ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

This has been true historically for Iowa. Today with the portal I think we need to be a little more selective with recruits just because of our loyalty to those who join us. If they don't pan out they still may stay all 4 years, thus somewhat weighing down the lineup. If we leave some openings it's easier to add proven players through the portal. I'd prefer we use the portal sparingly, but another factor we now must consider. A fine line to be sure.

Reactions: letsgosports
Yes that's an option, but based upon what she said on one of Kate's Instagram Lives, I don't think it's all that likely. She seemed to contemplate one more year and then moving on. I think she'd have to take a significant step forward for that to be on the table for her or Iowa.
I'd have to agree. At this point Kylie is a hawkeye no doubt, but I don't see her in the level of recruit we could land at this point UNLESS she really steps up this season. I know stranger things have happened. If she made a significant improvement in her ball handling skills, and IQ when it comes to when to drive and when not to, and becomes a more consistent shooter then absolutely. I'm just not convinced that someone in her 5th year out of college is going to make that kind of jump now. Maybe her increased role this season will make her this years Kate Martin. Time will tell.....

I'd have to agree. At this point Kylie is a hawkeye no doubt, but I don't see her in the level of recruit we could land at this point UNLESS she really steps up this season. I know stranger things have happened. If she made a significant improvement in her ball handling skills, and IQ when it comes to when to drive and when not to, and becomes a more consistent shooter then absolutely. I'm just not convinced that someone in her 5th year out of college is going to make that kind of jump now. Maybe her increased role this season will make her this years Kate Martin. Time will tell.....
It will be interesting to see what she can do in extended minutes. Kylie has always seemed like a skilled player, just completely out of the flow of the game. That could change if she's in there 25 minutes per.

Kylie, had an excellent performance in a late season game ( can not remember which one ) indicating that she can be a key contributor. I hope she has a great season.
One game a season isn't going to cut it. I like Kylie but she has a lot of work to do to get better. I know the game you are talking about, think she had 3 3's and played a good game. But she needs to be way more consistent and smarter with the ball and really work on her handles.

One game a season isn't going to cut it. I like Kylie but she has a lot of work to do to get better. I know the game you are talking about, think she had 3 3's and played a good game. But she needs to be way more consistent and smarter with the ball and really work on her handles.
agreed

Reactions: ddeanHawk
Given our roster, !I think she and McCabe compete for the 2. Kylie has defense, passing and experience. Who gets what playing time? ( I am a fan of both so trying to be fair, here )

I don’t have a link but I believe Kylie has stated this will be her last year.
She did a video q&a where she was asked about career goals. She plans to graduate this year. But no one plans to take the COVID year on their own; you have to be asked back by the coach first (and of course she could opt to transfer somewhere smaller with better weather and have a great year as an impact player, like Tomi did).

I don’t know that Jan should or will ask her back…but unless things start looking very different with our ‘25 targets, we’re likely to have a few open spots. So I could see it being an option Jan looks to, is all I’m saying. If she has a great year (i.e., she is a starter and regularly contributes to the box score), I think that option becomes more likely. If she is coming off the bench, I think it less likely.

She did a video q&a where she was asked about career goals. She plans to graduate this year. But no one plans to take the COVID year on their own; you have to be asked back by the coach first (and of course she could opt to transfer somewhere smaller with better weather and have a great year as an impact player, like Tomi did)....
Yes, and Tomi is also playing in the Olympics later this summer for Nigeria.

I remember as well, and then I don't think she made another shot (especially from 3) the rest of the season. And yes she turns the ball over way to much for her low usage rate. As posted hopefully a greater role, (if she earns it) will benefit her consistency....

I remember as well, and then I don't think she made another shot (especially from 3) the rest of the season. And yes she turns the ball over way to much for her low usage rate. As posted hopefully a greater role, (if she earns it) will benefit her consistency....
Her game at Minnesota was excellent making 4 of 8 treys. Versus Ohio State she had 4 steals. She had a single 3 vs UConn. I can’t remember much else late in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT