ADVERTISEMENT

Is Fran building a new regional powerhouse?

Not quite a powerhouse but a 3rd place finish in the B1G and a #2 seed are pretty damn good. Oh...and the consensus player of the year.
In the four seasons since those high comedy posts, Iowa has averaged 6th place. So we’ve essentially missed “cementing Iowa in the top five” by only one spot. I still don’t understand why a top five program would necessarily qualify as a “regional powerhouse” I actually don’t even know what the hell a”regional powerhouse” is. It’s right up there with “upper division finish” as idiotic phrases go ... but ... whatever...

And all those predicted “deep runs?”

Yeah....uh... stay tuned... lol.

Last edited:
That (2017-2018) was a stinker, but Iowa followed that with a 6th place finish, tied for 5th place, then last year's 3rd place finish, winning more games each year. Definitely improvement, even through many injuries. Gotta get over that hump though.

Reactions: perryhawk
In the four seasons since those high comedy posts, Iowa has averaged 6th place. So we’ve essentially missed “cementing Iowa in the top five” by only one spot. I still don’t understand why a top five program would qualify as a “regional powerhouse” I actually don’t even know what the hell a”regional powerhouse” is. It’s right up there with “upper division finish” as idiotic phrases go ... but ... whatever...

And all those predicted “deep runs?”

Yeah....uh... stay tuned... lol.
Ranks right up there with "packaged deal" in recruiting which seems to almost never happen.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
Looking at Fran's tenure it's hard to deny that the Iowa program has been taking small steps forward each year.

Player development has been very consistent. Good players moving up, assuming leadership roles, and then going to play professionally.

When I look at the talent in the FR and SO classes, I can't see this team underperforming any time soon.
This team is set up to make deep runs, as long as they stay healthy!

Should be fun to watch the next 3-4 years as Fran cements Iowa as a top 5 program in the B1G.

Mission Accomplished

• Haha
Reactions: Raptorpeeps
Iowa will never get to top 5 team with the new $$$ that all large population states and Million dollar business owners. The new rules will just make ever college team a feeder program to the pros. Now it will be legal to buy players. Sad day in all college sports.....Can we say "NIKE" and Oregon? Best semi sports team in America...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT