ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

Make me curious. Something personal about the recruiting process?
Iowa tried, she seems to be looking to go out of state. There could be plenty of reasons why. She's never commented publicly as far as I know. From the outside, it looks like wanting to go to college somewhere other than 30 minutes from where you went to high school and finding a program with more of a higher "brand"...I could be wrong🤷‍♂️

Iowa tried, she seems to be looking to go out of state. There could be plenty of reasons why. She's never commented publicly as far as I know. From the outside, it looks like wanting to go to college somewhere other than 30 minutes from where you went to high school and finding a program with more of a higher "brand"...I could be wrong🤷‍♂️
I’d be shocked if she wasn’t cheering for SC/LSU in the final four last year. She likely, like many black girls across the country, identifies with and looks up to players like Aliyah Boston and Angel Reese. And there’s nothing wrong with that. She probably was not happy with the backlash toward Reese and could very well have felt Boston was more deserving of NPOY over CC. She would not be the only black kid to feel that way, but she would probably be the only Iowa target bc she’s in our backyard. If she wasn’t clearly so NOT interested (and seemingly cheering against us) I’d be less inclined to believe that was the case.

Reactions: HIWILLE
The Iowa brand continues to get stronger. Great fan support (Iowans have always liked women's basketball), Three Big Ten titles in a row (4 of 6, participated in 5 of 6), great coaches and a complete family atmosphere. Not much to dislike at Iowa.

I’d be shocked if she wasn’t cheering for SC/LSU in the final four last year. She likely, like many black girls across the country, identifies with and looks up to players like Aliyah Boston and Angel Reese. And there’s nothing wrong with that. She probably was not happy with the backlash toward Reese and could very well have felt Boston was more deserving of NPOY over CC. She would not be the only black kid to feel that way, but she would probably be the only Iowa target bc she’s in our backyard. If she wasn’t clearly so NOT interested (and seemingly cheering against us) I’d be less inclined to believe that was the case.
She might not be a fit for the Iowa culture then. Might like the Mulkey culture and Angel Reese better. No loss to the Hawks then.

The Iowa brand continues to get stronger. Great fan support (Iowans have always liked women's basketball), Three Big Ten titles in a row (4 of 6, participated in 5 of 6), great coaches and a complete family atmosphere. Not much to dislike at Iowa.
A lot of black kids / fans aren’t interested in Iowa simply bc the culture is so white lol. Last year during the final four someone edited together contrasting clips of Iowa getting hyped up and LSU getting hyped up. LSU was doing so to gangsta rap, laced with profanity. Cut to Iowa, doing the same to music from….wait for it….Disney’s High School Musical lol.

The difference in culture couldn’t be more clear. It was actually very funny, but also very telling. A lot of black fans were leaving very funny reactions in the comments that made me laugh even as an Iowa fan. Different strokes for different folks. It is what it is. Love my Hawks. They’re still very white lol. I’m biracial so I was able to watch that clip (and all the drama of course) thru two lenses. Most of its not that serious, but the differences are still real.

Last edited:
A lot of black kids / fans aren’t interested in Iowa simply bc the culture is so white lol. Last year during the final four someone edited together contrasting clips of Iowa getting hyped up and LSU getting hyped up. LSU was doing so to gangsta rap, laced with profanity. Cut to Iowa, doing the same to music from….wait for it….Disney’s High School Musical lol.

The difference in culture couldn’t be more clear. It was actually very funny, but also very telling. A lot of black fans were leaving very funny reactions in the comments that made me laugh even as an Iowa fan. Different strokes for different folks. It is what it is.
Pardon me for not associating with music that uses words I was taught not to use in public. Or lyrics focused on hating the police or denegrating women. I have numerous friends that are not white but I just think of them as friends.

The difference in culture couldn’t be more clear. It was actually very funny, but also very telling. A lot of black fans were leaving very funny reactions in the comments that made me laugh even as an Iowa fan. Different strokes for different folks. It is what it is. Love my Hawks. They’re still very white lol. I’m biracial so I was able to watch that clip (and all the drama of course) thru two lenses. Most of it’s not that serious, but the differences are still real.
I thought it was HILARIOUS lol.

Too good not to share:

Don’t worry, gang— Addie is already on the recruiting trail! lol

Yeah, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think of Bourrage when Deal committed. Theyre friends — they met at a camp in DSM this summer (I think). They often engage on social media and like each others games. I was thinking, Well, if there’s any chance in hell of us getting Bourrage, maybe this will help…. Then I saw the Ohio State tweet lol and tbh I figured from this point on she should be considered a no-go.

Last edited:

The difference in culture couldn’t be more clear. It was actually very funny, but also very telling. A lot of black fans were leaving very funny reactions in the comments that made me laugh even as an Iowa fan. Different strokes for different folks. It is what it is. Love my Hawks. They’re still very white lol. I’m biracial so I was able to watch that clip (and all the drama of course) thru two lenses. Most of its not that serious, but the differences are still real.

And can you imagine the outrage if the iowa team was playing the same music. it'd be non-stop racist BS on the networks and even the players on LSU would be calling iowa players out for listening to "their music"

And can you imagine the outrage if the iowa team was playing the same music. it'd be non-stop racist BS on the networks and even the players on LSU would be calling iowa players out for listening to "their music"
Aidy Bryant Yes GIF by Saturday Night Live

Does anyone know why Iowa is not recruiting Aaliyah Crump from Minnetonka HS in Minnesota? She’s a 6’1” guard rated #6 overall on Hoopgurlz 2025. I believe she also played for North Tartan, same club team as Greenway.

Does anyone know why Iowa is not recruiting Aaliyah Crump from Minnetonka HS in Minnesota? She’s a 6’1” guard rated #6 overall on Hoopgurlz 2025. I believe she also played for North Tartan, same club team as Greenway.
All the coaches are following her multiple social media accounts. Rare for Bluder to do so unless the player is committed. I don't believe they received feedback that she had much interest. Her recruitment hasn't been very public but I've never seen any report saying she's visited.

Last edited:
All the coaches are following her multiple social media accounts. Rare for Bluder to do so unless the player is committed. I don't believe they received feedback that she had much interest. Her recruitment hasn't been very public but I've never seen any report saying she's visited.
When now Minnetonka coach Brian Cosgriff was building and running the Hopkins girls basketball dynasty, Iowa never had any luck with his many coveted recruits. Now that he is at Minnetonka, I wouldn't expect that to change.

• Wow
Reactions: HIWILLE
When now Minnetonka coach Brian Cosgriff was building and running the Hopkins girls basketball dynasty, Iowa never had any luck with his many coveted recruits. Now that he is at Minnetonka, I wouldn't expect that to change.
The same could said about Dickson and AIA years ago. Larson with North Tartan carries some influence I'd imagine.

Reactions: AMAYS
Beth needs to dip in the swarm and take a little money from football to change Bourrage's mind.

The same could said about Dickson and AIA years ago. Larson with North Tartan carries some influence I'd imagine.
Fair point. But none of the local speculation about Crump includes Iowa, or Minnesota. Ohio State and Duke coaches at her state tournament this week. No report of Iowa at her tourney this week, unless I missed it.

What a bizarre post. This is not in any way in touch with the reality of the world we live in.

Didn't think it'd be that hard to understand but... ..if the video of the iowa women would have been the gangsta rap music of them jumping around & singing to it, there would be outrage about it and how its racist. There...... you understand?

Didn't think it'd be that hard to understand but... ..if the video of the iowa women would have been the gangsta rap music of them jumping around & singing to it, there would be outrage about it and how its racist. There...... you understand?
That’s it. Just keep changing your argument until it makes more sense. 🤣

Reactions: hawkahawk
We understand that you sound like a drunk uncle who is still mad about women being in the workplace. The war is over grandpa, there’s potatoes for everyone now!

Unless they recorded themselves using a certain word while singing along to rap music there would be zero controversy.

Reactions: chaneccooms
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT