run.

Reactions: kceasthawk and KcTo
Excited to watch Fran play his son 25+ minutes in a game they need to win for the NCAA tournament
No matter how many minutes Patrick plays in todays game, haven't you heard that Duke has reached out to him to play his Covid year there. Got to love internet rumor's.
Here's hoping he has a great game. he's do!

Anyone else hear this?
You realize he hurt his back against Northwestern near the end of the game making that pass to allow Patrick to drain the 3 to put the game on ice. No pun intended.
His body of work during the Illinois game might have been effected by a sore back. We'll know more this afternoon, if he is still off, it might be because he's still hurting. He taken a lot of punishment during the year and has always answered the bell.
Tough young man. Hope his game is on today, Iowa needs him.
If not, Brock will have to play more minutes to fill the gap.

You realize he hurt his back against Northwestern near the end of the game making that pass to allow Patrick to drain the 3 to put the game on ice. No pun intended.
His body of work during the Illinois game might have been effected by a sore back. We'll know more this afternoon, if he is still off, it might be because he's still hurting. He taken a lot of punishment during the year and has always answered the bell.
Tough young man. Hope his game is on today, Iowa needs him.
If not, Brock will have to play more minutes to fill the gap.
Yeah I guess that doesn't explain the missing of team meetings and stuff if true

Reactions: kceasthawk
I don't like to hear what I heard. Perkins hasn't been to practice or team meals since the Illinois Loss. He almost missed the plane. Not sure if he's sick or what is up. But go hawks.
I don't believe any of this! It's Thursday - like the media wouldn't know about this if true?

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
Excited to watch Fran play his son 25+ minutes in a game they need to win for the NCAA tournament
He might. I think it generally depends on the foul situation and then how he's playing as the replacement. Otherwise I kinda doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT